First World Problems

TheRealKingCrazy

Me: *Works 60 hours last week, at a job which I love*

Office: *Enjoys a 3-day weekend*

Me: *Files back into the "virtual" office on Tuesday morning, refreshed and recharged and ready for a 4-day workweek this week*

Automated pop-up message from IT: "Due to your excessive hours worked last week, and per recommendation by your colleagues, you are required to take a half-day away from work. Please click 'I understand' to lock your computer."

Me: Ok, fine, I guess I'll do something in SWTOR.

SWTOR: "We are currently undergoing maintenance".

Me: Fine, I'll play my other game.

Other game: "We are undergoing patch maintenance."

Me: *Insert string of expletives here*

------------------------------

For the record, I knew this mandatory half-day off was coming as early as Saturday. Still, I kinda wish I could play SOMETHING while waiting out my "mandatory rest period."

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 6:31 AM, TheRealKingCrazy said:

Me: *Works 60 hours last week, at a job which I love*

Office: *Enjoys a 3-day weekend*

Me: *Files back into the "virtual" office on Tuesday morning, refreshed and recharged and ready for a 4-day workweek this week*

Automated pop-up message from IT: "Due to your excessive hours worked last week, and per recommendation by your colleagues, you are required to take a half-day away from work. Please click 'I understand' to lock your computer."

Me: Ok, fine, I guess I'll do something in SWTOR.

SWTOR: "We are currently undergoing maintenance".

Me: Fine, I'll play my other game.

Other game: "We are undergoing patch maintenance."

Me: *Insert string of expletives here*

------------------------------

For the record, I knew this mandatory half-day off was coming as early as Saturday. Still, I kinda wish I could play SOMETHING while waiting out my "mandatory rest period."

I always like to have a few games going at once to cover any situation. Got this MMO, got some multiplayer games, and a few single player games. No matter what, I will have something to play. It's nice to have options, and with Steam sales we can get so many games cheap.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:25 PM, xordevoreaux said:

Everquest 2 and Swtor have the same maintenance timeframes. That's when I get laundry and grocery shopping done.

That's like me and loading screens. It's when I use the restroom or get a drink. Gotta take advantage of that downtime. ;)