Currency reform

Taranx

Will that really solve the problem? The billionaires will still have a lot more credits than new players. I do wish we could do something about the economy. My friends who used to play aren't interested in subbing anymore because they don't see any value in spending credits on the GTS so why bother to unlock the currency cap? It's hard to convince potential new players to join the game with a broken economy too.

2 minutes ago, Nisime said:

Will that really solve the problem? The billionaires will still have a lot more credits than new players. I do wish we could do something about the economy. My friends who used to play aren't interested in subbing anymore because they don't see any value in spending credits on the GTS so why bother to unlock the currency cap? It's hard to convince potential new players to join the game with a broken economy too.

It doesn't, it's just a patch. Has been done for real in some countries before, it eventually all goes to hell again.

8 hours ago, juanmf said:

It doesn't, it's just a patch. Has been done for real in some countries before, it eventually all goes to hell again.

Correct, because currency devaluation does nothing to solve the underlying problem that created the currency crisis in the first place.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb xordevoreaux:

Correct, because currency devaluation does nothing to solve the underlying problem that created the currency crisis in the first place.

So, what is the underlying problem? So far as I know, the Billions entered the game as an exploit / glitch.

How else came so much money into the game? Through questing?

vor 17 Stunden schrieb juanmf:

You mean, for example in Germany?

And yes, a currency reform is a patch, as in the rl world. But sometimes it is simply necessary

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Chryptyk:

the rich wouldn't really be affected.  theyre already storing wealth as crates, packs, and other high value items.  that being said, credits do need a squish, per say.

Main effect would be, to raise the worth of the "normal" earned credits (via questing). The intention is not to "punish" the rich, but to give all other players the opportunity to earn money.

48 minutes ago, Taranx said:

So, what is the underlying problem? So far as I know, the Billions entered the game as an exploit / glitch.

If that is what you know, dig harder.

Currency conversion from the Cartel Market --> GTN is a huge money engine, and to buy those goodies with credits rather than reach into a real wallet and haul out real cash to buy cartel coins for $55 light saber hilts and $46 armor ensembles, people paid less than $5 to gold sellers, who ginned a lot of money, legitimately and otherwise, and the overprinting of money contributed to hyperinflation. That's just one narrative. Search for the forums about inflation, and you'll find a dozen more.

57 minutes ago, Taranx said:

You mean, for example in Germany?

And yes, a currency reform is a patch, as in the rl world. But sometimes it is simply necessary

I'm from Argentina so my example comes from here, multiple times in the past. Trust me, we know about economic feck ups.

Man this censorship is childish.

5 minutes ago, _Re_V_aN_ said:

Or just move u a** and start making credits in game than cry? Ye price for some item is rly high, but also u can easy making money. Not inflation is problem, but limit 1b on gtn. 

Amazing comment, so thoughtful and full of construcive criticism. If you think a dye should cost the same or even more than an armour set then you are deluded.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, juanmf said:

Amazing comment, so thoughtful and full of construcive criticism. If you think a dye should cost the same or even more than an armour set then you are deluded.

Armor u can unlock in collection, Dye not. 

Also:
https://imgur.com/lsxHKGZ
https://imgur.com/zAYZPfB
So bw also are deluded.

Edited by _Re_V_aN_
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, juanmf said:

feck ups.

Man this censorship is childish.

Agreed. I tend to ignore it as well as it's completely ridiculous. Don't be surprised though if you get a 1 point warning, stating the following:

Spoiler

Profanity and/or circumventing the language filter so that your profanity is not censored, or only partially censored, is not permitted on the forums. Do not create posts or threads containing profanity or implied profanity.

Oh well...

33 minutes ago, _Re_V_aN_ said:

Armor u can unlock in collection, Dye not. 

Also:
https://imgur.com/lsxHKGZ
https://imgur.com/zAYZPfB
So bw also are deluded.

The dye system should go but telling someone to get off their ass and go make money instead of trying to find away to fix the issue is not a good thing.

As it stands, we all might as well just roll over and take it guys, the game will just keep going downhill.

2 minutes ago, juanmf said:

As it stands, we all might as well just roll over and take it guys, the game will just keep going downhill.

I've been hearing it for 5 years. There is no issue. U can make now something like 1b in 40minuts(maybe faster). But always it's easier to complain than to move, isn't it?
Only what bw should doing now.. its remove stupid limit on gtn. Thats fix "issue" with higher price, because then all know how much any item costs. Now u can scam other ppl.

12 minutes ago, _Re_V_aN_ said:

I've been hearing it for 5 years. There is no issue. U can make now something like 1b in 40minuts(maybe faster). But always it's easier to complain than to move, isn't it?
Only what bw should doing now.. its remove stupid limit on gtn. Thats fix "issue" with higher price, because then all know how much any item costs. Now u can scam other ppl.

"There is no issue" = Stuff went from costing 10mil to 1billion. No, totally no issue at all pal. Why is this place filled with so many thick headed people that refuse to see the most basic of issues in the game?

5 minutes ago, _Re_V_aN_ said:

And tell me clown, how much time u spend before for make this 10m, and how much time u need to make this now? 
I can tell u, before u need spend something like 1/2 hours on heroic. Now in 10 min u get 20x more than before. 

Calls me a clown and grammar's worse than my aunts. This is hilarious and he still fails to see the point.

15 minutes ago, juanmf said:
22 minutes ago, _Re_V_aN_ said:

Calls me a clown and grammar's worse than my aunts. This is hilarious and he still fails to see the point.

Well yes, imagine than not all have native english, and some people even don't have it in school. Yes u are a clown, because u looks only on numbers, not time what u need spend to make it. And it's u who starts from using epithets.
But ok, i have ex: 1.000.000.000c and after fixing i get 1.000.000c Still can make 1b in 40min, so tell me how would this affect on item prices? I don't see any diference. Pretty sure, price stay the same. Because u can easy earn xxx creds just like that.

Edited by _Re_V_aN_

Well selling something for 2.5m and the GTN hits me for 200k is uh ouch. Like really, 200k is BS they need some brains at BW maybe instead of charging 5k for stims at the local Reven Holo they should up it to 250k per.

EDIT: 2 solutions to credit reform comes to mind.... Make Credit cap Unlimited for Sub, Pref, Free. Secondly Sell Tokens for Sub time....

Edited by CKNORTH

9 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

ok, so increase gtn cap to 2B.  take away the ability to trade or mail credits.  make gtn tax 20% until the amount of cash in the system drops to an acceptable level.

Still i think its not work, we have that price because we can sell oem, rpm, cm, gold augs, and many other items like that. If bw make it BoL then should be work. But still this only punish "normal" players. What about ops sale, credits salers or augments crafters? That guys have much more credits than allow credit cap.  

4 hours ago, CKNORTH said:

EDIT: 2 solutions to credit reform comes to mind.... Make Credit cap Unlimited for Sub, Pref, Free. Secondly Sell Tokens for Sub time....

I allow with that, we rly don't need limit on gtn when most items have price above 1b. Tokens for sub time? What do u mean?

On 1/5/2023 at 7:31 PM, Taranx said:

As the economy is in shambles, some players have billions, i would suggest a currency reform.

One to one thousand should do the trick: 1 New Credit = 1000 Credits.

What do you think?

What would that accomplish, unless you keep the current mission rewards and loot values the same just in new currency? And that is the equivalent of inflating the current rewards in old currency.

Anyway, I understand the economy is broken, but then again, this is merely relevant for cosmetics. With the exception of augments or possibly crafted tacticals (is that still a thing after grit teeth nerve?) I don‘t see much impact on the actual game, and even for cosmetics there are workarounds (looking at RP), so if you don‘t insist on having the 100% you can approximate most things at significantly less cost.

If you want to even out the bank accounts there are only two ways as I see it:

either you strip the rich of money, which will most likely piss them off enough to leave (which is always a threat in RL as well, just without any probability of being put into effect), or you give them things worth spending the money on removing it from the cycle, means real credit sinks.

• Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb xordevoreaux:

If that is what you know, dig harder.

Currency conversion from the Cartel Market --> GTN is a huge money engine, and to buy those goodies with credits rather than reach into a real wallet and haul out real cash to buy cartel coins for $55 light saber hilts and $46 armor ensembles, people paid less than $5 to gold sellers, who ginned a lot of money, legitimately and otherwise, and the overprinting of money contributed to hyperinflation. That's just one narrative. Search for the forums about inflation, and you'll find a dozen more.

So what would be your solution?

If there is too much money in the system, because of overprinting and multiple exploits over the years, my solution would be to remove that money from the system.

If this patch is only a temporary solution (2-5 years), than we have at least 2-5 years of normal gameplay.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb juanmf:

I'm from Argentina so my example comes from here, multiple times in the past. Trust me, we know about economic feck ups.

And you think Argentina would have been better of if no currency reform(s) had happened?

vor 11 Stunden schrieb _Re_V_aN_:

But ok, i have ex: 1.000.000.000c and after fixing i get 1.000.000c Still can make 1b in 40min, so tell me how would this affect on item prices? I don't see any diference. Pretty sure, price stay the same. Because u can easy earn xxx creds just like that.

I don´t get it.

How do you make 1 Billion credits in 40 min without the GTN?

And if you need the GTN for that, you realize that you only can get the money that is in the market? If all credits ingame are reduced by a factor of 1000 you make 1/1000 at the GTN.

2 minutes ago, Taranx said:

And if you need the GTN for that, you realize that you only can get the money that is in the market? If all credits ingame are reduced by a factor of 1000 you make 1/1000 at the GTN.

Like i said, its only punish normal players. Ops, credits, augments salers, have already rly much more money above limit. So if u reduce credits, that guys just take credits from mail, other accounts etc. And feel nothing. Still u have that same price for rpm/oem gold augs. Just that guys need wait litte longer for sell item. Only working things what i see is make bound to legacy items like golden augs, oem/rpm but still it not working for credit or ops sellers. 
For example, i have 1b credits from 100b after "fix" But still have lot cash in email, toon and accounts. Just take it, and again i have 100b. U think i wanna then sell item on under price? No, just wait on time when ppl get again more money. Also buy stuff under prices from players who wanna make money, and sell it again later for much more prices. This "fix" only helps rich guy doing more cash xD

Rly i have hope its some understable what i write xD