PVP Seasons are painfully slow to progress. After a solid couple of hours of PvP, my season one bar hasn't moved at all.

IIHawkerII

After a solid couple of hours of PvP, my season one bar hasn't moved at all. And that's after I had my hard fought first level stripped away from me. It'd be a different story if I could see it moving at all, but it still looks like it's empty, major buzzkill to be honest. Especially compared to the fairly paced galactic seasons. If the idea was to get casuals invested in PVP through these PVP seasons, it's really not doing it. 

I am not understand something, have your points moved at all as well? The reason the bar moves so little it's because the reward track is shorter and it's almost 2 months of points to complete it.

Edited by juanmf

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926631-pvp-seasons-level-points-stuff/#comment-9734807

This is how the system works, Mr. Woods himself stated how in the thread I have linked.

Feel free to also check out Xam Xam's Medal guide. Xam Xam is one of the only Swtor content creators left who actually deals with PVP on a regular basis.

Edited by Weswhitebore

12 hours ago, Anyaka_Jedi said:

Potentially its only about 3 levels a week, and then you really have to try to not fill the 1000 cap. Done 3 wz weeklies and now waiting for reset to fill it again...

3 Weeklies* 

*If you win them all

It feels so insulting in it's current implementation that I am just skipping it in its entirety. I'm not struggling to complete a half-baked treadmill for the sake of completion. Its filthy for people who otherwise do not engage in pvp because there has been no effort to actually improve the experience in general.

Resetting weeklies? The outrageous number of matches needed to complete them? (I know people are fine with it, but when you're losing more than winning to complete even 1 weekly, it'll wear you down when there are BETTER games for competitive gaming) 1000 point cap? Unintuitive tracking? Trash or non-existent matchmaking? The busting up the medal system? Pairing groups vs solos? All on top of the leveling experience being hindered with the garbage restructuring they did with 7.0? You'd have to have too much free time, already enjoy Swtor's pvp or be a sadist to willingly pursue and complete this heap of flaming garbage. Could argue all 3 are the same reasoning. But this season's a flop.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, DarthCasus said:

) 1000 point cap? Unintuitive tracking? Trash or non-existent matchmaking? The busting up the medal system? Pairing groups vs solos? All on top of the leveling experience being hindered with the garbage restructuring they did with 7.0? You'd have to have too much free time, already enjoy Swtor's pvp or be a sadist to willingly pursue and complete this heap of flaming garbage.

Someone had to say it.

In the first week I got to level 7. Honest question how is that possible? 

If you don't enjoy pvp then don't do it, it's that simple. I honestly don't feel like the intent of the pvp season was to force players who don't like pvp into the queue as cannon fodder. I feel like it's an opportunity for players who've left pvp because it had grown stale, to return. And maybe get some newer players into the queues and get them interested. 

Another question, what trinity style mmo has pvp better than swtor? If you are talking about different style games then yeah I won't argue, but as an mmo I don't think there's a better one for pvp anyways. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

In the first week I got to level 7. Honest question how is that possible?

It's not possible. You can only earn 1,000 points per week which will get you about 3 and a half levels.

Maybe your "reach 25 levels" achievement was at 7/25. That would be possible because of the reset bug that was around for the first few days of the season.

1 hour ago, SilverChap said:

It's not possible. You can only earn 1,000 points per week which will get you about 3 and a half levels.

Maybe your "reach 25 levels" achievement was at 7/25. That would be possible because of the reset bug that was around for the first few days of the season.

I have a terrible memory. All I know is that I didn't play the first week and I'm lvl 12 right now so?? Idk bruh...

Edited by Samcuu

11 hours ago, juanmf said:

3 Weeklies* 

*If you win them all

Actually i didnt win all of them. And if you want the cosmetics well guess its up to you to do the pvp. Lets face it, most would rather have had a cc button option to bypass the grind. However personally for me it was an incentive to actually do some pvp that i havent done in years and i did have fun surprisingly.

The arena weekly requirement should be less though sincs its disproportionate to the wz one.

6 minutes ago, Anyaka_Jedi said:

Actually i didnt win all of them. And if you want the cosmetics well guess its up to you to do the pvp. Lets face it, most would rather have had a cc button option to bypass the grind. However personally for me it was an incentive to actually do some pvp that i havent done in years and i did have fun surprisingly.

The arena weekly requirement should be less though sincs its disproportionate to the wz one.

On the bright side I get quite the influx of Tech Frags each week which equals RPM to sell in the GTN.

The points for arena are both insane but make sense.

Edited by juanmf