PVP seasons level points stuff

AlainaFlute

So I got the max amount of points for the week which is 1,000 points. That netted me 3 and a half levels for the season. It looks like max points for the entire season is 7,000 points. Am I reading that wrong? Because if 1,000 points nets 3 and a half level, then 7,000 points will get you to 24 and a half levels. Where do we get the other points to max out seasons??? Or am I mathing it wrong. By no means am I a math guru. Just unsure of how the point/level system is working and making sure we ALL have the opportunity to max out PVP seasons.

• Like 2

I am adding myself to this thread in case there is a response from SWTOR.  

I had been looking at my PVP season and thinking the same thing all last week.   

Maybe there is a bonus or something along the way.  "throws hands up"

On 12/18/2022 at 4:11 PM, AlainaFlute said:

So I got the max amount of points for the week which is 1,000 points. That netted me 3 and a half levels for the season. It looks like max points for the entire season is 7,000 points. Am I reading that wrong? Because if 1,000 points nets 3 and a half level, then 7,000 points will get you to 24 and a half levels. Where do we get the other points to max out seasons??? Or am I mathing it wrong. By no means am I a math guru. Just unsure of how the point/level system is working and making sure we ALL have the opportunity to max out PVP seasons.

What you're saying makes sense, if I did the match correctly, which I am also no math guru, I reach the same conclusion as you.  7000/1000= 7 sets of 1000 needed. 1000 points= 3.5 (3 1/2) levels......7x3.5=24.5.....There are 25 levels, which means there are points missing in the math. Strange.... It's almost like they just threw this together. 

Let us assume that the season is, in fact, 7000 points.
There are 25 levels, so 1 level = 280 points
1000 points are available in a week.
1000/280 = 3.57 levels

Can we visually tell the difference on the track between 3.50 and 3.57?
(Or rather, does the seasons track display that increment?)

Edited by Crystal_Mind
clarity

3 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

Let us assume that the season is, in fact, 7000 points.

That would be the safe assumption since that is what is officially listed on the track, yes.

There are 25 levels, so 1 level = 280 points
1000 points are available in a week.
1000/280 = 3.57 levels

Can we visually tell the difference on the track between 3.50 and 3.57?

Even if it was 3.57, that still doesn't equal 25, because 7x 3.57= 24.99, which is still short of 25 since the system does not round up, it still needs an exact number of points to complete.

There are 4 boxes for each level with line indicators. Which means once you reach one of the marks/ line indicators, you'll be able to tell when you're at 3.50 3(1/2). One would assume that 3.57 would be even a tiny bit past the line. They could've easily made it a seeable gain/ bar just like the XP/ Legacy bars, but they didn't because they want it to be convoluted, just like their new score boards.

7 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

Even if it was 3.57, that still doesn't equal 25, because 7x 3.57= 24.99, which is still short of 25 since the system does not round up, it still needs an exact number of points to complete.

I truncated for brevity since calculators exist. It's 3.5714285714.... etc.

7 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

One would assume that 3.57 would be even a tiny bit past the line.

That would be an assumption, but we both know these new UI elements aren't terribly sophisticated. I'm more willing to believe that the visual indicator isn't incrementing properly than that there's a handful of points 'misplaced' on the track somewhere.

Edited by Crystal_Mind
missed a word

I truncated for brevity since calculators exist. It's 3.5714285714.... etc.

That's fair, most people truncate the math to be short and sweet.

4 minutes ago, Crystal_Mind said:

That would be an assumption, but we both know these new UI elements aren't terribly sophisticated. I'm more willing to believe that the visual indicator isn't incrementing properly than that there's a handful of points 'misplaced' on the track somewhere.

While not terribly sophisticated, they are still convoluted. If the visual indicator isn't incrementing properly then that's another serious problem with the PVP track. The Rhunuk WB wasn't completing the quest for a day or two, and looking at their history/ track record, I am willing to believe that they misplaced some points somewhere. It could be a messed up indicator, could be misplaced points, something is wrong there, that is for certain. The "why" is the tricky part.

If 1,000 points IS ONLY 3.5 levels, that means that each level is not 280 points, but rather 285.7142857142857... points.
Which would give us a season total of 7,142.857142857143... points needed to complete the track (instead of 7,000)

I sincerely doubt they coded the track with numbers like that when the displayed numbers break down perfectly. So my money's on the idea that it's just a visual bug/bad ui element.

Why? Because they ran out of time to make it pretty and shipped it as "good enough."

• Like 1

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

I wanted to jump into this thread to confirm some things for you all. As you've calculated, PvP Seasons requires 280 points for each level. Over 25 levels this gets you to (280 * 25 = 7,000) points to complete the season. Earning the maximum points in a single week (1,000) will see you progress (1,000/280 = 3.5714..) levels. There's a lot more numbers on the end there!

The PvP Seasons UI rounds values to give a visual indication of progress, and in this case it will show progress of 3.5 levels. Rest assured you'll have the ability to earn all points required to max the PvP Season! PvP Seasons last 12 weeks so players need to earn 7,000 out of the possible 12,000 points.

I hope this clears things up for you, and maybe I'll see you in the Arenas this season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, BryantWood said:

Hey everyone!

I wanted to jump into this thread to confirm some things for you all. As you've calculated, PvP Seasons requires 280 points for each level. Over 25 levels this gets you to (280 * 25 = 7,000) points to complete the season. Earning the maximum points in a single week (1,000) will see you progress (1,000/280 = 3.5714..) levels. There's a lot more numbers on the end there!

The PvP Seasons UI rounds values to give a visual indication of progress, and in this case it will show progress of 3.5 levels. Rest assured you'll have the ability to earn all points required to max the PvP Season! PvP Seasons last 12 weeks so players need to earn 7,000 out of the possible 12,000 points.

I hope this clears things up for you, and maybe I'll see you in the Arenas this season!

Thank you Mr. Wood!!

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, hillerbees said:

Certainly not very encouraging for newcomers - when you compare it to how the Galactic Conquests goals can be earned well inside the allotted timeframe.

Getting 1k points in 7 days is not really that hard. You don't even need 1k each week. With getting 600 each week you should be golden.

Edited by juanmf

Completed two of the warzone achievements while playing PvP the ones for 8 matches played and 3 wins but only had a max of 120 points after completing them should have at least a minimum of 200 points 🙁 as each of those achievements should have given 100 points each for completing 🙁

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bladestardark said:

Completed two of the warzone achievements while playing PvP the ones for 8 matches played and 3 wins but only had a max of 120 points after completing them should have at least a minimum of 200 points 🙁 as each of those achievements should have given 100 points each for completing 🙁

This happened to me, too. I completed the 3 wins and 8 medals weekly objective and got 0 points for them, only the ones from the matches themselves. The one for 8 matches played which I completed the following day awarded the 100 points just fine, though.

My only guess is completing both objectives at the same time messed up the point allocation, but I can't be sure. How was it in your case, did you complete them both with the same match as well or were there 1 or more matches in between?

4 hours ago, Ulathar said:

This happened to me, too. I completed the 3 wins and 8 medals weekly objective and got 0 points for them, only the ones from the matches themselves. The one for 8 matches played which I completed the following day awarded the 100 points just fine, though.

My only guess is completing both objectives at the same time messed up the point allocation, but I can't be sure. How was it in your case, did you complete them both with the same match as well or were there 1 or more matches in between?

I had one match in between completing them have sent of a bug report about it via the in-game reporting hopefully they will fix it. Got the points from at least one of the achievements just not sure which one did not give the points 

Edited by bladestardark