Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So 7.2 releases next week or in mid February ?!

Shinzzun

Since 7.2 did not come out this week it leaves only next week, since release on the 20th of December and then the Bioware team on the usual 6 weeks holiday hiatus(people like me that played since 2011 know exactly what this means...) is a big no no , or do you want to release (there is ALWAYS game breaking bugs on point releases) and then leave the game in broken state over the long holiday hiatus(there is a very long and sad history of this happening unfortunately) ? So... it either comes next week (which means announcement must be very soon these days) or its postponed to February ? (again people that played this game enough knows about this famous long holiday hiatus the Austin team has every year)

Edited by Shinzzun
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shinzzun said:

(people like me that played since 2010 know exactly what this means...)

I think this means you need to check your history since the game didn't launch until 2011 December.

At this point BioWare has only committed to launch 7.2 "this Winter."  I got the impression BioWare wants (wanted?) to get 7.2 on production servers before year-end holidays and agree that next week is last shot at making it happen in 2022 due to most everyone for BioWare getting 2-3 weeks off for said holiday season.  At this point I don't really care if it's next week or next February as either one falls within the winter season for the northern hemisphere.  As long as they don't provide a firm date and then 2-3 weeks later decide to push it out another 2 months...

Edited by Char_Ell

If You played this game that long then You know very well that Bioware has NEVER only had 2 to 3 weeks ever. Every single time they launched a patch before winter holiday season they always earliest fixed or answered to anything at all first week of February earliest. There is a very long and very public trail and history of exactly this.  1.1 , 2.3, 4.4 5.0, and 6.0

Edited by Shinzzun

1 minute ago, Shinzzun said:

If You played this game that long then You know very well that Bioware has NEVER only had 2 to 3 weeks ever. Every single time they launched a patch before winter holiday season they always earliest fixed or answered to anything at all first week of February earliest. There is a very long and very public trail and history of exactly this.

Just my guess.  You seem to think it's longer than that but that appears to be your guess too since you didn't provide any supporting evidence.  All BioWare's career page says is "bonus winter holiday vacation time."

Don't derail your own thread.

A lot of people that played this game since its release know that Bioware in Austin always are gone from just before xmas until early February. Nobody has to prove anything this has been repeated every year since this games release.

1 minute ago, Shinzzun said:

A lot of people that played this game since its release know that Bioware in Austin always are gone from just before xmas until early February. Nobody has to prove anything this has been repeated every year since this games release.

I hope you'll understand if I say I need more objective evidence than just your word to believe it.  If you're basing your opinion on length of time between patch release dates then I think this is flawed method.  Just because BioWare doesn't release a patch on January 5 does not necessarily mean they're not back at work.  That being said, patch notes history does indicate BioWare has released patches in January.

1.0.2 - Jan 4 2012

1.6.2 - Jan 8 2013

2.5.2 - Jan 14 2014

3.0.2 - Jan 13 2015

4.0.4 - Jan 12 2016

5.1 - Jan 23 2017

5.7 - Jan 23 2018

5.10b - Jan 15 2019

no patch release in month of January for years 2020, 2021, or 2022

32 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

I hope you'll understand if I say I need more objective evidence than just your word to believe it.  If you're basing your opinion on length of time between patch release dates then I think this is flawed method.  Just because BioWare doesn't release a patch on January 5 does not necessarily mean they're not back at work.  That being said, patch notes history does indicate BioWare has released patches in January.

1.0.2 - Jan 4 2012

1.6.2 - Jan 8 2013

2.5.2 - Jan 14 2014

3.0.2 - Jan 13 2015

4.0.4 - Jan 12 2016

5.1 - Jan 23 2017

5.7 - Jan 23 2018

5.10b - Jan 15 2019

no patch release in month of January for years 2020, 2021, or 2022

"no patch release in month of January for years 2020, 2021, or 2022"  that.. ....was.... exactly my point......

2 minutes ago, Shinzzun said:

"no patch release in month of January for years 2020, 2021, or 2022"  that.. ....was.... exactly my point......

No.  Your claimed point was (emphasis mine):

53 minutes ago, Shinzzun said:

You specifically stated it has been this way since this game released.  The facts show this is a false statement.  But apparently you have no problems with revising your own history in support of your own narrative, even if it's less than a few hours old.

As I said in another thread, the 20th of December would be cutting it way too close for an update, and leaves virtually no room for fixes, which at this point we know will happen. And them going on a break until mid January or thereabouts, means no fix until late January, early February.

If they don't push it live next week, my guess is that they will push it to early next year some time.

But if they go for the 20th, it's on them if anything goes pear shaped, and I give it a good chance of that happening given recent track record.

• Like 1

@Char_Ell You just want to argue for the sake of arguing and You totally derailed the topic of this thread which is the very very sad history of Bioware in this game and the fact if nothing come out next week , there is no 7.2 and ZERO anniversary special that they promised us for almost a year now. But i guess that was the purpose of your white knighting fanboism, and thinking that posting in green makes You somehow special 🥱

Edited by Shinzzun

2 hours ago, Shinzzun said:

@Char_Ell You just want to argue for the sake of arguing and You totally derailed the topic of this thread which is the very very sad history of Bioware in this game and the fact if nothing come out next week , there is no 7.2 and ZERO anniversary special that they promised us for almost a year now. But i guess that was the purpose of your white knighting fanboism, and thinking that posting in green makes You somehow special 🥱

I was the one that warned you about derailing the thread with your insistence that BioWare was on always year-end holiday and did not start working again until February ever since the game launched.  I simply wondered if that was right and took the time to research, only to find out that BioWare had released patches in the first 8 January's since SWTOR's launch.  I am at fault for thinking you would simply acknowledge your mistaken claim instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks.

I don't need 7.2 now to mess launcher again when finally after 1 month insane fighting with it everything works. Especially now when i have more than a month free time to play Manaan, Digging Deeper and new companion on Nar Shaddaa. For me it can be even on fall 2023. I don't care now. I just want be able play the game finally like i did in last 9 years.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

10 hours ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

7.0 hit last February on the 15th.

I could see them putting life day out on December 20th and let it run (including any additional anniversary goodies to be announced) until say through most of February (or longer) of 2023 and give us 7.2 by then.

Wouldn't that work for us?

1) Yes thats what I wrote in the OP...which is very unfortunate

2) I guess Mid February is still technically winter as March is the first spring month in the calendar.

3) 7.0 to 7.2 = "only" 1 whole year...im impressed ! /s

43 minutes ago, Trlance said:

I don't need 7.2 now to mess launcher again when finally after 1 month insane fighting with it everything works. Especially now when i have more than a month free time to play Manaan, Digging Deeper and new companion on Nar Shaddaa. For me it can be even on fall 2023. I don't care now. I just want be able play the game finally like i did in last 9 years.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

So stop the games progress for one new player....ok 😁

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.