Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I hate KotET chapter 9 with all my heart and soul, and we all know why

DonJuanTriunfant

Story on no ..  Something is messed up.  I just re-opened my old WoW account (joined my son and my granddaughter... eventually).  My gear rating WAS 180 ... level 60 and have moved on to some of the new area.  Even though I'm taking on stuff solo ... I can still survive without any companions.  NO I CAN'T jump into anything really extremely difficult headlong.  BUT as long as I pay attention I have been able to do just fine.  My rating is now over 220!

I used that illustration to show just how ridiculously gated some of the stuff from SWTOR has become.  This is not a whine ... this is factual stuff that is taking place right now!

Someone can get a clue ... or not!  I honestly don't care anymore!  GS-4 is not looking that great either!!

[/shrugs]  

(trying to be nice gets you a grave these days).

I fought her on-level on my Smuggler. I jumped out of her big AoE on to one of those floating blocks,. Only it turned out I had somehow managed to jump into thin air, and when Vaylin ported to my character, she just started falling through the void and started bouncing between two of the floating rocks. I kinda expected the fight to reset, but then I just got the popup that Vaylin is dead and the quest advanced

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2023 at 5:33 AM, MortenJessen said:

So why do you play SWTOR? YouTube --> way. There you see the story, without having to pay for it. And you can see all the available options/endings, and you dont even have to put in an effort while you watch, except drinking your preferred beverage. 

I dont understand the present generation of gamers. The slightest challenge were they can not just sit back in the chair and drink cola, but have to actually engage the keyboard and mouse, and they scream like children who did not get 2 lbs of candy for Friday cartoon evening in the television.

The effort is part of the fun, and quite frankly, not much save some select few nightmare and mastermode content can be classified as difficult in this game. All boss fights in solo and on storymode  just require you to stand in stupid, not use heal, take the cleave head on, and to go get more coffee while your companion does the hard work. So this one time BW introduces the playerbase to a fight you actually have to do your self and follow mechanisms, God have mercy on BW, because your Jesus bot or op companion is not soloing the content for you. 

I just dont get it, especially because this fight is really straight forward, easy to predict, have easy and forgiving mechanisms, that even lights up in storymode so you get a warning to avoid stupid. It takes some 6-7 minutes depending on your class, with ranged classes having a somewhat easier time. Just go kill her.

As an aside... she can easily be soloed by a level 72 in old 230 + some green and blue higher level (cant remember what it is called between 70 and 79) loot gear on story mode, so no need for BiS raidgear.

Update; It is called Outlander gear 😜

It's not just watching the Story. It's playing the Story. There is still effort to play in Story mode. Story mode is "easy", but only when you played the game often enough. When you start out it's not, even in Class Story. I remember way back when I first started. Various fights were hard, and my character dropped. Now it doesn't happen because I know more of what I'm doing. I still play Story mode because I enjoy the Story but the clickety clack of key strokes makes pleasing sounds as I interact. I can't just stand there and do nothing. I'm involved in the play.

For me and others like me, that's all we need. That's our fun. It's casual play. We don't take it so seriously. We don't want to take it so seriously. We have as much fun choosing the various dialogue choices as we do the combat. We like the imagery of the cinematics. We like to play Barbie with our characters and companions and find it cool the outfits we choose to wear in play our characters and companion wear in the cinematics. We get to be the Hero/Anti-Hero of the Galaxy and experience Star Wars for ourselves.

You do not have to understand us. We do not need your permission nor approval. If it bothers you so much that we have our fun differently than you have your fun, tough bantha pudu.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2023 at 3:48 AM, __andrea__ said:

THANK YOU!  Unlike the OP you actually imparted this amazingly useful information and I was able to defeat Vaylin on a Level 74 Character in 214 armor as a Sage. I really appreciate your help! I'd probably still be trying to fight her now if it wasn't for you. :)

Glad to help!  I wouldn't have figured it out without the YouTube video that showed me how!  This is the way. :csw_fett:

2 hours ago, akdonkey said:

So I go to the base of the stairs and back myself into the corner. She still knocks you down but you stay in that one part never getting blow off the world.

Only problem there is if you end up in the Red Zone for her big Finisher Attack, it'll kill you deader than fried chicken before you know what hit you!  So when that red circle shows up, you either run outside of it, OR you run into the smaller purple circle, which is the "Safe Attack Zone". 

It is also (probably) a result of the level increase but not doing a rebalance after the adjustment.  I know there used to be an issue on Iokath for the story mode final fight where you had to destroy a set number of walkers.  You could kill one, but even if you suicide kill them, they would respawn faster than you could respawn.  It took a few patches to get it fixed, but it got fixed.

If this is still an issue, I recommend filing a bug report.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:42 PM, ReKabNad said:

Only problem there is if you end up in the Red Zone for her big Finisher Attack, it'll kill you deader than fried chicken before you know what hit you!  So when that red circle shows up, you either run outside of it, OR you run into the smaller purple circle, which is the "Safe Attack Zone". 

So in the 45-plus times of all classes I have used this tactic, I have never died since trying this on my first run. It still may happen I have 68 alts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.