Please just get rid of roll, Operative/Scoundrels dissapear through floors...

Jarbarian

No wonder why teams with 1/2/3 Operatives/Scoundrels in PVP maps always win. (And I play this class, but I don't see it when I play, I see THEM do it).

Here's how it works. You're on a map with levels, Operative goes around the acid pool to the ramp, hits roll and you see him bounce between the top and bottom floor, a blur.  Can't hit him, can't CC him, you cannot do ANYTHING to stop him. He is out of CC breakers, nothing should interfere with a CC or even TOUCHING him.

But you can't.

Because he's a blur between the floors.  By the time he reappears (3-6 seconds later), he's already on the other side, capping the orb.  I know they get 2 seconds of immunity but here they're getting much more than 2 seconds.  Roll (1 sec), immune (2 sec), but to not see him anywhere until he's way on the other side capping? UNACCEPTABLE.

This happens anytime they are on multi level matches.  Its been going on for as long as I can remember, yet Bioware has done nothing to resolve this issue.

Can we get someone from Bioware to either fix this problem or remove roll from the game.  When you already have an 1on1 PVP class that dominates the game also being allowed to cheat to win matches, this is enough to make people want to wipe the game from their computers.

Edited by Jarbarian
  • Haha 1

• Jarbarian changed the title to Please just get rid of roll, Operative/Scoundrels dissapear through floors...
5 hours ago, Jarbarian said:

No wonder why teams with 1/2/3 Operatives/Scoundrels in PVP maps always win. (And I play this class, but I don't see it when I play, I see THEM do it).

Here's how it works. You're on a map with levels, Operative goes around the acid pool to the ramp, hits roll and you see him bounce between the top and bottom floor, a blur.  Can't hit him, can't CC him, you cannot do ANYTHING to stop him. He is out of CC breakers, nothing should interfere with a CC or even TOUCHING him.

But you can't.

Because he's a blur between the floors.  By the time he reappears (3-6 seconds later), he's already on the other side, capping the orb.  I know they get 2 seconds of immunity but here they're getting much more than 2 seconds.  Roll (1 sec), immune (2 sec), but to not see him anywhere until he's way on the other side capping? UNACCEPTABLE.

This happens anytime they are on multi level matches.  Its been going on for as long as I can remember, yet Bioware has done nothing to resolve this issue.

Can we get someone from Bioware to either fix this problem or remove roll from the game.  When you already have an 1on1 PVP class that dominates the game also being allowed to cheat to win matches, this is enough to make people want to wipe the game from their computers.

As much as I hate when people cry bugs for losing operative is pretty broken with the rubberbanding and lag. Few days ago in a huttball an operative rolled though one of the ramps and I lost 40% of mu hp without even being able to attack them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prapcaster said:

As much as I hate when people cry bugs for losing operative is pretty broken with the rubberbanding and lag. Few days ago in a huttball an operative rolled though one of the ramps and I lost 40% of mu hp without even being able to attack them.

I hear you, but I also play every class in the game.  I still think OPs are too powerful in 1v1 (well, if players are on the same level, the Op wins) but in this specific case, I know its been this way for some time and I don't understand why Bioware can't fix a simple game mechanic problem they have known about for a long time.  Either they can't fix it without removing the map (or removing roll) OR they don't care.  That's the only possible answers.

6 hours ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

Isn't one of the reason to remove ranked, that bioware no longer needs to fix/balance issues with classes because of pvp? Who cares if an operative can't be targeted? You aren't losing rating or whatever, so there's no reason to balance anything in the game for pvp.

Then why PVP? I mean honestly, it sounds lame to some but when I queue for PVP, my goal is to win the match.  Winning matches is how I get my mats so I can upgrade my gear slots.  I couldn't care about ranked simply because too many people take ranked seriously -- and well -- I have a life. It doesn't revolve around SWTOR.  But its people who come into WZs expecting to be carried OR just there to check their DPS #s that frustrate me the most.  I'm not bothered when I get tunneled in PVP, usually means we win. And winning is what counts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jarbarian said:

Then why PVP? I mean honestly, it sounds lame to some but when I queue for PVP, my goal is to win the match.  Winning matches is how I get my mats so I can upgrade my gear slots.  I couldn't care about ranked simply because too many people take ranked seriously -- and well -- I have a life. It doesn't revolve around SWTOR.  But its people who come into WZs expecting to be carried OR just there to check their DPS #s that frustrate me the most.  I'm not bothered when I get tunneled in PVP, usually means we win. And winning is what counts.

you can pvp all you want but dont expect game to be change anything because of random casual game mode that doesnt even require a subscription

13 hours ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

probably requires more effort to remove pvp than let it just rot

No I mean the free classes.  Just don't let them PVP.  That should be for paying subs.  Also, no group ranked in unranked PVP would help a lot too.