Reduce the price of dye modules & other stuff

Aaryn

The prices for the dye modules - especially for black/black and white/white are exorbitant.

1500 cartel points. They are more expensive than a whole armor set and even worse that these modules are once used, they are not even extractable.

If these modules would be producible in the game one could perhaps endure this with a blind eye but so?
Lowering the modules to 500 cartel coins should be reasonable for everyone.

Also, one could play with the idea of permanently integrating past bronze equipment and weapons into the cartel store.

Also, I personally think it would be in the interest of all dual lightsaber users that you might put as much effort into creating great looking dual lightsabers as you do for the one-handed lightsabers.
Vaylin, Thexan, Sa'har, Malgus, Kyle Ren Lightsaber now Master Orr's Lightsaber. They look all nice but if i look at the current showcase of the double bladed... its so annoying :(

On 11/19/2022 at 6:38 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Black/Deep Red often looks better than Black/Black, and it's craftable (schematic from the <Reputation Vendor> on Oricon).

The intention of the high price is to reduce the number of people using it so Impside isn't just black/black everywhere.

I think the high price is more that they know more people will buy black/black than any other colour even if it isn't something everyone will use.

When I played GW2 there were A LOT of variations of black dye. Once you unlocked a dye you had unlimited uses and the dye system in GW2 is the best in any MMO that I know of.

Very few people in GW2 will run all black even though they have access to it. I find that in MMOs where the devs give people a lot of choices for colours, few people run black on everything. When devs do not give the players a lot of colour choices people tend to gravitate to black because it is the best option and tends to hide a lot of issues mixing and matching armor.

3 hours ago, illgot said:

I think the high price is more that they know more people will buy black/black than any other colour even if it isn't something everyone will use.

It's probably a bit of both, in fact.

When I played GW2 there were A LOT of variations of black dye. Once you unlocked a dye you had unlimited uses and the dye system in GW2 is the best in any MMO that I know of.

There still are, and even more now than before, although most of them are detectably not black, and not even just a very dark grey either, being slightly blue or purple or yellow or whatever.  Curiously, the one called "Black" is probably the least dark of them all, possibly inspired by the joke T-shirts that say, "I wear black because I'm waiting for an even darker colour."

Very few people in GW2 will run all black even though they have access to it. I find that in MMOs where the devs give people a lot of choices for colours, few people run black on everything. When devs do not give the players a lot of colour choices people tend to gravitate to black because it is the best option and tends to hide a lot of issues mixing and matching armor.

SWTOR is also a little special in this regard, in that it's prone to Sithy edgelords that think that Sith have to wear all-black.  (I don't count myself among them because I prefer Black/Deep Red...)

• Like 1