Question about offsprings

bluehufsa

2 hours ago, bluehufsa said:

, which species can procreate with other species? 

Is there any mention in the Lore about children with (as an example) a human parent and a pureblood parent? Or one Chiss one human? 

STAR WARS universe has quite a few 'humanoids' , but i believe the whole purpose of  'pureblood'  specifically , by definition, is that  there's never any  cross-breeding with other species.

Not sure about  'Chiss'  rules though.

Also:  you might enjoy these very old (but very related) threads....

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: more archived links

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

STAR WARS universe has quite a few 'humanoids' , but i believe the whole purpose of  'pureblood'  specifically , by definition, is that  there's never any  cross-breeding with other species.

The lore, I believe, says that the current "pureblood" are merely "much less diluted than the general Imperial population" rather than "actually really pure-blooded".  They are, nevertheless, able to have children with humans, which is the origin of Lord Abaron's mission on Korriban.  Indeed, the lore also suggests that most of the Imperial population has some amount of PBS ancestry alongside their human ancestry.

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

The lore published on Wookieepedia for Miraluka says they are fertile with humans, but also suggests that it's a bad idea for them to do so, since the children have very poor physical (human-style) vision and weak Force (Miraluka-style) vision.

12 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The lore, I believe, says that the current "pureblood" are merely "much less diluted than the general Imperial population" rather than "actually really pure-blooded".  They are, nevertheless, able to have children with humans, which is the origin of Lord Abaron's mission on Korriban.

ahh yes, i totally forgot about that  Korriban  mission!  ( been a long time since i started a NEW toon :cool: )

i also found this  other old related thread about it--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/734199-sith-warriors-quotpurebloodquot/

OK, so we know Sith Pureblood & humans could have children. Miraluka & humans too. But is there, anywhere, any mention of Chiss? How about red-skinned Zabrak & white-skinned Zabrak? 

I'm asking because there's a topic about Chiss Sith Inquisitor - some say Kallig couldn't be a Chiss, because by the time the "modern" Chiss appeared, Kallig was long dead. 

One other inconsistency or rather discrepancy - if a white skinned Zabrak male smuggler romances Akaavi Spar, they talk about adopting children instead of having children of their own, which led me to believe the two Zabrak variations cannot concieve together. 

On 11/17/2022 at 11:00 AM, bluehufsa said:

OK, so we know Sith Pureblood & humans could have children. Miraluka & humans too. But is there, anywhere, any mention of Chiss? How about red-skinned Zabrak & white-skinned Zabrak? 

I'm asking because there's a topic about Chiss Sith Inquisitor - some say Kallig couldn't be a Chiss, because by the time the "modern" Chiss appeared, Kallig was long dead. 

One other inconsistency or rather discrepancy - if a white skinned Zabrak male smuggler romances Akaavi Spar, they talk about adopting children instead of having children of their own, which led me to believe the two Zabrak variations cannot concieve together. 

Doc says something similar to a Miraluka JK female despite them being (according to the lore) fertile together.  I think it's down to the code not taking all the combinations into account rather than anything about the lore.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Doc says something similar to a Miraluka JK female despite them being (according to the lore) fertile together.  I think it's down to the code not taking all the combinations into account rather than anything about the lore.

Maybe Doc, being a medical doctor, knew the offspring between a human and a Miraluka would be genetically inferior and talked about adopting children on purpose? 

6 hours ago, bluehufsa said:

Maybe Doc, being a medical doctor, knew the offspring between a human and a Miraluka would be genetically inferior and talked about adopting children on purpose? 

Maybe, but he says "genetic incompatibility" rather than citing the thing I cited.  I'd really hope he was capable of understanding that his lover/wife deserves more than just empty platitudes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 11:44 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Maybe, but he says "genetic incompatibility" rather than citing the thing I cited.  I'd really hope he was capable of understanding that his lover/wife deserves more than just empty platitudes.

Well.. Doc is a bit of an.. * censored word* and honestly I don't expect him to respect his Jedi wife. 

This entire thing about mixed races is a bit confusing, at least to me. 

What do we know this far : Sith Pureblood + Human = Children, Human +Miraluka = Children. But nothing about Chiss, Zabrak or Zeltron. 

• 2 weeks later...

As far as the dialogue on "adoption" I would ignore it. It comes before different species were available to both factions. You get a similar response with romancing Jorgan with a Cathar female. Which obviously DON'T have to adopt. 

I would say in a world in which the Force exists, all combinations could be made. (some would still take more effort).

Sith alchemy might help too!

I'd assume any race that's more humanoid then not would likely able to procreate. At least, to varying degrees of success. The more alien races - Cathar, Tortuga, etc likely can't though. As for Chiss specifically.. I'd assume probably? Since they were Humans before they were hit with an evolutionary bat. Maybe they're on the less successful end, maybe its all bs and Chiss just dont want people intermingling because something something something zenophobic insular society something something. Who's to say really? (Other then bioware)