Galactic Seasons 3 a totall Bust?????? ( Opinions are welcome.)

TrueJediLord

IMO ... between the anticipation and the final release... 

It reminds me of standing in a large room, blowing up a good size balloon...  holding it (admiring how it looks) ... then releasing it in the air.  Ah yes..  the exhilarating noise that follows for a few moments after only to hear that final gasp of air being released at the end !!!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

same happened to me over an hour. did an half hour rage quit, did some reading what others said,  man they need to change that wording for that mission. It was simple after someone pointed it out

Also go to different planets and the cantinas there. Don't do it on the planets that the quest takes you on. I ended up going to Taris Imperial side had two gamblers in there all to myself. Got the weekly done quicker than fighting with other people.

One thing I will say.. I'm extremely disappointed that, like Fen, PH4-LNX is a generic companion

This takes away some of my willingness to raise her influence, as not only is she like any ranged single wielder, she performs worse than Fen because he has the ability to wield 2 pistols

They did a great job with Alturr... I was kind of hoping they'd double down on making the GS comps have uniqueness to them, not do it once and then never again

I hope this won't be a permanent trend for future Ssasons..

• Like 1

Who cares about CC? Just buy them ...

The real problem is that all items, especially armor sets and weapons and boring as hell! GS1 and GS3 were at least a bit unique. Would have been a good chance to add the iniquistors lightsabers from Clone wars/Kenobi or maybe something inspired by the anime inspired mini series.

10 hours ago, denajii said:

One thing I will say.. I'm extremely disappointed that, like Fen, PH4-LNX is a generic companion

This. Honestly, I was expecting a Selkath companion or a Sand Person or something more interesting than SCORPIO-like droid. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bluehufsa said:

This. Honestly, I was expecting a Selkath companion or a Sand Person or something more interesting than SCORPIO-like droid. 

I could see the Selkath (well sort of).  Although for me personally I really don't need yet another non-interactive companion.  IMO that's kind of boring!

But for whatever it's worth the Selkath really does make a LOT more sense!!  (good move!..  great idea!!) 

23 hours ago, Gwena said:

Rewards: Meh. I was hoping for a companion with actual armor slots this season, but if they had to give us one without, I suppose a droid is an improvement as they don't wear clothes anyway. The decos look hard to use, and the armor sets are nice but nothing special. The creature mount is the only thing that really catches my eye this season. And how about some more NEW vendor rewards to spend tokens on?

The reduced CC is quite disappointing, but it would have been somewhat less disappointing if inflation wasn't such a huge issue that buying/selling of the more desirable CM items could still be done easily via the GTN. As it is, I feel that there are so many items I want that I can only buy directly with CC, so the packs are a poor substitute IMHO.

What really irks me though is that they raised the rewards' unlock costs. If they really wanted to make up for the reduced CC rewards, they'd have lowered the unlock costs. 😡

Overall I give this season a solid "meh". A downgrade from last season, though not completely useless I guess.

The actual cosmetic rewards will also vary on personal tastes on whether people like em or not.
Personally I really like the armor, the stronghold labels are very nice, and I already have some uses in mind for the decos already too. I actually prefer the gold f2p track weapons over those blue sub ones.

At the very least only 2 GS3 items are vendor now (so only 6 tokens total for the 2 mounts) instead of all those customizations for Fen Zeil last season which required a whopping 16 tokens to 100% GS2 in collections.

I don't neccesarily have an issue with lower CC from reward track, and getting a few ultimate cartel packs instead, however I don't know if I fully trust that these "free" seasons ultimate cartel packs have the same odds as normal ones for getting good stuff (probably won't matter for me anyway as I have really bad luck with cartel packs normally). Based on previous 2 seasons for the bronze/silver weapon/armor/decoration packs i noticed that many of my guildmates got the exact same decorations from those.

What really annoys me however is the insane increased costs to unlock the GS3 stuff in collections for whole account, and I am really hoping that this is a mistake BW will at least fix.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:22 AM, denajii said:

This takes away some of my willingness to raise her influence, as not only is she like any ranged single wielder, she performs worse than Fen because he has the ability to wield 2 pistols

They did a great job with Alturr... I was kind of hoping they'd double down on making the GS comps have uniqueness to them, not do it once and then never again

PH4-LNX will end up as a deco piece in my Zakuulan themed stronghold just because of the droids history.  Nothing more.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:22 AM, denajii said:

I don’t see how Alturr was unique compared to the other two. Alturr and Fen had pretty much equal amount of story building and while I can’t say for sure with Phalanx, she so far has been pretty equal.  What am I missing?

Edited by Darcmoon

6 hours ago, Darthmoriquendi said:

PH4-LNX will end up as a deco piece in my Zakuulan themed stronghold just because of the droids history.  Nothing more.

She is already a deco in my Nar Shaddaa SH, near a GEMINI deco from flashpoint and the twin Goddesses Esne & Aivela. You know what, @Darthmoriquendi? You're a genius, just gave me an idea about a droid room, maybe in a bigger SH like Alderaan or Tattooine? 

Edited by bluehufsa
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

I don’t see how Alturr was unique compared to the other two. Alturr and Fen had pretty much equal amount of story building and while I can’t say for sure with Phalanx, she so far has been pretty equal.  What am I missing?

Alturr has a unique ability across his various roles that makes him mechanically different from other companions, it applies a debuff to the target that has different effects based on his role (10% extra damage taken in all roles, taunted for tank, heals attacker for heal, and slow for DPS). Fen uses the default ranged tech set of abilities and I imagine the same is true for the new droid.

4 hours ago, The-Kaitou-Kid said:

Alturr has a unique ability across his various roles that makes him mechanically different from other companions, it applies a debuff to the target that has different effects based on his role (10% extra damage taken in all roles, taunted for tank, heals attacker for heal, and slow for DPS). Fen uses the default ranged tech set of abilities and I imagine the same is true for the new droid.

Yes, this is what I was referring to lol, I believe I didn't explain in my post well enough, but I was talking about their ability sets, not their lore and storylines

Alturr has a unique stun that also doubles as minor aoe damage, the target debuff mentioned, and a unique variant of dead eye shot which let's him use it on any enemy that the debuff was applief to, no matter what their HP threshold currently is

Fen and PH4-LNX have none of this, nothing about them is different compared to the majority of companions.. for me anyway, it makes leveling them feel a little less worth it

1 hour ago, denajii said:

Yes, this is what I was referring to lol, I believe I didn't explain in my post well enough, but I was talking about their ability sets, not their lore and storylines

Alturr has a unique stun that also doubles as minor aoe damage, the target debuff mentioned, and a unique variant of dead eye shot which let's him use it on any enemy that the debuff was applief to, no matter what their HP threshold currently is

Fen and PH4-LNX have none of this, nothing about them is different compared to the majority of companions.. for me anyway, it makes leveling them feel a little less worth it

An.  Ok.  I see what you mean.  Unfortunately, why would you have expected them to continue doing the same for following seasons?   If they made them all unique and arguably better then a lot of people would complain about their long favored companions not being good enough.   Look at HK-51.  At one point he had a pretty unique ability and they pretty much nerfed/changed it to uselessness

2 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

An.  Ok.  I see what you mean.  Unfortunately, why would you have expected them to continue doing the same for following seasons?   If they made them all unique and arguably better then a lot of people would complain about their long favored companions not being good enough.   Look at HK-51.  At one point he had a pretty unique ability and they pretty much nerfed/changed it to uselessness

Honestly, blind optimism

I understand why they didn't, but I do feel itd be much more worth it to grind out the season if they had

To be honest, even just unique animations would have been great

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 7:18 AM, Alithia said:

Who cares about CC? Just buy them ...

The real problem is that all items, especially armor sets and weapons and boring as hell! GS1 and GS3 were at least a bit unique. Would have been a good chance to add the iniquistors lightsabers from Clone wars/Kenobi or maybe something inspired by the anime inspired mini series.

I care about the CC's.  I pay for the sub and refuse to buy CC's for a cosmetic item.  I have disposable time to spend on GS to gain CC's, not disposable income to spend on CC's.

I do agree with your other sentiment though.

Well said everything I wanted to say on one of the other threads. Yes, this was started first, but it was also further down on the forums.

I really with that players would not start multiple threads on what is the same subject. However, this comment not directed at OP as he was first, or at least before the other one I posted in.