Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

It is two months and two days until the 11th Anniversary

MaximusRex

When are we going to get all that 10th Anniversary celebrating and content we were promised? 

We have gotten less content this past year than any of the nine years prior to it. 

The operation that was 6 months late had an encounter removed and doesn't have a master Mode, instead the other two modes are way over-tuned compared to prior Ops.

The story is anemic, and the Empire side just seems like a lot of random things happening with very little cohesion or consistent behavior of the characters, and the second part of Manaan totally ignores the first part.

BioWare needs to get it together.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, MaximusRex said:

When are we going to get all that 10th Anniversary celebrating and content we were promised? 

We have gotten less content this past year than any of the nine years prior to it. 

The operation that was 6 months late had an encounter removed and doesn't have a master Mode, instead the other two modes are way over-tuned compared to prior Ops.

The story is anemic, and the Empire side just seems like a lot of random things happening with very little cohesion or consistent behavior of the characters, and the second part of Manaan totally ignores the first part.

You'll get it the day they get a proper budget for this game, which is never. And don't blame Bioware, blame EA for not funding this game. 

Edited by FlameYOL
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MaximusRex said:

I had really hoped we would get more story by the holidays as was one time quoted. Not sure this will happen as we seem to keep getting setback after setback because of unwanted QoL changes, nerfs and bug fixes.

Honestly we could have done without manaan and instead focused on the actual story pertaining to Heta Kol, Malgus and Darth Nul. Manaan just seems like a waste of time other than dailies. 

I mean as slow as it is getting content, why veer off the path of the current story going on? I just don't see that much importance with manaan's story.

6 minutes ago, Darthmoriquendi said:

Manaan just seems like a waste of time other than dailies. 

I mean as slow as it is getting content, why veer off the path of the current story going on? I just don't see that much importance with manaan's story.

Manaan 'invasion zone' is actually starting grow on me tbh .  Although, as usual  they could've made things even cooler by  letting us drive/pilot the submarine underwater to travel from  area to area manually. (instead the boring auto-pilot for 1 second then fade-to-black then magically teleport landed :rolleyes:)

As for why content (story) is so slow:  It's not really BioWare's fault necessarily.  EA = who's really in-charge and they have little to no reason anymore to "invest" into significant SWTOR development  when they see all they have to do is continue  Cartel Market re-skin$  x infinity for the  Free-To-Payers.

There might be some hope for  7.2  though, since apparently it's gonna be all about PVP and....*drum roll*....CRAFTING! :ph_great_update:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Manaan 'invasion zone' is actually starting grow on me tbh .  Although, as usual  they could've made things even cooler by  letting us drive/pilot the submarine underwater to travel from  area to area manually. (instead the boring auto-pilot for 1 second then fade-to-black then magically teleport landed :rolleyes:)

As for why content (story) is so slow:  It's not really BioWare's fault necessarily.  EA = who's really in-charge and they have little to no reason anymore to "invest" into significant SWTOR development  when they see all they have to do is continue  Cartel Market re-skin$  x infinity for the  Free-To-Payers.

There might be some hope for  7.2  though, since apparently it's gonna be all about PVP and....*drum roll*....CRAFTING! :ph_great_update:

It will be quite interesting to see whst they do to crafting. I'm holding my breath on that one.

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

On 10/19/2022 at 1:00 AM, Nee-Elder said:

I actually quite liked the storyline in Manaan Invasion Zone, some pretty interesting choices can be made there and I enjoy the story of subterfuge over total warfare. It was interesting.

I was really hoping BW/EA would turn it around, and with 7.0 they actually took stuff away and made it worse than before a lot of aspects of the game and UI.

Having access to one of the BIGGEST IPs in history, could be printing money with this game if they actually gave two stones about the game. Instead, an MMO Star Wars game is being wasted. I'm honestly not mad, just extremely disappointed.

I now pretty much equate any SWTOR update announcements with what a lemon lot car salesman does. Overhype and extremely underdeliver.

On 10/19/2022 at 5:18 AM, Darthmoriquendi said:

It will be quite interesting to see whst they do to crafting. I'm holding my breath on that one.

A series of rushed, half-baked implementations, a 'modernized' UI that will likely have a handful of bugs that last 3 or 4 patches (so like a year and a half) while the remaining players left grow to accept the faults of the new look and functions, an increase in required mats per item that happens to coincide with a method either old or new to gather easier (but suspiciously leaves us with needing to farm a tiny bit more still), the accidental wiping out of an entire section of schematics players already know but have to pester support to get back, augs that also now open up slots for CM-only tunings. Idk, I'm probably putting more thought into it than what we'll actually get, but its fun to vomit out bad ideas and see how it managed to get one upped.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 8:14 PM, FlameYOL said:

You'll get it the day they get a proper budget for this game, which is never. And don't blame Bioware, blame EA for not funding this game. 

yeah that is true and by now Bioware should sell their interest of this game to someone who is making billions and will help this game thrive more. i doubt Lucas Film will show interest of this Online game also. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.