Changes coming to Galactic Seasons reputation tracks

BryantWood

• Dev Post

Hello members of the Shadow Syndicate!

I wanted to share some more information around how Fen Zeil and the Shadow Syndicate reputation will work once Galactic Season 3 is live.

Obtaining Syndicate Plans after Galactic Season 3 starts
Previously we announced that Shadow Syndicate Plans would continue to drop until the start of Galactic Season 3, as long as players hadn’t completed the Shadow Syndicate reputation. When Galactic Season 3 starts, these plans will still be available but we will be adding an additional requirement for obtaining them.

With Galactic Season 3, Shadow Syndicate Plans will drop from mobs around the galaxy for players who

• Have not maxed out the Shadow Syndicate reputation track
  • Have Fen Zeil as an active companion

This additional requirement will prevent issues of players trying to increase the reputation of past Galactic Seasons while a new season is running. Please note that Syndicate Plans will no longer be obtainable from group content, as these will instead drop items related to the new Galactic Season.

We intend to use this structure going forward so players always have an opportunity to complete the Galactic Seasons reputation tracks.

May the Shadow guide you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BryantWood said:

With Galactic Season 3, Shadow Syndicate Plans will drop from mobs around the galaxy for players who

So it's a nope for players who weren't around during the previous season then and didn't get Fen Zeil ? 

Shame. I liked those titles.

But this begs the question then, are there any plans to make Fen obtainable later down the road so you don't lock out new players out of titles and content forever ? And I mean... Not with the CM. I am already paying more than my fair share of sub time, I would like to not be incentivized to spend more real money to access actual content. :( 

11 minutes ago, supertimtaf said:

So it's a nope for players who weren't around during the previous season then and didn't get Fen Zeil ? 

It's slightly pointless in such a case, because the rep doesn't do anything useful if you don't have the companion.

One thing's for sure, though.  All four(1) of my accounts will be doing *some* adventuring with FZ to gather more plans.

(1) A short story involving four PCs and a wish to create a vanity guild without bothering other players.  As a result, <Bande d'Incapables>(2) was born.

(2) French, meaning roughly <Bunch of Incompetents>.  The name has attracted a number of "love your guild name" type comments.

Little Proposal:
I tried to farm these after GS2 concluded and after using one of these jawa intels item and getting like 10 Plans in the runtime of this item i stopped doing it because its way to grindy. So i hoped the drop chances get increased or an additional way of getting these gets introduced. My Proposal would be to use the already existing CM decoration of the slot machine and take it out of the CM and into the stock of one of the Cartelcertificate traders where you can buy it and it gives when using the special Kingpin chips on it, the stuff it gives now i.E. Reputation for CM faction, these rare speeders (which i would complain if they dropped more often) and the Syndikate plan which you then can turn in with syndikate npc on nar shadda. Also as one other person mentioned in this thread this change youre making excludes a large portion of the people would actually want to farm these plans, who didn't play in the original season.

24 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

It's slightly pointless in such a case, because the rep doesn't do anything useful if you don't have the companion.

Oh I know, I'm mainly thinking about the legacy titles tbh. Swtor is probably the mmo with some of the best titles around, and it's a shame if new players cannot earn them
That's about it :p

Hence my question about making the companion available down the road, without locking it behind a paywall other than a subscription

And thanks for the translation, though I am french as well :rak_03:

Edited by supertimtaf
funny tidbit at the end

The only thing I don't like about this is that new players, who didn't get Fen Zeil, will always have an unavailable reputation. This won't affect me, but I'm a completionist and if I were a new player, I would be annoyed having one reputation I can't gain any progress with. I guess it's just cosmetic, but one thing you could do is hide this reputation unless a player has points in it. It's a small change, but it would enable new players to have the satisfaction of a maxed out reputation screen.

3 hours ago, supertimtaf said:

Shame. I liked those titles.

But this begs the question then, are there any plans to make Fen obtainable later down the road so you don't lock out new players out of titles and content forever ? And I mean... Not with the CM. I am already paying more than my fair share of sub time, I would like to not be incentivized to spend more real money to access actual content. :( 

hopefully we will see all the companions for sale on the GS vender.

6 hours ago, BryantWood said:

I wanted to share some more information around how Fen Zeil and the Shadow Syndicate reputation will work once Galactic Season 3 is live.

Previously we announced that Shadow Syndicate Plans would continue to drop until the start of Galactic Season 3, as long as players hadn’t completed the Shadow Syndicate reputation. When Galactic Season 3 starts, these plans will still be available but we will be adding an additional requirement for obtaining them.

This additional requirement will prevent issues of players trying to increase the reputation of past Galactic Seasons while a new season is running. Please note that Syndicate Plans will no longer be obtainable from group content, as these will instead drop items related to the new Galactic Season.

We intend to use this structure going forward so players always have an opportunity to complete the Galactic Seasons reputation tracks.

So, as great as this is for those players who haven't finished the Shadow Syndicate reputation track, I do have to ask, since we will still be able earn the Syndicate Plans/Syndicate reputation, are there any plans allow players to earn the "The Shadow of the Underworld" achievement (With the Fen Zeil Outlaw Customization)? As it is now, apart from the legacy titles, there isn't much of a reason to finish the rep track, there is no reputation vendor for the Shadow Syndicate, and as of 7.1, the "The Shadow of the Underworld" achievement is unearnable.

On 10/17/2022 at 1:16 PM, BryantWood said:

With GS3 delayed until tomorrow, and with this change coming, is there any chance you might tweak the requirements for the "One with the Shadows" achievement, so that any consumed and earned reputation acquired counts towards the requirement for the achievement?

That way, players who might have every other achievement from Galactic Season 2, except for that one, can still earn it, and earn the "The Shadow of the Underworld" achievement. I mean, this achievement and the legacy titles, there isn't much of a reason to finish the rep track, there is no reputation vendor for the Shadow Syndicate. Just a suggestion, that I hope you will listen to!

PS. And maybe the same could be done for those who don't have the Season Objective Master Achievement for GS2? Since I get the feeling a lot of the Weekly Objectives will be the same.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:16 PM, BryantWood said:

and what about the changes on season rewards? first 2 seasons had 4k CC available, and account unlocking costs for seasonal rewards were 10 CC, but this season only 1.6k CC is available from rewards but you raised account unlocking! companion costs 150 CC and rest of the season rewards cost 60 CC??