Why is GSF not what PVE in space is?

Enki

6 hours ago, Enki said:

PVE in space for this game is a terrible on rails minigame.
Why is GSF not what the PVE missions are also?
I feel the devs totally dropped the ball here. 
Jump to Lightspeed anyone?

See my forum sig below yet? (hint: 'fix GSF' hyperlink ) :D

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: preachin' to the choir
  • Like 1

At a guess? They can't get mobs to work right. They would need to have mobs that not only path but react to the player. SWTOR doesn't have that even for just x,y coordinates; there's basically no way they could do it for x,y,z without spending a substantial amount of time/money on it, and that's if they could even get it to work. I doubt they would do something like that just for GSF. 

• Like 2

Im with Dath on this one, Space and Ground PVE Mobs have very basic thought processes. go here attack using this combination of abilities. Say this at various moments or health levels and so on

GSF is an ENTIRELY different animal by orders of magnitude. its a highly dynamic environment where in order for the match to be anything more than the on the rails experience we allready have youd need to program the enemy pilot mobs to be able to react to think and to do so in 3 dimensions. that is a VERY complex set of variable to program and this presumes you only want them in basic T1 strikes and scouts and bombers much less gunships and other types which is a whole mess of variables in and of itself

otherwise, you basically would end up with a Hollywood style action sequence where the enemy pilots fly in circles come at you straight on and only occasionally dodge the first missile tossed at them

31 minutes ago, catsi said:

otherwise, you basically would end up with a Hollywood style action sequence where the enemy pilots fly in circles come at you straight on and only occasionally dodge the first missile tossed at them

Still would be more  fun & dynamic (especially with a player co-pilot or co-gunner) than  current  'space ON RAILS'  version. :(

p.s.  If  SOE  (and my former colleagues at SWGEmu)  can design  'space ai'  code good enough for  JTL , then surely  EAWare can muster up the fund$  for a mere single cycle of development. :ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: never tell me "the odds" !!!!
  • Like 1