Add companion conversations with class and story companions every month for subscribers

Markus_Kekero

I would love for each companion to have more agency and for each of them to get more screen time. like I'd love if they let subscribers get monthly companion updates expanding on a companions story and character. it seems the only companions that matter story wise now are Lana and Theron and I think that's a SAD state of affairs. also maybe reintroduce unique companion abilities but only after a certain level of influence

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I'd love for BioWare to have enough budget to be able to afford to produce those updates...

they should considering how many subs the game has VA's and Writers are typically much cheaper than Game Devs so this would be a really really cheap way to add content to the game.

18 hours ago, Markus_Kekero said:

I would love for each companion to have more agency and for each of them to get more screen time. like I'd love if they let subscribers get monthly companion updates expanding on a companions story and character. it seems the only companions that matter story wise now are Lana and Theron and I think that's a SAD state of affairs. also maybe reintroduce unique companion abilities but only after a certain level of influence

I wish this was the case, but bioware is struggling just getting us story content. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, Markus_Kekero said:

they should considering how many subs the game has VA's and Writers are typically much cheaper than Game Devs so this would be a really really cheap way to add content to the game.

If you think that then you really have no idea how development of the game works, its not easy or cheap to get story content out. Least of all monthly.

3 hours ago, Addictress said:

As others said, this is a pie in the sky.

Though I wholeheartedly wish this could happen.

hmm,  if only we could combine the sentiment in this thread  with  the idea (from SWG) i mentioned in that other thread: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925128-short-story-contest/#comment-9722104  ....  In other words:  give PLAYERS the option to  personalize/script  their own companion-continuation stories & dialogs!  (once the inherent game code versions have run out)

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

hmm,  if only we could combine the sentiment in this thread  with  the idea (from SWG) i mentioned in that other thread: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925128-short-story-contest/#comment-9722104  ....  In other words:  give PLAYERS the option to  personalize/script  their own companion-continuation stories & dialogs!  (once the inherent game code versions have run out)

Oh wut, what does SWG stand for? That's a pretty radical. The voice acting and animations wouldn't be able to link up - I mean at that point it's just a text adventure quest? I definitely like voice acting and animations so I think that scripted quests would be it.

There's virtually no chance of constant updates for companion stories. Your best bet would be something repeatable daily, which doesn't change, but which allows you to constantly interact with your companions once their story arcs are over. It's still unlikely that you'd get even this, but this would be much more achievable than a load of regular new content.

On 10/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Markus_Kekero said:

Except that "BioWare" is just a tentacle of Electronic Arts, and EA decides (or at least strongly influences) their budget.