Hyde and Zeek Gear Binding Rules

Mar_Komus

The raw gear that you buy says, "Bound to Legacy," but I can't put any of it in my legacy storage. Please correct this so that other characters don't have to grind for hours on days to be able to get Hyde and Zeek gear. Or, possibly, make Hyde and Zeek an account-wide unlock for x amount of credits or x amount of cartel coins. I just found out the hard way I can't have one character construct, say, a lightsaber with H&Z gear and pass it through the legacy vault. On the other hand, I was able to pass some modded armor through.

Hyde and Zeek gear, as a lot of the gear, has a 2 hour cool-down period in which you can "regret the purchase" and return it. After it, you can put in your vault.

Now, these are armorings and mods and etc. If you stick them inside Legacy Bound shells, they're ready to go asap. 

Also possible that the lightsaber you chose isn't legacy bound, in which case, you wouldn't be able to pass the gear on. But you can still rip the stuff in it and put in some legacy-bound ones. 

Edited by AdsAillard

On 10/4/2022 at 11:19 PM, AdsAillard said:

Hyde and Zeek gear, as a lot of the gear, has a 2 hour cool-down period in which you can "regret the purchase" and return it. After it, you can put in your vault.

Now, these are armorings and mods and etc. If you stick them inside Legacy Bound shells, they're ready to go asap. 

Also possible that the lightsaber you chose isn't legacy bound, in which case, you wouldn't be able to pass the gear on. But you can still rip the stuff in it and put in some legacy-bound ones. 

I see what you're saying and, indeed, the lightsaber was not, "binds to legacy," but, "binds on equip" (even though it was recovered from Collections and is unlocked for all characters). I missed that detail. Be that as it may, it should be that if it's unlocked account-wide, it should be transferrable.

The armor I used is, "Bound to Legacy." So that makes sense.

There should be an option to confirm that you would like to "void your warranty," as it were, and move pieces into the Legacy Stronghold Storage. "If you move this item into your Legacy Stronghold Storage, you will not be able to refund it later. Do you wish to continue?"

As DeannaVoyager said, it can always be mailed, so probably we won't see devs take this one up.

Oh, well.

14 hours ago, Mar_Komus said:

I see what you're saying and, indeed, the lightsaber was not, "binds to legacy," but, "binds on equip" (even though it was recovered from Collections and is unlocked for all characters). I missed that detail. Be that as it may, it should be that if it's unlocked account-wide, it should be transferrable.

I mean, I don't disagree with that in principle. However, it's not how it works (in general), so, at least we know it isn't something that is broken this time!

On 10/11/2022 at 10:41 AM, Mar_Komus said:

Be that as it may, it should be that if it's unlocked account-wide, it should be transferrable.

It would have to be bound to legacy to be transferrable. If they made Cartel Market items bound to legacy, people would never have to pay for account unlocks. I understand your sentiment, but this is the way things need to be to avoid exploits (we saw this with crystals many years ago).  Fortunately, we have weapon slots on outfitter now and should have received plenty of BoL weapons we can use to move things without having to worry about what they look like. 

• 1 month later...