Min Level Cap for Guild invites

LocoLoqoz

5 hours ago, LocoLoqoz said:

You make good points. But are coming to the conversation with no solutions other wise. 🤷‍♂️

This statement assumes that the thing is actually a problem (dubious) that needs solving (subjective, and I feel that it doesn't)(1)

See this is a valid point and strongly agree with it. It deters the spam invites while forcing the guilds to show that actually care about their new members for a change. The only draw back I see to this, is new players getting bombarded with whispers from guild recruiters begging for the player to toggle their ignore guild invites off. But of course ignore player is there for a reason. But still... can live with a that as a better alternative.

Still sounds like punishing the innocent for the putative sins of the guilty.

(1) The ninja-invitees should take responsibility for their own actions - it is the ninja-invite guild's fault that the invitation was spammed, but the invitee's fault that the invitation was accepted.

As soon as a new player joins a guild, they start benefitting from the guild bonuses and perks. Once again, the current system is fine. There should never be a level requirement to join a guild unless the guild sets that as its own requirement. Don't recruit noobs if you don't think it's right. Other guilds can do whatever they see fit to do. I always wonder whenever I see topics like this if this is one of those bigger guilds that just can't quite win an invasion in Conquest because of a mega-guild that recruits on starter planets. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BRKMSN said:

As soon as a new player joins a guild, they start benefitting from the guild bonuses and perks. Once again, the current system is fine. There should never be a level requirement to join a guild unless the guild sets that as its own requirement. Don't recruit noobs if you don't think it's right. Other guilds can do whatever they see fit to do. I always wonder whenever I see topics like this if this is one of those bigger guilds that just can't quite win an invasion in Conquest because of a mega-guild that recruits on starter planets. 

You're not paying attention to the conversation. Even you made valid points why the lvl cap should not be so.

Instead it seems the consensus is leaning more towards defaulting the ignore invite instead. people are presenting valid point why this would work much better. 

1 hour ago, LocoLoqoz said:

You're not paying attention to the conversation. Even you made valid points why the lvl cap should not be so.

Instead it seems the consensus is leaning more towards defaulting the ignore invite instead. people are presenting valid point why this would work much better. 

How is inviting new players even a bad thing to begin with?

I'm paying attention. I, like others, am just curious what the motivating factor is behind this request. Guilds that invite new players on starter planets know that some of these players are completely new. If a player accepts the invite, that player may have questions about the game that guild members can answer.  The guild should expect this because of their recruiting method. 

You stated:

For one the guild blind invites are ridiculous and overly spammy. New players have no idea what they are getting into. Blind invites from guilds are the first sign that the guild is toxic and there is a horrid habit of Guilds are trying to sniper invite new coming characters, before they even have a chance to toggle that ignore invite off. Also new players have no idea of the toggle ignore guild invites. 

In addition once a character reaches lvl 10 they should get a notification explaining what guilds are and provided the options to always ignore guild invites or leave themselves open to bombardment of invites from guilds. The guilds the do the spam invites don't care about your boundaries. And I've heard about the nightmares players go through dealing with those kind of guilds. it's shady and needs to stop. 

Addressing each point:

Blind invites can happen at any level if you are not in a guild and don't have "ignore guild invites" enabled. Level caps won't stop this or help.

New players may not know anything about certain guilds, but pretty much anybody that can read a popup and click accept understands what joining a guild means. 

Guilds that blindly invite un-guilded players are probably less picky than those that don't, but they are trying to grow which is what guilds are supposed to do. I don't see how this is an indicator of toxicity.

I seriously doubt guilds are racing to entice new players before they can learn about the "ignore invites" feature.

There's probably an extremely small percentage of players that would have no idea there's a feature to ignore various types of invites. Anybody that has played any other social game before would know to look for such a feature if they find a particular thing to be annoying.

Who doesn't know what guilds are? This doesn't need to be explained in a popup.

Finally, what nightmares are players experiencing here?

So whenever I find a topic like this, I always wonder what motivated the OP to make their suggestion. Often, it turns out to be a lesser guild trying to handicap a more successful guild that employs different recruiting tactics. More specifically, it is usually because of Conquest. 

I wouldn't make a level cap nor would I default any "ignore feature" to "on" at the beginning. 

They could make the confirmation message upon joining more helpful by explaining that you can leave a guild later by typing: /gquit. Everything else is self explanatory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRKMSN said:

I'm paying attention. I, like others, am just curious what the motivating factor is behind this request. Guilds that invite new players on starter planets know that some of these players are completely new. If a player accepts the invite, that player may have questions about the game that guild members can answer.  The guild should expect this because of their recruiting method. 

You stated:

Addressing each point:

Blind invites can happen at any level if you are not in a guild and don't have "ignore guild invites" enabled. Level caps won't stop this or help.

New players may not know anything about certain guilds, but pretty much anybody that can read a popup and click accept understands what joining a guild means. 

Guilds that blindly invite un-guilded players are probably less picky than those that don't, but they are trying to grow which is what guilds are supposed to do. I don't see how this is an indicator of toxicity.

I seriously doubt guilds are racing to entice new players before they can learn about the "ignore invites" feature.

There's probably an extremely small percentage of players that would have no idea there's a feature to ignore various types of invites. Anybody that has played any other social game before would know to look for such a feature if they find a particular thing to be annoying.

Who doesn't know what guilds are? This doesn't need to be explained in a popup.

Finally, what nightmares are players experiencing here?

So whenever I find a topic like this, I always wonder what motivated the OP to make their suggestion. Often, it turns out to be a lesser guild trying to handicap a more successful guild that employs different recruiting tactics. More specifically, it is usually because of Conquest. 

I wouldn't make a level cap nor would I default any "ignore feature" to "on" at the beginning. 

They could make the confirmation message upon joining more helpful by explaining that you can leave a guild later by typing: /gquit. Everything else is self explanatory.

I'm a solo player. I've been playing the game, making characters deleting them and recreating them. mostly trying to figure out what combat style works for me.

It took me months to learn of the of the toggle ignore. In that time and experience. Guilds who blind/ninja/snipe invite only show that they do not care about the quality of the player. they only care about numbers. I even genuinely asked a guild owner about it, because they were bragging about gaining 250 members on the daily like they were earning money off of them. When I asked "Is every one just a number to you?" he didn't even answer. He just got defensive cursed me out blocked me and kicked me from the guild. 

It doesn't stop there. I read numerous stories in the Gen chat from former guild officers sharing their horror stories of Guilds blind inviting. Expected to meet a quota, taxing all members resources. Guild owners villainizing any one who stands up to it even go as far as to rob the whole guild bank blind, once they have too many members retaliating to their antics.  

Along with that. Majority of character's I create get a blind invite before I can even get to the opening cutscene. And when I do have the toggle ignore invite on. I am instead getting spammed whispers from the very guild recruiters who do the blind invite in the first place. Begging me to toggle it off so they give me the invite again. 

These are behaviors that lead me to believe it is the first sign a guild is toxic. IT all leaves me to think about "what if this was a new player to the game?"

My first thought was maybe there should be a min lvl cap. But after the feed back. Other suggestion sound way better than mine. So I'm no longer stuck on the said lvl cap any more. But I do believe there need to be deterrent for the unneeded stress of shady guilds like this. 

So I am not part of any guild. I care about player rights. I want to play the game in peace. Maybe some day I will join a guild. But if I do. I want to know that I'm valued part of their team, not a number. The blind invites are getting old and very disrespectful, as well as rude. 

change my mind. 

you want to know the motivation behind this post. Well there it is.

Edited by LocoLoqoz

I'm a solo player. I've been playing the game, making characters deleting them and recreating them. mostly trying to figure out what combat style works for me.

It took me months to learn of the of the toggle ignore. In that time and experience. Guilds who blind/ninja/snipe invite only show that they do not care about the quality of the player. they only care about numbers. I even genuinely asked a guild owner about it, because they were bragging about gaining 250 members on the daily like they were earning money off of them. When I asked "Is every one just a number to you?" he didn't even answer. He just got defensive cursed me out blocked me and kicked me from the guild. 

It doesn't stop there. I read numerous stories in the Gen chat from former guild officers sharing their horror stories of Guilds blind inviting. Expected to meet a quota, taxing all members resources. Guild owners villainizing any one who stands up to it even go as far as to rob the whole guild bank blind, once they have too many members retaliating to their antics.  

Along with that. Majority of character's I create get a blind invite before I can even get to the opening cutscene. And when I do have the toggle ignore invite on. I am instead getting spammed whispers from the very guild recruiters who do the blind invite in the first place. Begging me to toggle it off so they give me the invite again. 

These are behaviors that lead me to believe it is the first sign a guild is toxic. IT all leaves me to think about "what if this was a new player to the game?"

My first thought was maybe there should be a min lvl cap. But after the feed back. Other suggestion sound way better than mine. So I'm no longer stuck on the said lvl cap any more. But I do believe there need to be deterrent for the unneeded stress of shady guilds like this. 

So I am not part of any guild. I care about player rights. I want to play the game in peace. Maybe some day I will join a guild. But if I do. I want to know that I'm valued part of their team, not a number. The blind invites are getting old and very disrespectful, as well as rude. 

change my mind. 

you want to know the motivation behind this post. Well there it is.

Thank you for your explanation. 

I, too, am a solo player. I have about 85 characters on the two US servers I can honestly say that I have never experienced any nightmares regarding guilds. On one server, about 3 or 4 years ago, I had some relatives that were getting into the game so we created an Imp guild and a Pub guild on that server. I also created a F2P account on that server to help with guild things like "self-invites." I do recommend that you create your own guild so you won't feel bothered by whisper invites. On the server where I haven't created a guild, none of my characters are in a guild and I don't have ignore invites enabled. I simply decline the invites as they happen and if someone follows up with a whisper invite, I don't bother responding. Nobody is mad or offended and I keep doing whatever it is I am doing. It's a pretty nightmare free approach. 

Some of your response is just general guild criticism and has really nothing to do with invites. That's another reason why you should consider asking a couple people to help you make a private guild. You'll also be able to invade planets (if you purchase a guild ship) and earn more rewards from conquest. My advice, though, when it comes to getting guild invites one way or another, simply don't waste your time if you have no interest. 

On 10/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, LocoLoqoz said:

I feel new Characters should not receive guild invites till they've reached at least lvl 10. 

For one the guild blind invites are ridiculous and overly spammy. New players have no idea what they are getting into. Blind invites from guilds are the first sign that the guild is toxic and there is a horrid habit of Guilds are trying to sniper invite new coming characters, before they even have a chance to toggle that ignore invite off. Also new players have no idea of the toggle ignore guild invites. 

In addition once a character reaches lvl 10 they should get a notification explaining what guilds are and provided the options to always ignore guild invites or leave themselves open to bombardment of invites from guilds. The guilds the do the spam invites don't care about your boundaries. And I've heard about the nightmares players go through dealing with those kind of guilds. it's shady and needs to stop. 

That said this the best idea I have to keep it all in good moderation.

Sorry, but I disagree. When many players make new characters they want the guild XP perk even from level 1-10. I know I refuse to level any of my alts, until they get a guild invite to my current guilds because I want that XP boost.

If you do not want to get guild invites, you do realize you have the option to auto decline guild invites right? Go to Preferences>Social, and make sure to check Auto-ignore Guild invites. If you want to get an invite later you'll need to uncheck it at that time.

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

Sorry, but I disagree. When many players make new characters they want the guild XP perk even from level 1-10. I know I refuse to level any of my alts, until they get a guild invite to my current guilds because I want that XP boost.

If you do not want to get guild invites, you do realize you have the option to auto decline guild invites right? Go to Preferences>Social, and make sure to check Auto-ignore Guild invites. If you want to get an invite later you'll need to uncheck it at that time.

You're late to the party guy. read the whole thread