Anything new on the DvL system front?

DarthCasus

Since the removal of the improvements to the DvL system and the ability to gain the tokens, it seems all of the added luster has been taken out of the system entirely but were stated to be eventually replaced or added back in at a later time. Well, its been 7 months and progressing in the old system has been discouraging and uninteresting. Also waiting to hear word of what's supposed to be replacing the selection widget and for the old bosses to be re-added but I'm not holding my breath since there are understandably more pressing matters, but still.

This leaves us with the other issue at hand: Dark Side appearances. Could it be allowed that if a character has touched Dark Side V, they can use the different stages even as a Light sider? Or make it another legacy perk tied to achievements?

I'd like to see DvL be turned into an event like Gree or Pirate Incursion, something that happens a few times a year with some weeklies or dailies to earn tokens. Maybe if your side wins, your weeklies/dailies give double tokens, but even if your side loses you can still get a few tokens. It would be a two-week event. The first week would be battling to see the winner. The second week, players on the winning side would get to enjoy double tokens and maybe some other interesting reward. Maybe the winning side gets a special flair only available during the second week.

I think the problem with the old system was that it was always available, so everyone quickly saw everything and got everything they wanted with tokens. Then there was no interest in it. If it was only a few times a year, more players would be interested in trying to win with their side. Of course, the rewards have to be good too. In addition to the items bought with tokens, it would be good to have temporary rewards, maybe bonus xp and credits from missions for leveling and bonus tech fragments for endgame players (25% bonus to each of these).

With how they changed how you earn armor and not completing the system with 7.0 and so many other things they dropped the ball with 7.0. I bet a new Dark versus Light event won't happen for many years. The old system was good maybe the best of any MMO. Someone altered it to slow progression to a crawl. They tell us to give it time they will show us their vision. They have too much to even look into recreating that now.