Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Voss heroics on PUB side desperately need to be tuned down

SoonerJBD

The Voss heroics on Pub side take far longer and offer no better reward than the Imp side ones, and there is no excuse for that whatsoever. I had been farming Voss heroics for daily resource matrix on a couple of Imp toons. Tried to do the same on Pub side, and it is night and day. All of them (except for Trial of the First, which is identical) take far longer, even when you factor in stealth, and “Not Afraid Enough” is virtually impossible to solo on some classes without dying repeatedly. You are forced to take on 4-5 elites after destroying a couple of the machines. You have two fight three champions in that one as well along with 10 strongs and 10 elites. It takes forever and the masses of elites can be lethal since companions have been needed into oblivion now. Why are these missions so much more difficult than the Imp side ones?

There are some heroic almost nobody does, because they ain't worth the time and effort you have to put in.

If they would increase the reward for the harder ones this wouldnt be a thing - but thats to complicated obviously.

There are some heroic almost nobody does, because they ain't worth the time and effort you have to put in.

If they would increase the reward for the harder ones this wouldnt be a thing - but thats to complicated obviously.

So very true! On Tattooine, the pubside heroic "A Jawa's Comcern" is incredibly long and arduous. Just trying to find the missing Padawan in the first step can be a pain in the keister.

heroics on Makeb. Did them once to get the Hero of the Galaxy achievement/title.

Once in a blue moon I'll venture them again. But very rarely.

The area you mentioned I'll usually take my chars in once to get the codex entry for the mowvarr I think it is called). I remember it being a very big pain before they made datacrons (except for matrix) legacy-wide to get that datacron for non-stealth toons.:(

Voss pubside heroics have always been like that. The bonus series is also significantly more challenging pubside than for imps, particularly the area with the Sith ship.

Generally I prefer to do heroics impside. As others have said, Balmorra and Taris are better for pubs, as is Belsavis. Avoid Corellia, Voss, NS, and Tat. Both factions should avoid Alderaan, although I think it's slightly worse pubside.

Or (and I understand this is a radical position) do the Heroic with another player as intended?

Its the same. Of course you can do a Voss heroic faster with two players . But you could also do 3 Balmorra heroics faster in the same time. So why should 2 players do one instead of three?

Add 10 DRM to the weekly, that would balance it some. You could even make the "Dailies" worth 5 DRM instead of 3. Everything from Voss on up should have a better payout.

Maybe. I think it's similar to the Star Fortresses. presently the weekly isn't enough to convince me to do them. If it were worth as much as unranked achiever (and if unranked achiever wasn't bugged) then maybe. But even then I probably wouldn't do it because they're such a pain to get through. Certain missions are like that. I don't want to suggest lowering the difficulty because few things are hard in this game as it is. But I do wonder how many players run those missions on a regular basis, Voss pubside heroics or Star Fortress Weeklies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.