Locked and Loaded Package not upgradeable beyond 330

Toraak

One workaround I have found is that if you buy a 326 version of L&L, the other upgrades appear on the vendor (including those you can't afford at that time, like 334), and pre-existing versions of the implants can be updated [tested with pre-existing 328 which is now at 330]. The redundant 326 can then be refunded. Edited by Skarkdahn

One workaround I have found is that if you buy a 326 version of L&L, the other upgrades appear on the vendor (including those you can't afford at that time, like 334), and pre-existing versions of the implants can be updated [tested with pre-existing 328 which is now at 330]. The redundant 326 can then be refunded.

This is not a workaround. You cannot upgrade L&L past 330. You should be able to get it to 334. This was an issue on PTS and reported weeks ago and it wasn't fixed. sad.

This is not a workaround. You cannot upgrade L&L past 330. You should be able to get it to 334. This was an issue on PTS and reported weeks ago and it wasn't fixed. sad.

Are you sure you cannot upgrade to 332? This supposed workaround definitely does make it show the full set of L&L at all item ratings, but as I spent all my tech frags on getting Tactician Package to 334 today, I can't test this step for myself yet.

Hey all, thank you for this report!

This is indeed a bug that is impacting the Mini Shield and Locked and Loaded Legendary Implants. We'll target for a fix to be up next release so you can continue to upgrade!

Do you mean 7.2 with "next release"?

Or could we expect a fix in 2022?

One workaround I have found is that if you buy a 326 version of L&L, the other upgrades appear on the vendor (including those you can't afford at that time, like 334), and pre-existing versions of the implants can be updated [tested with pre-existing 328 which is now at 330]. The redundant 326 can then be refunded.

This is definitely a workaround. I found I can buy the 332 version of the L&L once you purchase the 326 version 1st, then you can instantly purchase the 332 or 334 from the vendor, then resell the original to the vendor (make sure you have 2 Other Legendaries on your character sheet for this workaround or the L&L's will go straight to being equiped, and won't be refundable.

Edited by Toraak

This is definitely a workaround. I found I can buy the 332 version of the L&L once you purchase the 326 version 1st, then you can instantly purchase the 332 or 334 from the vendor, then resell the original to the vendor (make sure you have 2 Other Legendaries on your character sheet for this workaround or the L&L's will go straight to being equiped, and won't be refundable.

Thanks for posting the workaround & details!

So does this mean I need 9000 tech frags (2500 for the new 326 that I'd be refunding & 6500 for the 332)

on hand to do this if I want to upgrade my 330 L&L to 332 or do the actual upgrades wind up at the discounted rate too?

Thanks for posting the workaround & details!

So does this mean I need 9000 tech frags (2500 for the new 326 that I'd be refunding & 6500 for the 332)

on hand to do this if I want to upgrade my 330 L&L to 332 or do the actual upgrades wind up at the discounted rate too?

You'll need to have 9k tech frags available to do this. Same for when you upgrade it to 334.

Remember if your wearing 2 other implants you'll get back the 2500 from the 326 when it gets refunded. (meaning have your Locked and loaded 330 in your inventory, and not your equiped gear.

The only way you would get the discount on a 332 L&L upgrade is if you already have the achievement for the 334 implant in the Feats of Strength>Advancements>Legendary item area. If you have that achievement it would only cost 5k tech frags to do this. Otherwise it'll be 9k.

Edited by Toraak

You'll need to have 9k tech frags available to do this. Same for when you upgrade it to 334.

Remember if your wearing 2 other implants you'll get back the 2500 from the 326 when it gets refunded. (meaning have your Locked and loaded 330 in your inventory, and not your equiped gear.

The only way you would get the discount on a 332 L&L upgrade is if you already have the achievement for the 334 implant in the Feats of Strength>Advancements>Legendary item area. If you have that achievement it would only cost 5k tech frags to do this. Otherwise it'll be 9k.

OK, thanks!

Figured it would be 9K based on what I'd read about the discounts they put in place, but thought I'd check :) Should be able to try it out today after I get my personal conquest done for the week on one of the other toons.