Dark vs. Light Event

ronin_chi_lao

I somehow missed it many years ago and was wondering if there might be a slim chance of it coming back.

Even in a different stage to please those that did it already and earned everything by having more to participate in and a ton of old AND new rewards.

Thanks for your time bioware :D

And yes, I did put it here to discuss the many possibilities other players think it could have.

(I heard finding the bosses for it at the right times was a bit of a pain)

Any thoughts please. It could help the game immensely.

I somehow missed it many years ago and was wondering if there might be a slim chance of it coming back.

It was in 2016, so six years ago. Not sure if that counts as "many".

I'd say that if there is a chance, it's pretty slim.

Even in a different stage to please those that did it already and earned everything by having more to participate in and a ton of old AND new rewards.

Since the most-requested reward from the event, the companion Master (Dazh) Ranos, is available for Galactic Seasons tokens from the vendor, much of the "old rewards" part is of questionable value.

There would have to be new rewards for it to please those who did it already. The things to do would need to be revised as well, since "reach level 65" doesn't seem to be very relevant to anything any more, and "Finish KotFE" isn't either.

Thanks for your time bioware :D

And yes, I did put it here to discuss the many possibilities other players think it could have.

(I heard finding the bosses for it at the right times was a bit of a pain)

No, that was a property of the largely-unrelated Dark vs. Light *mechanism* that was released *after* the event as part of 5.0.

Most if not all of the bosses that were linked to the event were in Flashpoints or Operations, if memory serves, so they were available any you could get a group to run the FP or Op.

Any thoughts please. It could help the game immensely.

I'm not sure about "immensely", but "a bit" is possible. Whether it would be enough to be worth BioWare's effort, *as seen by BioWare*, is anyone's guess.

That's strange the event bosses were in flashpoints.

Seems like i would have at least run into 1 of them but my achievements say i'm at 0%

Maybe rare to find there as more event bosses may have hit the ops?

But I barely remember getting much info about the event back then.

Well from the info you gave maybe a whole new event would be in order if they can't introduce this one back in.

Just seeing it in legacy like that kind of bums me out.

Oh well it is what it is.

I don't know about bringing this one back. My feelings are mixed. Unless the rewards for a new DVL were really good, i don't think i would actually try to complete it. Personally, i'm at the point that i don't want to replay the game all over again, which is what the DVL event was in a nutshell. Compared to when it was around originally, there's just so much more story to grind through, that i don't want to do. Not to mention making and levelling another 8 toons and doing all the FPs in all modes. Doing all those FPs turned them off to me. To this day, i still hate FPs because of the DVL event.

Since the most-requested reward from the event, the companion Master (Dazh) Ranos, is available for Galactic Seasons tokens from the vendor, much of the "old rewards" part is of questionable value.

The only other reward arguably more requested would be the Victorious Pioneer XP set, which has now been rendered useless beyond level 75 for reasons that are illogical.

Seems like i would have at least run into 1 of them but my achievements say i'm at 0%

That's because the Dark v Light bosses were introduced *after* the end of the event, as part of the 5.0 Dark vs Light mechanism (the "the Dark Side is becoming stronger" stuff linked to people doing more dark stuff, which was introduced in 5.0 and removed in 7.0).

The Dark vs Light *event* ended when 5.0 released.

As someone who did it the first time around, I'd say if they touted that they were going to do it again or something like it, it would be ill received.

Few enjoyed trawling back through such and amount of content - all on 8 new toons remember - and fewer still were happy when the mighty tick list of achievements was condensed into a single achievement at a later stage.

It would be fool hardy of them to "go there".

Maybe rare to find there as more event bosses may have hit the ops?

I'm not sure if this is correct. A lot of the DvsL bosses were summonable champs on planets. They were like WBs but smaller, still extremely difficult to kill though. Even after the alignment mechanic from 5.0 ended, they were still farmed for achievements.

The only other reward arguably more requested would be the Victorious Pioneer XP set, which has now been rendered useless beyond level 75 for reasons that are illogical.

This is the only reason I might do it. When DvsL came last time, I hadn't started subbing yet so I missed the achievements you could only get past level 50. I have two sets of Victorious Pioneer gear but only partly complete, it gives me an extra 25% xp I think.

I didn't know that it doesn't work post 75. lol BW is so transparently pathetic about their lack of ability to provide more content. Why not just return leveling to 2.0 levels so it takes months to level a fresh character.

Illogical? That's sounds like a nice way of saying stupid.

The only goal that required eight characters was "finish all eight class stories". All the rest could be done on just two, or in a lot of cases, just one.

We got that. The issue is that some of us wouldn't want to do that again. After all these years, story has lost its allure and has largely become irrelevant. The rewards MUST be very good in order to entice us to do it all over again.

For me one of the interesting rewards of DvL event were the mini "packs". I only played the last bits of the event and only got a few of those but were very cool rewards: Got a JetPack mount that was very valuable at that time and pieces of actually really cool armors.

GS rewards comparatively were much worst in terms of items as most of the "cartel" stuff was garbage and the loot tables so limited that i got the same items on 3 different legacies i played. On the other hand, the direct CC rewards did compensate that aspect.

We got that. The issue is that some of us wouldn't want to do that again. After all these years, story has lost its allure and has largely become irrelevant. The rewards MUST be very good in order to entice us to do it all over again.

I agree with the sentiment here. My statement was just to oppose the "all required 8 characters" part. Only one goal out of the whole thing required eight characters.

I'm not sure if this is correct. A lot of the DvsL bosses were summonable champs on planets. They were like WBs but smaller, still extremely difficult to kill though. Even after the alignment mechanic from 5.0 ended, they were still farmed for achievements.

That's too bad I never came across any of them.

I agree with the sentiment here. My statement was just to oppose the "all required 8 characters" part. Only one goal out of the whole thing required eight characters.

My point still stands that to get ALL the achievements ticked you needed to raise 8 new toons you couldn't just live through it with the toons you had - whether you had 8 or 80 at the time - you needed 8 more. I didn't mean you had to run all the tasks on 8 toons, though I can see why you read it that way.

That's too bad I never came across any of them.

I rarely heard anyone ask in chat. It was mainly an activity you do with your guild, and i think there was some connection to guild perks or something. The individual rewards seemed pretty lackluster unlike the rewards for WBs.

I rarely heard anyone ask in chat. It was mainly an activity you do with your guild, and i think there was some connection to guild perks or something. The individual rewards seemed pretty lackluster unlike the rewards for WBs.

Yeah that's why I thought I heard somewhere they said something about reworking the event because it did not do as well as it should have first time around. Maybe it was just a reply to a live stream message and they really didn't have any plans at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.