The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whats up with all the censorship on posts

Ardah

They can do whatever they want with their own Forums

Most of the threads they delete (most, not all), weren't constructive anyway, though

exactly.

It's their house. They don't have to let people come in and crap all over their couch. You wouldn't either you know.

Some of the posts I found to be constructive criticism, but you are right, they can do what they like in their own house.

I find it kind of sad though as you should be allowed to discuss certain topics, but then again, my concerns really doesn't matter.

Because all the WoW fans keep filling the front page with dozens of the same thread about how this game is not WoW with spaceships and lightsabers.

They all say the same thing, and, truth be told, they seriously resemble Trions attack on WoW last spring. So, there is a chance Blizz is behind some of them trying to blunt how well this launch is going.

SWTOR is a threat to Wow. Not like it will kill it. Nothing can. But costing Blizz a million or so subs still hurts.

After the crap Trio pulled are Rift's launch, I wouldn't put it past them. Trio opened a bad can of worms with that BS.

I read a post, try to comment, told that i cant access the post.

Go back to general and the post is gone/vanished.

Happens a lot lately!

Because Bioware takes moderation to a new level, in a bad way. If it offends anyone, thing, in any way shape or form it's gone. Saying "your silly if you like that" gets you a infraction. It's like pre-school in here, but whatever, their forums. Maybe they'll one day see that restricting so much is a bad thing and loosen up a bit.

If a person is paying for a product they have every right to air their opinion on it.

They sure do. They're free to tell their neighbors, call their friends, whatever. But this is Bioware's forum. They make the rules here. If they want people to maintain some level of civility, that's their call.

Some of the posts I found to be constructive criticism, but you are right, they can do what they like in their own house.

I find it kind of sad though as you should be allowed to discuss certain topics, but then again, my concerns really doesn't matter.

The difficulty is however that even the constructive criticism threads quickly get piled on by the haters like fat kids after a newly baked cake. And the thread quickly degrades.

In reality though, I find the mods do a pretty balanced job of letting constructive threads continue and are pretty balanced and fair about applying the forum rules as they do so.

They will close threads sometimes and point out that there is already a main thread for said topic and encourgae further discussion there. They will delete posts that violate the terms as well. Both are completely fair and appropriate.

They also will close blatant troll threads and completely off topic or completely meta topic (like this thread) and that is also fair and appropriate. I'm not sure why this one is still open actually. :)

Edited by Andryah

I read a post, try to comment, told that i cant access the post.

Go back to general and the post is gone/vanished.

Happens a lot lately!

Because of people like me who report threads like this as spam for not containing any references to SWTOR. Reported for spam.