Way too much emphasis on solo/phased instance play. Can I skip some of this stuff?

ReckonerH

Don't get me wrong, the storylines and companions are all really cool and interesting. But while I am having fun...I wanted to play an mmo. That's why I reinstalled after years and years of not playing. Instead I feel like I'm playing a single player rpg with a few multiplayer elements.

According to steam I've played over 50 hours and all of it was spent on solo content and I barely get to interact with players because I'm in my own phase. It's really odd :confused:

Granted, I had a lot of catching up to do. Played through Revan expansion, Fallen Empire, Eternal Throne...and now I am hunting down a traitor in my crew? It's been a blast...just lonely :(

Will I lose out on anything if I just start doing flashpoints and pvp to level to max from here? Because I have (2 expansions?) worth of story still left and I really am getting burnt out.

If you are 70+ you can go to your Starship and use the mission terminal to skip up to the Jedi Under Siege storyline. There's no way to skip further than that, that I know of.

There's really nothing stopping you to queue for stuff in between story bits, specially since you get a daily bonus.

Personally I got into the endgame gearing treadmill as soon as I got to 80, I'm nowhere close to the end of the storyline, I'm kinda praying I can get into the new daily area when it drops without having to finish the story, lol.

** "The Story" ... always has been the "driving" part of SWTOR. And IMO ... should remain as such.

** Other "aspects" such as PvP. Also a part of the game. IMO this part of the game suffered for a number of years. There were pages upon pages of suggestions as what players were hoping to see one day. I'm guessing that most of that never materialized.

** "Advanced PvE or group content only": That's been around since the beginning too. Multiplayer options are out there for different levels whether in flash points, OPs or other areas that part of the game is out there.

IMO this is the one thing that has frequently helped SWTOR in the past. How much of each of these options are currently out there? Newer content? Level sync? (And no doubt many other questions related to these subjects) ... well, that could take a while to sort out.

YES ... there is a ton of "story" to get through right now (particularly for someone starting out from scratch). IMO this is something that the team might seriously look at.

** Starting out with the basic "vanilla" and completing those stories in their entirety ... and maybe then be able to skip to KOtFE/ET and doing those ???

** Other Options to (skip) around in the story. (Like skipping over all of JUS from a story point of view).

Sometimes that might work .. and sometimes it just wont.

Just saying ... not intended to be argumentative.

A lot of the 'solo' story can be played as a group, except for KOTxx I think.

You can join someone for Kotfe/kotet like you can for class stories - as an observer and npc masher :D. It makes it so much more fun. I only tried with my real life friend after reading someone saying it could be done on these forums. I'm not sure if you can join as a larger group though.

You can join someone for Kotfe/kotet like you can for class stories - as an observer and npc masher :D. It makes it so much more fun. I only tried with my real life friend after reading someone saying it could be done on these forums. I'm not sure if you can join as a larger group though.

if you could invite a 2nd person in, you should be able to invite up to 4, as long as you don't change it to an ops group.

if you could invite a 2nd person in, you should be able to invite up to 4, as long as you don't change it to an ops group.

This sort of reminds me of the old SFC-OP days. That was fun. WE could "draft" up to 4 other players into the "instance" at a time OR we had the OPTION of solo. Either way the instance would "read" the leader ... and the size group and "match" the group with an appropriate challenge. That game was over 15 years ago! (but still a lot of fun).

Add to that an optional level of difficulty .. and IMO it's a whole new game that offers a lot more to a wider audience.

[/shrugs] ... but what do I know ...

You can. I once had a group of 3 guildies helping a 4th get his MM chapter clear for one of the Kotxx chapters. Forget which one, since it was so long ago. Groups of 4 for those are definitely possible, I think there is a way to summon others in your group into the chapters if I remember correctly. (However only the person that owns the phase gets credit for doing the chapter for achievements anyway.)

Edited by Toraak