So...most players will NOT get 5 days of early access.

Larishet

and they're still advertising 'You may play up to 5 days' when they know they have no shot at 5 days.

Er, I know math is not really my thing but I do believe TOMORROW is the 15th which will be FIVE days before the 20th launch.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another troll, if you bothered to read.

If you ordered yesterday and were promised UPTO 5 days with no chance of ever getting in 5 days before, it's not upto is it!

The could have just said early access guaranteed, that way it wouldn't have been a problem, I know this, they know this.

I am not the one who's few hundred million is on the line, not bothered at all I am not in yet, I just don't like miss selling!

Looking at an advertising hoarding for an event that has passed doesn't give a person the right to sue for not being able to get something that WAS possible when the advert went live ... same here ... if one chooses to buy something that pattently cannot be honoured you cannot claim for not recieving it.

It is not miss-selling, it is the passage of time ... suck it up !!

Please ffs stop posting threads if you're not going to try and gather any info on what you're posting about... BW please name one of these servers QQ Binks or Obi Troll Kenobi or something so these people can play together and not impede my enjoyment of the game they are obviously so desperate to play!

Yet another troll, if you bothered to read.

If you ordered yesterday and were promised UPTO 5 days with no chance of ever getting in 5 days before, it's not upto is it!

The could have just said early access guaranteed, that way it wouldn't have been a problem, I know this, they know this.

I am not the one who's few hundred million is on the line, not bothered at all I am not in yet, I just don't like miss selling!

I can read just fine (and I have 3 degrees to prove it).

You, on the other hand, need to stay in school if you cannot comprehend what "up to 5 days" means.

Today is the 14th. The 20th is 6 days away.

Edited by Silvafox

You do realize that early access is the ONLY incentive to pre-order, right? This is the year 2010, and digital downloads have the concept of "sold out" obsolete. If they want our money before the game actually comes out, they better give us something worth it. I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

you sir, deserve much respect.

Please learn to comprehend up to 5 days, is a guarantee of more than one day. SR said you are now only promised a single day. That my friend is called a bait and switch.

They implied you'd get more thatn 24 hours before the offical launch. Which you wont get, and they informed you AFTER you paid that oh well no now we are only going to give you a day.

Up to 5 days is a guarantee of more than 1 nanosecond...nothing more.

Please check your sense of entitlement at the door.

I think the main reason for complaints if the fact everyone thinks they payed 5$ for early access when that is the farthest from the truth you can possibly get.

You paid for the game, not early access.

I tend to disagree with these as....

11.25.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

11.25.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

and all pre-orders come with....

PRE-ORDER EXCLUSIVES

Early Game Access

What Early Game Access is is up to BW who then states Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011, seven days prior to the official launch. Starting December 13, 2011, invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox tied to your Star Wars: The Old Republic™ account!

Though I must say that IF I do not get in untill the 19th I will be a bit miffed but oh well it is THEIR game. If nothing else I will play on the 19th and still be happy. I do not care about the $5 or not.

See I can cut & paste with the best of them! :D

Edited by Lillia

You do realize that early access is the ONLY incentive to pre-order, right? This is the year 2010, and digital downloads have the concept of "sold out" obsolete. If they want our money before the game actually comes out, they better give us something worth it. I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

It's the only incentive from a selfish point of view. Preorders give the company an idea of how well their game is going to sell, as well as how many physical copies to make and distribute to stores, and what the server loads will look like when the game goes live. Sure, I'm all for preorder bonuses, and I agree that they make a very strong incentive to preorder, but when it comes down to it you should be preordering your games regardless of bonus incentives. In the long run this will end up helping you by allowing the game developers and distributors to make more informed decisions, resulting in more efficient use of money and time budgeting and smoother product releases. That's quite a bit of reward for something that costs you nothing more than an extra trip to Gamestop.

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

Up to 5 days does not mean 5 days.

This and other basic english lessons brought to you by TheHeadCapper,

Up to 5 days is a guarantee of more than 1 nanosecond...nothing more.

Please check your sense of entitlement at the door.

No, it is a guarantee of between 1 nanosecond and 5 days.

You cannot advertise something as being "up to 5 days" if it is really only 1 nanosecond you are guaranteed to get, because that isn't "up to 5 days" at all is it. All that would mean is that the "up to 5 days" part of the statement is a lie.

That said, everyone is getting in tomorrow so it's not going to matter because the "up to 5 days" will really mean you get 5 days won't it.

With all that new servers it's possible that everyone will get in tomorrow, or maybe day after. Did I miss something ?

nope, it's pretty clear that the fact they made it right up to oct from july today and then added a crazy amount of servers means we'll all be in by the end of tomorrow.

People however are people and it doesn't matter if the issue is all but resolved they will still continue to argue.

The game is not officially launched until your 30 days of free time start and you get your items if you have a DDE or CE. So far no one that I have seen in the game can get any of their items yet. Even the few people that have received an actual retail code from origin have not received any items. This game is only "launched" in the fact that it is not beta and your characters will not be wiped. Other than that it is early access and it is FREE and does not go towards your 30 days when you register so "officially" it is not launched.

i gotta say both sides are right. yes they said "up to 5 days." However they did not say "if you dont preorder before August, you will have only 2 days."

the point is the 5 days early access was the pre-order selling point. Typically when a company says something like "up to 5 days", it means they will get you in if it is at all possible. this company seems to have a very different idea. that is the point that is irking folks.

as far as not being up front with player base and taking them for granted, I direct you to SOE and SWG (older gamers will remember that mess and the end result) this is by no means on the same level and will not have the same result - but its enough to get some of us to raise an eyebrow and wonder.

That said, yes I will wait for my time to get in and play when i can. Hopefully it is nothing more than a missunderstanding and all will be well in the future.

i gotta say both sides are right. yes they said "up to 5 days." However they did not say "if you dont preorder before August, you will have only 2 days."

the point is the 5 days early access was the pre-order selling point. Typically when a company says something like "up to 5 days", it means they will get you in if it is at all possible. this company seems to have a very different idea. that is the point that is irking folks.

as far as not being up front with player base and taking them for granted, I direct you to SOE and SWG (older gamers will remember that mess and the end result) this is by no means on the same level and will not have the same result - but its enough to get some of us to raise an eyebrow and wonder.

That said, yes I will wait for my time to get in and play when i can. Hopefully it is nothing more than a missunderstanding and all will be well in the future.

nice outrage, are you sure everyone isn't getting in tomorrow and that would invalidate all complaints?

UP TO means there is a chance, if there was never a chance of you getting 5 days when you ordered say 6 days ago, but they still advertised it as that, then it's not UP TO is it.

Common sense comprehension website is that way>>>>>>>>>>>>

You point would be valid if it wasn't for the fact that they also said the earlier you purchase, the more of a chance you would get the full 5 days.

it is 2011.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.