So...most players will NOT get 5 days of early access.

Larishet

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it did:

''Welcome Message from Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk '

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.''

No, it didn't:

"Front page of the website, wiki, wikipedia, all information ever released"

Launches: 12/20/11

You're just playing with the semantics of his wording.

Please learn to comprehend what you read. They said up to 5 days of early game access. The only guarantee I've seen is 1 day of access. If you don't like it, cancel your pre-order and play the game on the 20th.

Please learn to comprehend up to 5 days, is a guarantee of more than one day. SR said you are now only promised a single day. That my friend is called a bait and switch.

They implied you'd get more thatn 24 hours before the offical launch. Which you wont get, and they informed you AFTER you paid that oh well no now we are only going to give you a day.

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

LOL did u proof read this post? please link to promised 5 days plz post link to ur percentages? if u think up to means u will just stop, and stop before u further dig urself a hole post links or just stop and enjoy the game on the 20th.

You do know that you aren't fully charged the whole amount until the game is shipped or on the official release date, right?

So if someone now decide that he dont want to play it anymore, will they return the money back? NO ... so we gave them already money even before we tryed it

Edited by Dogblaster

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

Whew! You had me scared there for a moment. But luckily I saw the part where they said "UP TO" 5 days early access. Luckily I understood that distinction. Close call though...

:D

But to answer your question...No there is no reason for YOU to keep your preorder. Cancel it. Right now, this very instant. Don't hesitate, you will only regret it if you hesitate.

Edited by Rabbiddog

Please learn to comprehend up to 5 days, is a guarantee of more than one day. SR said you are now only promised a single day. That my friend is called a bait and switch.

They implied you'd get more thatn 24 hours before the offical launch. Which you wont get, and they informed you AFTER you paid that oh well no now we are only going to give you a day.

and they're still advertising 'You may play up to 5 days' when they know they have no shot at 5 days.

You paid for a game with an official launch of December 20th. Anything else is a gift from Bioware. Stop being a self-entitled brat and get over it.

If what you're saying is that it's stupid to let some people that preordered play before other people that preordered then I'm with you. How is it fair that someone who can afford to preorder a game 6 months or a year in advance has preference over someone who had to scrape and save to buy the game at the last minute? This would be totally different if it were an offline game that didn't have world firsts or people racing to 50. This is why people are pissed off and it makes sense. I don't think this was the right way to handle an MMO prelaunch. Early access is great do it all at once, don't handicap people that paid the same amount to PREORDER the game just didn't do it 6 months ago. Game companies used to be happy with preorders now I guess we have to buy games when they're still in development to get a spot when it launches. Not kosher.

Good luck winning the race to 50 or any server firsts or playing with your friends for that matter with staggered access. Not very well thought out.

If what you're saying is that it's stupid to let some people that preordered play before other people that preordered then I'm with you. How is it fair that someone who can afford to preorder a game 6 months or a year in advance has preference over someone who had to scrape and save to buy the game at the last minute? This would be totally different if it were an offline game that didn't have world firsts or people racing to 50. This is why people are pissed off and it makes sense. I don't think this was the right way to handle an MMO prelaunch. Early access is great do it all at once, don't handicap people that paid the same amount to PREORDER the game just didn't do it 6 months ago. Game companies used to be happy with preorders now I guess we have to buy games when they're still in development to get a spot when it launches. Not kosher.

Good luck winning the race to 50 or any server firsts or playing with your friends for that matter with staggered access. Not very well thought out.

Why would you "race to 50", wouldn't you just end up having nothing to do even sooner? <..<

yet the reality is that the person who ordered on Dec 12th in no way shape or form will get more than 1-2 days early access, yet he paid the same early access cost.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that THERE IS NO EARLY ACCESS COST?

The 5$ you put down isn't an ADDITIONAL cost. They take that price out of the game because you're putting down 5$ for a pre-order.

If you waited till launch you wouldn't pay 54.99 you'd still pay 59.99. I think the main reason for complaints if the fact everyone thinks they payed 5$ for early access when that is the farthest from the truth you can possibly get.

Edited by KhealThar

Just think of it as standing in line to get on a ride at the fair. you both paid to get in but one of you got in line before the other. It's life damn go do something else for a day or two.

Regardless of if they promised "at least" one day of early access, giving access to the game to some and not others is BS. My friends are playing right now and getting levels, while I am stuck here waiting. One of the points of a MMO is to play with your friends, level up with them, etc. They will all be way higher level than me by the time I get to play. It's a crappy way to release an MMO or any multiplayer game.

First come, first serve. Buying the game first allows one to have an earlier access than those that didn't. And if you had to scrape to pay for this game, you shouldn't be playing. I'm just saying that the money could be better spent.

Regardless of if they promised "at least" one day of early access, giving access to the game to some and not others is BS. My friends are playing right now and getting levels, while I am stuck here waiting. One of the points of a MMO is to play with your friends, level up with them, etc. They will all be way higher level than me by the time I get to play. It's a crappy way to release an MMO or any multiplayer game.

If you didn't like the idea of AT LEAST one day of early access ....then why did you pre-oreder????

Maybe you should have bought the game when they did.