GTN - Galactic Trade Network Tweaks

conanisking

Just some ideas from my end about the existing GTN system, hopefully to benefit this game!

GTN TWEAKS

1. Longer auction post duration!

Instead of 3 days maximum what about up to 3 weeks? (21 days)

This would cut down on server load for all that mail every 3 days,

and us reposting the same stuff over and over on the market.

But more than anything.. it would be a hell of a lot more fun!

Subscriber 21 day maximum

Preferred 14 day maximum

Free 2 Play 7 day maximum

(This system also adds to giving players a reason to be a subscriber even if for 1 month,

or buy some credits, even once to support this game!)

2. Mailbox option - Repost auction "button" at same price

(If the longer post item duration is not implimented...)

Repost at same price works exactly like it sounds.

You click on the "repost" button on this piece of mail to repost it again for that same price,

for that same duration again!

Instead of removing/collecting this item from mail you just repost that item(s) again on the GTN

for the same price & duration you did before!

This would save an assload of mail/lag time.. you just repost it again.

Your mailbox, in essence is an extension of the GTN box.

This could be super handy if you are on another world, and not on the station.

Something to consider, for the sheer convenience it would provide!

3. Buy more GTN auction slots

Currently your maxium GTN auction slots are determined by if you are a subcriber or not.

Which absolutely makes sense!

But I propose all players regardless of subscriber or not should be able to buy MORE marketplace slots

for their entire legacy:

Credits You spend X credits, and unlock +5 marketplace slots for your entire legacy.

Something reasonable like 3500 credits gets you +5 marketplace slots per character!

Legacy Unlocks Possibly some of the items listed under legacy could grant you some more marketplace

slots for that character. Not too much but maybe +1/+2/+3 per item listed.

These bonus slots are only for that 1 character, not the entire legacy...

unless you buy that item as an unlock for that entire legacy!

4. Allow some bound items to become auctionable!

(That are currently bound/not for resale or untransferable)

The items I would love to see available on auction could be:

1. Jawa Scraps (all 3 types under crafting materials somewhere)

A very useful item in the current game mechanic!

But also, tons of players collect them, but wish they could just sell them off or trade them

for something else.

Which is what a market is good for!

2. Reinforcement Components

Combining 10 of these into 1 item is awesome... but you have dozens if not hundreds of these things

sitting on your various alts.

Even if they were not soulbound, but bound to legacy so you could toss all of them into your legacy bank...

that would be a massive help towards progress and use of this item!

Plus if you don't need or even want them... sell them on GTN!

3. Currency Items

Being able to trade out some of your inventory "currency" items would be awesome.

But only if it works within a "currecy" system, rather than commendations you have earned.

Some that might be permitted for trade:

Cartel Market Certificate, Tech Fragments, Rackghoul DNA Cannister.

Edited by conanisking

I don't believe this would have any affect on lag. My prediction is it would create a "buyer's" market as opposed to a "seller's" market as prices would continually be undercut. It would also increase the number of listings of repeat items. You would also see a lot more people complaining on the forums because they'll forget about listings on characters they don't play often and they will start losing items and/or credits in the mail (when it expires).

I think the biggest thing people will notice is that where there used to be one page of a certain item listed, there would now be 6-8 pages where each new listing undercuts the previous by 1 credit. The listing that was posted a week ago or two weeks ago won't even be a consideration to buyers, which, in turn, renders the extra listing length useless.

What do you propose I do for the purposes of changes to this existing thread?

I'm open to suggestion.

To be honest being able to post an auction for longer, sure that will make it easier to undercut prices.

But hey, why keep posting the same thing every 3 days.. it's not very fun to be honest.

Too much work when I could be having fun...

I really want to post items for longer even if I do get undercut from time to time, so what?

Maybe not lag, but it does cost a certain amount of server resources to keep track of it all.

Edited by conanisking

1. No. Not a good idea. With the way the GTN works, people are constantly putting up new items, undercutting the ones that are there. Your item would just sit there being ignored for a week (or w/e).

(Not that I'm against longer post times, but I don't see much benefit.)

2. Repost button might me nice, but also very limited. It depends upon your tactic for GTN sales, but I tend to reduce the price when things don't sell, so I'd seldom actually just 'repost' something.

These sorts of things make more sense in a 'real world' situation where people are using 'real money' to buy real items. But this is a game where much of the stuff on the GTN is just there so the seller can clear out some junk from inventory. It's more like a 'yard sale' than an actual 'store'. 🙂

Something reasonable like 2000 credits gets you +5 marketplace slots per character!

That's an unreasonably small amount of credits for five slots, especially in today's version of the game's economy. You can earn 2000 credits by standing near a heroic mission dispenser terminal and scratching your character's ear.

If it didn't sell after (looks up above) three weeks at the previous price, what makes you think that reposting it at the same (evidently too high) price is going to result in a sale?

True, if we could post items on auction for up to 3 weeks we wouldn't even NEED a repost button.

I just have them all listed here as a total collection of options.

But I listed the longer auction durations as #1 for a reason.

Reposting is #2... if the longer duration never gets implimented.

3500 credits for +5 marketplace slots per character seems fair, but no higher in my opinion.

This isn't buying an armor set or some other cosmetic after all.. just more slots!

What you are selling, that's up to whatever you can get or craft at your level.

Edited by conanisking

3. Buy more GTN auction slots

Currently your maxium GTN auction slots are determined by if you are a subcriber or not.

Which absolutely makes sense!

But I propose all players regardless of subscriber or not should be able to buy MORE marketplace slots

for their entire legacy:

Credits You spend X credits, and unlock +5 marketplace slots for your entire legacy.

Something reasonable like 3500 credits gets you +5 marketplace slots per character!

Legacy Unlocks Possibly some of the items listed under legacy could grant you some more marketplace

slots for that character. Not too much but maybe +1/+2/+3 per item listed.

These bonus slots are only for that 1 character, not the entire legacy...

unless you buy that item as an unlock for that entire legacy!

Just FYI, You can already buy more GTN slots in the cartel market.