Swg 2.0

Gondien

Share your data please. If you look at steam charts there are more average users right now than April of last year. It fluctuates, there were a lot here to check out 7.0, it's dwindled since but year over year doesn't seem to be a massive difference. 7.0 was an opportunity lost, but seems to be holding steady otherwise.

Seen it before.

Steam charts and MMO pop websites don't lie. People are leaving faster than new subs are joining.

It's expected and deserved , this is by far the most lackluster expansion and the gearing system made everyone just quit.

Seen it before.

Steam charts and MMO pop websites don't lie. People are leaving faster than new subs are joining.

If you want to compare SWTOR to SWG, or more acurately 7.0 to NGE which is a nonsensical comparision anyway, you should also take into account that SWG was only shut down in the same month of the same year that SWTOR came out, in december of 2011. So as long as there is no new Star Wars MMORPG on the horizon, which there is not, the game will keep going even with lower subscriber numbers just like SWG.

Because of the 7.0 downgrade.

Veteran leave because of the downgrade compare of 6.2 or once 326 there nothing new to do (no new operation, 7.0 new content was done in 2h).

New players do not come in mass because of no Bioware communication about SWTOR. 7.0 were not announced on gaming website or gaming magazine.

The game is currently on maintenance mode. They do looking to hire 5 devs for SWTOR and other BIOWARE games to replace the devs who left.

The best hope is a 6.2 roll back and work on new gaming content on the 6.2 gearing system (gear as you want)

Edited by Syal

Seen it before.

Omg you are totally correct. with only 10 mil players and 100k per day the game is dead.

https://mmo-population.com/r/swtor

RANK

Star Wars: The Old Republic is ranked #18 out of 134 tracked MMOs in terms of player and aggregate server population.

TOTAL PLAYERS

10.82M

Star Wars: The Old Republic is estimated to have 10,820,443 total players or subscribers.

DAILY PLAYERS

Star Wars: The Old Republic is estimated to have 102,794 players per day this month.

Omg you are totally correct. with only 10 mil players and 100k per day the game is dead.

RANK

Star Wars: The Old Republic is ranked #18 out of 134 tracked MMOs in terms of player and aggregate server population.

They base their data on Reddit activity. Sentiment on Reddit is similar to what you can see here - people talk about bad state of the game and how the "expansion" made them play less or cancel their subscription.

As flawed as Steam Charts are it's the most reliable source.

Because of the 7.0 downgrade.

Veteran leave because of the downgrade compare of 6.2 or once 326 there nothing new to do (no new operation, 7.0 new content was done in 2h).

New players do not come in mass because of no Bioware communication about SWTOR. 7.0 were not announced on gaming website or gaming magazine.

The game is currently on maintenance mode. They do looking to hire 5 devs for SWTOR and other BIOWARE games to replace the devs who left.

The best hope is a 6.2 roll back and work on new gaming content on the 6.2 gearing system (gear as you want)

I felt 6.0 being on maintenance mode but clearly the devs still cared back then , I felt the community was a bit more vocal too , rn the game is just floating between very few content patches and this so called expansion and it's a damn shame this game has a super old foundation and they could have added so much more stuff pvp / pve wise and not only.

The nail in the coffin is this gearing system though , I really hope they care and they will do a revert on how it works because they are bleeding players.

RANK

TOTAL PLAYERS

10.82M

Star Wars: The Old Republic is estimated to have 10,820,443 total players or subscribers.

DAILY PLAYERS

Star Wars: The Old Republic is estimated to have 102,794 players per day this month.

I don't believe this data. When I see that on prime time there is only 1 instance on the fleet with less than 100 players and on any planet I jump (tattoine, alderaan, couscant, Nar shadaa) there are also only 1 instance in most cases with less than 50 players then I don't know on which base they came to that data.

And there are no official data from BW oder EA - so everything what they calculate is a view in a crystal ball. My experience is there are much less players than with 6.2 even if I take in account how many guild mates haven't logges in for months. From 4 raid groups in 6.1 and 6.2 not even one is left, most times we are not enough for a flashpoint.

Share your data please. If you look at steam charts there are more average users right now than April of last year. It fluctuates, there were a lot here to check out 7.0, it's dwindled since but year over year doesn't seem to be a massive difference. 7.0 was an opportunity lost, but seems to be holding steady otherwise.

From Feb release, they took a 22% loss in March, then another 14% in April. That significant.

Couldn't even hold people for a month after a new release.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830#1y

how does steam measure people that dont use steam ? just curious. most people in my guild dont bother with it.

It doesn't.

These are only the players on steam.

This means two things:

1. The actual number of players is definitely higher.

2. The trends seen here (increases and decreases in percent) are representative for all players, because the sample-size on steam is a statistically significant group.

From Feb release, they took a 22% loss in March, then another 14% in April. That significant.

Couldn't even hold people for a month after a new release.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830#1y

Yeah a lot of ppl subbed for the expansion which was full of bugs and not even fully ready yet. So they unsubbed and the player base on steam is about where it was pre expansion and it has increased from April 2021. So those aren't really convincing numbers imo lol...

Yeah a lot of ppl subbed for the expansion which was full of bugs and not even fully ready yet. So they unsubbed and the player base on steam is about where it was pre expansion and it has increased from April 2021. So those aren't really convincing numbers imo lol...

Are you looking at the same graph I am?

There is a peak at Feb 14 (the day 7.0 went live) and from there on numbers are dropping fast.

One month later we are at about the same number as the week before 7.0

In the week from April 4 we have reached an all-time low (8.700) and it still keeps dropping every week

This means they did not only loose all the players the attracted with the expansion in only one month, they also managed to drive an amazing 20% of their old playerbase away by now. (8200 this week vs 10.300 just before 7.0)

Edited by Real_Dark_Lord

If you want to compare SWTOR to SWG, or more acurately 7.0 to NGE which is a nonsensical comparision anyway, you should also take into account that SWG was only shut down in the same month of the same year that SWTOR came out, in december of 2011. So as long as there is no new Star Wars MMORPG on the horizon, which there is not, the game will keep going even with lower subscriber numbers just like SWG.

Ubisoft is currently building an enormous open world Star Wars MMO using the Snowdrop engine that is supposed to release with tons of content.

Are you looking at the same graph I am?

There is a peak at Feb 14 (the day 7.0 went live) and from there on numbers are dropping fast.

One month later we are at about the same number as the week before 7.0

In the week from April 4 we have reached an all-time low (8.700) and it still keeps dropping every week

This means they did not only loose all the players the attracted with the expansion in only one month, they also managed to drive an amazing 20% of their old playerbase away by now. (8200 this week vs 10.300 just before 7.0)

Yup I'm looking at an apples to apples comparison. Of course the months a new release drop are going to have more players that's why u saw Feb and March with so many more players. Im not disputing that Bioware fumbled the bag, so much of 7.0 wasn't ready to be released and all the bugs alienated many ppl returning. However the average number of players is right back to where it was pre 7.0 and again comparing April 2021 and April 2022, it's almost identical. So they failed to keep interest in the expansion when the average player base doubled, but they are right back to where they were 6.0.

I don't believe this data. When I see that on prime time there is only 1 instance on the fleet with less than 100 players and on any planet I jump (tattoine, alderaan, couscant, Nar shadaa) there are also only 1 instance in most cases with less than 50 players then I don't know on which base they came to that data.

And there are no official data from BW oder EA - so everything what they calculate is a view in a crystal ball. My experience is there are much less players than with 6.2 even if I take in account how many guild mates haven't logges in for months. From 4 raid groups in 6.1 and 6.2 not even one is left, most times we are not enough for a flashpoint.

Fleet numbers don't mean ****. People have SH's they stay in or actually are out on planets doing something or in wz's, FP's, GSF, or Ops.

The game feels far more active to me since 7.0 then it ever did in 6.0.

Ubisoft is currently building an enormous open world Star Wars MMO using the Snowdrop engine that is supposed to release with tons of content.

Like I wrote in the other thread, Ubisoft is not working on an MMO in the Star Wars universe, but an open world Looter Shooter like The Division 2. I don't see how anyone playing SWTOR for the RPG portion will bail for that.

There are actually several new Star Wars games in the works right now from different companies including EA, who is developing the sequel to Fallen Order as well as an unknown shooter and an unknown strategy game. None of them are MMORPGs that are supposed to succeed this game.

Edited by Phazonfreak

2. The trends seen here (increases and decreases in percent) are representative for all players, because the sample-size on steam is a statistically significant group.

how can you prove that ?

I don't think that can be proved with 100% certainty and I don't think you need that level of confidence honestly. How big a sample size would need to be to represent generally well the whole player base?

Pretty sure that selecting randomly 30% of the player base would be more than enough to see general trend in a player population and I would be surprised that steam has less than 30% of the player population.

In that case, I would agree with the hypothesis that steam numbers are a fairly good estimate of the increases/decrease trend, even if not perfectly precise which doesn't really matter.

Edited by Neutrina

how can you prove that ?

Think of it this way, election polls will typically have a sample size of a few thousand people (at least where I live) to provide a sample.

This represents a tiny fraction of a percent of the general population, and it is statistically significant.

It is safe to assume that Steam makes up a far higher portion of the population than an election poll would, so claiming that steam charts are statistically significant is a pretty safe claim.

That being said, statistical significance can say many things. As the old saying goes, there are "lies, dam lies, and statistics"

IE. by selectively choosing what dates you are comparing, the charts can say very different things. (ex. before and after expansion numbers vs year over year numbers)