so I'm coming back, where are the class buffs?

Letsjet

I can't find them to cast them but there is one on my buff line (Force might for jedi knight) do i nolonger need to cast them? i had all the buffs unlocked in the legacy. Are they all still available? Do I no longer need to worry about character class buffs?

They are passives now. So you no longer have to apply them manually. You should still see them in your buffs tray though (it still annoys me to no end that you can't hide class buffs now that they're passives).

I can't find them to cast them but there is one on my buff line (Force might for jedi knight) do i nolonger need to cast them? i had all the buffs unlocked in the legacy. Are they all still available? Do I no longer need to worry about character class buffs?

They are a constant effect now. No need to recast them. I don’t hold recommend reading the 7.0 patch notes to see what changes they made to the game.

I miss the days when I was running around doing my class story and buffing all the players with a different class. It was a nice little interaction when someone reciprocated and a small part of making me feel like part of a community. Shame they had to be axed, I assume to cater to a more casual crowd.

I miss the days when I was running around doing my class story and buffing all the players with a different class. It was a nice little interaction when someone reciprocated and a small part of making me feel like part of a community. Shame they had to be axed, I assume to cater to a more casual crowd.

Not sure how turning them into passives caters to the casual crowd, when it was just a click to get/give the buff(s).

I felt it was more in line to make the game a little more difficult for the new player, so they had a thing to achieve themselves. No need to try hard for it, if everyone is always buffing you.

Not sure how turning them into passives caters to the casual crowd, when it was just a click to get/give the buff(s).

I felt it was more in line to make the game a little more difficult for the new player, so they had a thing to achieve themselves. No need to try hard for it, if everyone is always buffing you.

That's interesting, I never considered that it was changed for the sake of new players. From what I remember it started out as a single class-specific ability. Then they made it so that if you completed a certain part of the story on a particular class it added that class' buff to your normal one through a legacy unlock. As it stands now does it give new players all four buffs by default?

That's interesting, I never considered that it was changed for the sake of new players. From what I remember it started out as a single class-specific ability. Then they made it so that if you completed a certain part of the story on a particular class it added that class' buff to your normal one through a legacy unlock. As it stands now does it give new players all four buffs by default?

No, it works exactly the same as it did in 6.0. You have to complete the story through Chapter 2 I believe to get the buff on your other classes. It's the main reason you see such a differential in difficulty between new and old players (the buffs are quite substantial (5-10% damage resistance boost, 5% critical chance increase, etc) compared to what you get from abilities under level sync.). Throw in the Legacy boosts from datacrons (which are not capped as they are part of the bonus) and you can have a brand new character on the starter planet that is almost hitting the planetary cap)

I mean, to make the game a little more difficult for a new player. To give them something to work toward just a bit more.

What about animation of this buffs?

"Why they removed class skill buffs with 7.0? (Force Might for Jedi Knight for example) I know they are now permanent but that buffs had amazing animation for every class. Now where is it? Gone. I don't get it. What more, i loved to buff other players with it, for fun or for showing my good attitude to them and so on. Why you removed that fun? With this buff i really felt my power on my main Sage. It was my hallmark."

From here: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1005288

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Edited by Trlance

You know the problem with this? Sometimes the companion gets bugged and doesn't get the buffs unless you mount and unmount.

That has always been the case. The classic one is if your stealth character dismounts directly into stealth by firing the stealth ability. The companion doesn't get the buffs in that case.

The difference is that now you can't force the buffs onto the companion by recasting them.

I miss the button to do it myself.

I liked being able to buff other players, or for other players to buff my toon.

It was, as far as I can see, a completely pointless change.

Not pointless. They can't be removed by bosses now (I know it's happened in the past with some of them).

They are passives now. So you no longer have to apply them manually. You should still see them in your buffs tray though (it still annoys me to no end that you can't hide class buffs now that they're passives).

This may come as a shock but there's this little thing called interface editor. Open it and click on the player buff bar then uncheck the box , your personal buffs that are so tiny anyway will be hidden if this bothers you SO much.

This may come as a shock but there's this little thing called interface editor. Open it and click on the player buff bar then uncheck the box , your personal buffs that are so tiny anyway will be hidden if this bothers you SO much.

Why the hostility? Besides, your solution is terrible. My buffs bar is somewhat cluttered due to 4 essentially passive abilities being on there, so let's remove the entire buffs tray? So that now instead of those 4 buffs making the buff bar more annoying to read, I can't read it at all because it's disabled. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

• 9 months later...

My fourth music video on which I would like to emphasize how important for each class are the class buffs that have been removed (from 0:10). Is there a chance to bring them back at least as emotes? Why were they removed completely? Without these buffs, I can't stand fully determined to fight every time.

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVN76cVcSI

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Trlance said:

My fourth music video on which I would like to emphasize how important for each class are the class buffs that have been removed (from 0:10). Is there a chance to bring them back at least as emotes? Why were they removed completely? Without these buffs, I can't stand fully determined to fight every time.

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVN76cVcSI

I'm sorry, but they didn't remove the *buffs*.  They removed the "cast my buffs" abilities, but not the buffs, because the buffs that your character is allowed to use are applied automatically and don't time out after an hour.

As for emotes that mimic the old "cast my buffs" abilities' animations, sure, sounds like a nice idea.

• Like 1