332 Gear, Only for OP's...

denavin

You are saying this by ignoring all the other group content and saying only Veteran and Master OPs can get 330+ gear. You are ignoring me mentioning all the other forms of group content and only going after solo play. We are saying that OPs shouldn't be the only source.

Here is where you are wrong! I'm not saying that. Devs are saying that. Hell they make it like that. :D

All i'm saying is i kinda see their reasoning in doing so.

I have already said that they shouldn't have touched gearing, and waste resources when the new content was literally zero.

Maybe they will try to bring new life to the group content and try to bring new group based player base, who knows.

When there is a lack of Devs communication, at least a Devs Notes explaining why they are making X and Y changes, we can only guess.

Again i understand where i'm, and that's why unlike most of you not complain about such stuffs. We are in a MMO after all. Usually in this type of genre BIS is either for the hardest content or gated behind hardest group play.

Still we deserved better than 30 min story. I expected a big expansion, hell they pretty much promised a big one, and we get zero to none new content. This is my main problem.

And i was so stupid to expect(more like a hope, but still) new end game modes. :D

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to be missing the point here. The OP is not saying "don't let raiders have exclusive access to BiS gear", they are saying, "let raiders have the best gear, but make it adaptable so it is only the best in the content that needs it to be." It's a win/win. The raiders get the gear that they need for their clears, but they don't get a stat advantage over other types of content's gear. BiS raid gear would become identical to BiS pvp gear in pvp matches. BiS raid gear and pvp gear would become identical to BiS story gear in open world and story content (that would include lvl 80 areas that don't have level sync).

Yeah we(cause i'm solo) have the luxury to have a completely out of balance OP companions. :D

Which Solo content is exactly challenging in this game, for real?

And plenty of people are complaining they can't do Heroics after the companion changes.

Not to mention plenty of solo players don't know their class at all.

None of my companions have influence over level 35. Try running with one at significantly less than max level, and see how you get on. If they are OP, I haven't noticed. They are as they always have been, although I have noticed that they aren't healing quite as well or as timely as they used to.

I also don't have all the datacrons or any of the other things that seem to make life easier.

And yeah, there is quite a bit of challenging solo content. Maybe not to such an uber-player like yourself, but there is for ordinary, average players like me :D

People seem to be missing the point here. The OP is not saying "don't let raiders have exclusive access to BiS gear", they are saying, "let raiders have the best gear, but make it adaptable so it is only the best in the content that needs it to be." It's a win/win. The raiders get the gear that they need for their clears, but they don't get a stat advantage over other types of content's gear. BiS raid gear would become identical to BiS pvp gear in pvp matches. BiS raid gear and pvp gear would become identical to BiS story gear in open world and story content (that would include lvl 80 areas that don't have level sync).

While I don't have any problem with it, that is essentially saying that raiders shouldn't have exclusive access to BiS gear.

While I don't have any problem with it, that is essentially saying that raiders shouldn't have exclusive access to BiS gear.

Technically they will have BIS gear in any content they do, it will just be scaled down to BIS PvP gear if they PvP, or BIS Vet FPs if they play Vet FPs, or BIS Heroic gear if they are running around a planet, etc.

They will technically have the BIS gear, it just won't give them a massive boost in stats over any other gear outside of NIM OPs... you know, "since they don't need NIM OPs gear if they aren't raiding NIM OPs".

Their own words.

I love this idea.

Edited by illgot

Technically they will have BIS gear in any content they do, it will just be scaled down to BIS PvP gear if they PvP, or BIS Vet FPs if they play Vet FPs, etc.

They will technically have the BIS gear, it just won't give them a massive boost in stats over any other PvE gear... you know, "since they don't need NIM OPs gear if they aren't raiding NIM OPs".

Their own words.

I love this idea.

Well my point was that it wouldn't be exclusive not that it wouldn't be BiS. Personally I think they should bring back mods and make an extra mod slot that only works and drops in ops.

Can you explain exactly how you are not allowed to own the 332 gear? :D Who exactly told you that you are not allowed to own that piece of gear?

Simple...

If you Do Not do OPs then you CAN NOT get 332 gear since it ONLY drops in OPs

None of my companions have influence over level 35. Try running with one at significantly less than max level, and see how you get on. If they are OP, I haven't noticed. They are as they always have been, although I have noticed that they aren't healing quite as well or as timely as they used to.

I also don't have all the datacrons or any of the other things that seem to make life easier.

And yeah, there is quite a bit of challenging solo content. Maybe not to such an uber-player like yourself, but there is for ordinary, average players like me :D

Ah that one again.

Tell me which exact Heroics you can't solo, and struggle .

There was 1 guy that was struggling with the Black Hole one, and he claimed that you can't solo that Heroics.

And yet i done it with ease, with no max companion, with crap gear, and on a toon i haven't touched for over a year or so, playing 30% of it's capability. The char 100% didn't have more than 1 datacrons in total.

Read the same story for FP, which was 100% doable on solo as well.

I even attached screenshot.

Edited by LordVajra

Simple...

If you Do Not do OPs then you CAN NOT get 332 gear since it ONLY drops in OPs

Simple you play the game, play Ops and you get them.

If you don't want, you don't, but you are still perfectly fine.

As i already explained, which are this MMORPG out there, and let's count how many of all of them exactly give you the best Gear in the game doing easy content casually ???

Pretty sure like 99% will require to do the highest group content.

I know that people love bashing SWTOR Devs, but looking at the bigger picture, it's not just them, right? So maybe there is a reason for what they did, just like i already claiming ?!

Coming from a casual point of view who has played since beta,. I do think OPS level gear needs to be better for those that do that type of content. What we had in the crafting system was pretty good for awhile until crafting was thrown into the toilet. I had all purple gear and mods on all my characters because I spent years getting to that point where I was able to craft all these items only to get to a point where it all is obsolete now.

Non of my purple gear was OPS level rating. None. but it was really great gear for what I was doing. Story, Heroics, flashpoints etc. Now enter 7.0 where the lowest scaled gear from conquest is an insult. It's laughable at best. There is no reason whatsoever that this gear shouldn't be upgraded to purple with better rating. The green stats are garbage and Bioware needs to be ashamed at how they are treating a large portion of the player base that has supported them for years. It's like they just threw something together quickly and never bothered to finish it.

At this state I am not leveling anything past 320 until I am forced to and bioware does something to make this better or fix crafting(with a reasonable amount of crafting materials), because we all know that is a sh*tshow. Whoever though using Ops and Warzone mats in green crafted items needs their head examined. Fix scaling, player stats, gear stats, abilities and companions. All this dumbing down of everything at once has killed this game. It was just too much nerfing everything.

Ah that one again.

Tell me which exact Heroics you can't solo, and struggle .

There was 1 guy that was struggling with the Black Hole one, and he claimed that you can't solo that Heroics.

And yet i done it with ease, with no max companion, with crap gear, and on a toon i haven't touched for over a year or so, playing 30% of it's capability. The char 100% didn't have more than 1 datacrons in total.

Read the same story for FP, which was 100% doable on solo as well.

I even attached screenshot.

I never said I couldn't solo a heroic - I said there was challenging content. I can and do solo heroics, at various levels, some of which are more difficult than others.

And good for you that you can run through Black Hole with sub-optimal gear and companion and first go on a character you haven't played for a while and so are rusty on what it does, and I suppose also with a blindfold and one hand tied behind your back (I presume that's what you are implying). You are obviously the uber-player and the rest of us mere mortals simply can't compete, don't know how to play and are otherwise useless!! (yes, I'm being facetious). Just as well then that we DON'T inflict our uselessness on other people by grouping, yes?

And no, I'm not going to tell you "which exact heroics I can't solo". There are a few, but it is completely irrelevant to this discussion if I can or cannot solo them.

Edited by TziganeNZ

I never said I couldn't solo a heroic - I said there was challenging content. I can and do solo heroics, at various levels, some of which are more difficult than others.

And good for you that you can run through Black Hole with sub-optimal gear and companion and first go on a character you haven't played for a while and so are rusty on what it does, and I suppose also with a blindfold and one hand tied behind your back (I presume that's what you are implying). You are obviously the uber-player and the rest of us mere mortals simply can't compete, don't know how to play and are otherwise useless!! (yes, I'm being facetious). Just as well then that we DON'T inflict our uselessness on other people by grouping, yes?

And no, I'm not going to tell you "which exact heroics I can't solo". There are a few, but it is completely irrelevant to this discussion if I can or cannot solo them.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1004912

Level scaling in general is pretty much broken right now. Why alot of lower level content feels alot harder than intended. You can basically just ignore Lord ive already explained this to him in another thread and he basically chose to ignore the part where I quoted the devs telling us companions and some character stats are not functioning correctly. This is also likely why the green set feels so unbelievably weak.

Yeah every should be challenging, not a walk in the park. We are at MMORPG. People like and want challenge, what exactly is wrong with that ?

As far as the Heroics and so i didn't mention your name, didn't I ? But plenty of people were spreading false claims that you can't do x or y things after 7.0.

As far as the "description" about me. Where did i say i'm superior to anyone actually ? I never do.

But the whole trying to lying about certain stuffs aren't doable, just to force a narrative is terrible(talking generally, not about you in specific).

And btw what skill are we really talking in here? SWTOR doesn't require you any mechanical skills at all.

You just need to check certain things, that every single MMORPG require. SWTOR checks tho are a lot lesser to be fair, cause the game is dead easy.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1004912

Level scaling in general is pretty much broken right now. Why alot of lower level content feels alot harder than intended. You can basically just ignore Lord ive already explained this to him in another thread and he basically chose to ignore the part where I quoted the devs telling us companions and some character stats are not functioning correctly. This is also likely why the green set feels so unbelievably weak.

I didn't ignore you, and i already mention what they have said, that they are going to do it. I asked why were are even on this topic, when this was addressed.

Even with the so call "broken" stuff, everything is still doable. They just going to make the game more potato easy.

There is not a single solo content(that is actually intend to be solo) that you can't do currently, if you pass the checks.

I don't understand why people are surprised that high-end gear is only awarded in operations. It takes a great deal of effort to get good at operations and a lot of coordination just to even be able to finish the content. There should be a reward for that extra effort, an incentive to complete the challenging material, and something relevant to enabling players to beat the content more often.

Brontes's jetpack IS a reward for that extra effort

the other jetpack from .. Dxun? Gods? IS a reward

the cybernetic rancor IS a reward..

Yeah every should be challenging, not a walk in the park. We are at MMORPG. People like and want challenge, what exactly is wrong with that ?

As far as the Heroics and so i didn't mention your name, didn't I ? But plenty of people were spreading false claims that you can't do x or y things after 7.0.

As far as the "description" about me. Where did i say i'm superior to anyone actually ? I never do.

But the whole trying to lying about certain stuffs aren't doable, just to force a narrative is terrible(talking generally, not about you in specific).

And btw what skill are we really talking in here? SWTOR doesn't require you any mechanical skills at all.

You just need to check certain things, that every single MMORPG require. SWTOR checks tho are a lot lesser to be fair, cause the game is dead easy.

"Some" people like and want challenges.

Don't tell me that any other MMORPG had challenging leveling. And there has always been a lot of casual players in every MMORPG.

Only elitists believe that the game should cater to what THEY want.

As a former raider, I'd say that there wasn't anything really hard about doing raids either. It was more about patience with dealing with people who can't follow directions, getting better gear in order to beat the content (seems in SWTOR you get the gear BEFORE beating the content, so I'd argue you don't really NEED it either, but heck) and hoping we have enough people who know what they are doing logging on for the raid. If you ask me, master mode chapters are probably more challenging than a lot of raids because there's nobody to carry the bad players.

Edited by Pricia

Even with the so call "broken" stuff, everything is still doable. They just going to make the game more potato easy.

There is not a single solo content(that is actually intend to be solo) that you can't do currently, if you pass the checks.

Have you tried master mode chapters recently? With companions broken they are virtually impossible. There are some legitimate issues that solo players have right now. Even if it was just a matter of increased difficulty, the solo story demographic is generally not interested in the added difficulty and it is driving them away from the game. Losing population is generally not good for any MMO.

Have you tried master mode chapters recently? With companions broken they are virtually impossible. There are some legitimate issues that solo players have right now. Even if it was just a matter of increased difficulty, the solo story demographic is generally not interested in the added difficulty and it is driving them away from the game. Losing population is generally not good for any MMO.

When was MM FP intended to be for solo play i'm wondering this ?

Companions are not broken. Plenty of people are saying complete false stuffs like you can't do this or this, or this is super hard i'm dying 100x times, yet i'm doing it with 30% on character i haven't touched for years, and with 270ish gear.

And again losing population could be for million things. Also tons of people have quit cause the game is dead easy. Maybe some will come back.

But that's not the case, cause the game is still on easy mode.

Companions are not broken. Plenty of people are saying complete false stuffs like you can't do this or this, or this is super hard i'm dying 100x times, yet i'm doing it with 30% on character i haven't touched for years, and with 270ish gear.

And again losing population could be for million things. Also tons of people have quit cause the game is dead easy. Maybe some will come back.

Companions are still broken. They are not performing as intended which is broken. They still do not have the proper differential between Influence 1 and Influence 50 (the Presence stat is still not being applied correctly). Some of this is corrected on the current PTS build where they have at least fixed the issue with missed attacks, attacking CC'd NPCs and using their CCs properly. Just because you can complete content with a broken mechanic does not make it "not broken".

If you are not running HM R4 or full Nightmare runs you don't need this gear at all this gear is rewarded for only R4 HM+ so if you can't do the content you don't need it because the numbers and stuff required can only be obtained from the gear.

332 SM R4 sets you up for HM and 334 for HM R4 will set you up for the nightmare version and so on stop complaining about higher tiers of gear.

They're chapters. Chapters are for solo play, I mean, only one person can really get credit for them, as far as I know.

If you are not running HM R4 or full Nightmare runs you don't need this gear at all this gear is rewarded for only R4 HM+ so if you can't do the content you don't need it because the numbers and stuff required can only be obtained from the gear.

332 SM R4 sets you up for HM and 334 for HM R4 will set you up for the nightmare version and so on stop complaining about higher tiers of gear.

Then by your own words you also do not need this gear unless you are actively in an Op. When you are NOT in an OP then your gear need to be the SAME GARBAGE the rest of must use since according to YOU..... YOU WON"T NEED IT to do ANYTHING other than a NIM OP. So you won't need those stats at all for regular game play.

AS I SAID....

When YOU are NOT doing a NIM OP then your gear needs to be the SAME GREEN GARBAGE the rest of us MUST use. YOU LOSE all the ULTRA OP STATS of your NIM OP GEAR and it becomes the regular GREEN GEAR. Since

If you are not running HM R4 or full Nightmare runs you don't need this gear at all

And won't need it to do Daily's, Heroics, Galactic command, Flashpoints, NON NIM OP's or anything else that is NOT a NIM OP. Edited by denavin

Then by your own words you also do not need this gear unless you are actively in an Op. When you are NOT in an OP then your gear need to be the SAME GARBAGE the rest of must use since according to YOU..... YOU WON"T NEED IT to do ANYTHING other than a NIM OP. So you won't need those stats at all for regular game play.

AS I SAID....

When YOU are NOT doing a NIM OP then your gear needs to be the SAME GREEN GARBAGE the rest of us MUST use. YOU LOSE all the ULTRA OP STATS of your NIM OP GEAR and it becomes the regular GREEN GEAR. Since And won't need it to do Daily's, Heroics, Galactic command, Flashpoints, NON NIM OP's or anything else that is NOT a NIM OP.

I'm happy doing all content in the game in full 330 when I move onto doing R4 and if it drops 332 then I will get 332 and so on so then yes full rakata gear is fine for me until I drop into the new stuff.

I'm happy doing all content in the game in full 330 when I move onto doing R4 and if it drops 332 then I will get 332 and so on so then yes full rakata gear is fine for me until I drop into the new stuff.

Please learn to read what is written and not what you want to read....

I said:

When YOU are NOT doing a NIM OP then your gear needs to be the SAME GREEN GARBAGE the rest of us MUST use.

As far as I know you can only get 330 from doing OP's and according to the elitists

If you are not running HM R4 or full Nightmare runs you don't need this gear at all