Suggestion: dealing with damage farmers

OpenSorce

Here's what I don't get. It's like all these people saying I play objectives yada yada. Don't want any interaction with another player.

That leads to the question why even bother pvping. 80 percent of the fun in pvp is killing them and letting them know how bad they are.

I don't see how sitting in stealth watching a door from 100 feet away or spam capping a node is entertaining. Might as well watch paint dry.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I don't get. It's like all these people saying I play objectives yada yada. Don't want any interaction with another player.

That leads to the question why even bother pvping. 80 percent of the fun in pvp is killing them and letting them know how bad they are.

I don't see how sitting in stealth watching a door from 100 feet away or spam capping a node is entertaining. Might as well watch paint dry.

I think there is a misunderstanding on this matter between the opposing sides. It is quite obvious that whichever team has the better DPS potential has an edge. The reason players complain about damage farmers is they totally ignore objectives:

- they fight at mid all the time in CTF, they never respond to calls on the sides

- don't care about the ball at all in HB

- moving in herds in OPG instead of covering nodes or picking up mods

Edited by varietasplus

I think there is a misunderstanding on this matter between the opposing sides. It is quite obvious that whichever team has the better DPS potential has an edge. The reason players complain about damage farmers is they totally ignore objectives:

- they fight at mid all the time in CTF, they never respond to calls on the sides

- don't care about the ball at all in HB

- moving in herds in OPG instead of covering nodes or picking up mods

Its not a misunderstanding at all.

The "damage farmers" are very well aware of the reasons why people dont appreciate what they do, they simply dont care. All these arguments about damage this and damage that are smoke, they mean nothing, its just trying to save fac and justify the behavior when the reality is that they know full well what the issue is.

Ive heard far too many of them joke about playing objs or "try hards"... they get it, 100%, the y just dont care at all how they affect other players.

Its not a misunderstanding at all.

The "damage farmers" are very well aware of the reasons why people dont appreciate what they do, they simply dont care. All these arguments about damage this and damage that are smoke, they mean nothing, its just trying to save fac and justify the behavior when the reality is that they know full well what the issue is.

Ive heard far too many of them joke about playing objs or "try hards"... they get it, 100%, the y just dont care at all how they affect other players.

That right there is the problem. People don’t care to play objectives knowing they are ruining the fun for everyone. Just okay the objectives as they are intended and everyone will have fun. WARZONE honestly has become so unplayable now since the new update because people think it’s faster to lose multiple Matches to complete weekly then to try to win any. There is a issue with unranked PvP no doubt. Honestly they should just keep like ranked pvp is. 4v4. Enough of objectives but of course people are going to complain about that. No one is ever happy.

That right there is the problem. People don’t care to play objectives knowing they are ruining the fun for everyone. Just okay the objectives as they are intended and everyone will have fun. WARZONE honestly has become so unplayable now since the new update because people think it’s faster to lose multiple Matches to complete weekly then to try to win any. There is a issue with unranked PvP no doubt. Honestly they should just keep like ranked pvp is. 4v4. Enough of objectives but of course people are going to complain about that. No one is ever happy.

Exactly, I don't care for objectives neither do I care if we win or lose. Why force me to specificly play objectives while my impact as a damage farmer could be bigger? You don't have to be good at PvP to click the voidstar door, but you need good people to kill the enemy so you can even get to that point, whenever I see someone playing only objectives I lose any feeling of being in a team with me because looking at the door is more important then helping a teammate and letting him die, just to then also die... I hate these people, you are the one not playing in a team and you can't even see it.

Suggestion: dealing with objective only players.

Edited by ZUHFB

Exactly, I don't care for objectives neither do I care if we win or lose.

Then stop doing regs and queue for SR/TR. Your statement is the very reason why players dislike damage farmers and it is somewhat sad that not only do you not understand it, but you are even proud of it.

Then stop doing regs and queue for SR/TR. Your statement is the very reason why players dislike damage farmers and it is somewhat sad that not only do you not understand it, but you are even proud of it.

I would, but it doesn't pop all the time. It's not like I'd care there, sure being 1489 and losing can be frustrating but I know I'm gonna get there. Without damage farmers most players would insta lose games, farming damage isn't the problem why you lost. 8 damage farmers vs 8 objective players, the damage farmers would win, I mean how are you gonna cap something against the wall of enemies?

Also imagine hating people who PvP in PvP, quite outragous. Clicking a node just doesn't require skill and it's an excuse for themselves and their gameplay by wrongfully blaming your team. You could've also defended or attacked that node by just.... getting gud? Which you would learn from ranked and damage farming / increasing your TTK, but that is hard work - frustrating at times and you could just blame your team instead so why bother.

That's the kind of player who makes these posts. They sit there in stealth waiting to cap a door when noone is looking or even worse they just spam cap the door while eating massive amounts of damage.

I would, but it doesn't pop all the time. It's not like I'd care there, sure being 1489 and losing can be frustrating but I know I'm gonna get there. Without damage farmers most players would insta lose games, farming damage isn't the problem why you lost. 8 damage farmers vs 8 objective players, the damage farmers would win, I mean how are you gonna cap something against the wall of enemies?

Also imagine hating people who PvP in PvP, quite outragous. Clicking a node just doesn't require skill and it's an excuse for themselves and their gameplay by wrongfully blaming your team. You could've also defended or attacked that node by just.... getting gud? Which you would learn from ranked and damage farming / increasing your TTK, but that is hard work - frustrating at times and you could just blame your team instead so why bother.

What I really hate about this discussion is both parties see this problem black and white. It is obvious you see all objective focused players trying to avoid fight at all cost. Yes, there are some acting the way you desribed and yes, they are going to lose.

And vica versa, so long as damage farmers only focus mid and ignore capturing side turrets/carry the ball/covering nodes and mods in OGP (which is 90% of the cases on Darth Malgus), they are going to lose as well against an enemy doing half the damage overall. This is just as real as the scenario you described.

You fail to acknowledge the existence of players aiming for the middle ground: we do fight for the turrets in CTF/AH, the middle zone in HB, etc. But we will also play wise and line up for HB, cover nodes in OPG and stealth cap in CTF/AH. Our fragile stealther won't rush into the middle of the battlefield full of AOE, but do what they are supposed to.

And now it comes down to why we hate damage farmers: while we are playing to win and try to cover the key areas of the map, damage farmers move in herds and global players 6 vs 2 or 6 vs 3. How is that supposed to be fun? How is that supposed to encourage fighting? So you can not blame people trying to avoid such encounters and instead go to a turret totally left undefended and capture it for free or just run with the ball/mod without seeing any enemy on the way for they are globalling someone else on the other side of the map.

Edited by varietasplus

The irony of all this is that if regs players queue ranked and hosed up thier experience their, they would lose thier minds, but its somehow ok to do that to others.

No, they arent the same thing, but the result certainly is.

The elitism of this general attitude that ranked players can do whatever they please in regs, is so very wrong, and part of the reason you cant grow the ranked community.

The irony of all this is that if regs players queue ranked and hosed up thier experience their, they would lose thier minds, but its somehow ok to do that to others.

No, they arent the same thing, but the result certainly is.

The elitism of this general attitude that ranked players can do whatever they please in regs, is so very wrong, and part of the reason you cant grow the ranked community.

Are you paying my sub?

I can do what I want in regs, I do play objectives at the right moments, but only because I respect others time.

Doesn't apply to ranked: if you argue that you play ranked because I don't pay your sub you don't value my time, it's a key difference - nevermind ranked having rewards while regs don't.

Are you paying my sub?

I can do what I want in regs, I do play objectives at the right moments, but only because I respect others time.

Doesn't apply to ranked: if you argue that you play ranked because I don't pay your sub you don't value my time, it's a key difference - nevermind ranked having rewards while regs don't.

Thank you, this is the exact elitism im talking about, right here.

The position that you get to decide what applies or what matters... hint, you dont have that authority.

Thank you, this is the exact elitism im talking about, right here.

The position that you get to decide what applies or what matters... hint, you dont have that authority.

I have the authority when the person I'm talking about doesn't even have a tactical, doesn't matter who they are. If I have alim or ez'mode in my team and they don't have a tactical they are still gonna carry, but they don't do that, they don't even live 15s, they are clickers and say "the enemies go hard on me, what can I do" and then the person wasted my time. From the second I inspect him I know I lost, or at least it's a 3v3 if the enemy team have a bot too. They don't value my time, they don't even value their own time or they would've gotten a tactical.

Sure it's elitism but if you queue ranked without gear, what did expect? "Ah it's fine, we lose this and you will learn nothing just queue again, but it's ok after 10 games you will learn how to blame your team." No, being bad in regs doesn't matter because where else would you learn? Granted you cannot learn ranked in regs but you can learn how to not die in 15s or you can invest the time to get gear, because it's important for new players to know they don't die because they don't have gear, they are just inexperienced and because of that bad.

If you don't value my time don't expect me to value your ego. I'm gonna speak the truth and that person is a bot and we are losing, and thus wasting my time, because of him - and him alone. In regs this never happens, it's impossible.

This thread was guaranteed to cause some type of discourse. I believe there needs to be a distinction in the term "damage farmers" because that specifically refers to stat padders. When I think the OP's issue is more due to people enjoying different competitive aspects of pvp but all being bunched together. I think this issue would truly be solved by adding a game mode/map selection to unranked que.

It's something we've been asking for for years. It would settle the issues with "damage farmers". Because in reality all they usually are are just people who are really trying to Player vs Player but are getting bunched into objective based game modes with other players who actively want to do the objective. Team sizes aren't big enough to just group everybody up into one game mode. Games like Call of Duty and Battlefield are great examples of this. In call of duty you have selective game modes for those people who want to do a team death match or those who want to do SnD etc... Battlefield makes it's server population so big that no matter if you have people who are just out for kills or if you have people playing the OBJ there is enough players for every playstyle.

There needs to be a Unranked Arena Que and then a Regular Warzone que. This would solve a lot of issues with "damage farmers" and people not playing the objective. You'd still have a issue of AOE damage stat padders but as another poster said you could make post game leaderboard stats only visible to the player.

This thread was guaranteed to cause some type of discourse. I believe there needs to be a distinction in the term "damage farmers" because that specifically refers to stat padders. When I think the OP's issue is more due to people enjoying different competitive aspects of pvp but all being bunched together. I think this issue would truly be solved by adding a game mode/map selection to unranked que.

It's something we've been asking for for years. It would settle the issues with "damage farmers". Because in reality all they usually are are just people who are really trying to Player vs Player but are getting bunched into objective based game modes with other players who actively want to do the objective. Team sizes aren't big enough to just group everybody up into one game mode. Games like Call of Duty and Battlefield are great examples of this. In call of duty you have selective game modes for those people who want to do a team death match or those who want to do SnD etc... Battlefield makes it's server population so big that no matter if you have people who are just out for kills or if you have people playing the OBJ there is enough players for every playstyle.

There needs to be a Unranked Arena Que and then a Regular Warzone que. This would solve a lot of issues with "damage farmers" and people not playing the objective. You'd still have a issue of AOE damage stat padders but as another poster said you could make post game leaderboard stats only visible to the player.

Then why would I ever do warzones? I'm still gonna dominate them, if I'm having a bad day I'll just do WZ and still farm kills, I don't see how this would solve anything.

Then why would I ever do warzones? I'm still gonna dominate them, if I'm having a bad day I'll just do WZ and still farm kills, I don't see how this would solve anything.

That's quite literally the point, those who wouldn't normally do warzones wouldn't have a reason to do them or "grief" other players actually trying to do the objective. You would just que for arenas. And this post isn't really directed at the solo players going off and farming kills in objective based game modes. It's more directed at premades (stacks of 4) not playing the objective.

That's quite literally the point, those who wouldn't normally do warzones wouldn't have a reason to do them or "grief" other players actually trying to do the objective. You would just que for arenas. And this post isn't really directed at the solo players going off and farming kills in objective based game modes. It's more directed at premades (stacks of 4) not playing the objective.

totally agree, could take the opportunity to remove group ranked as well considering it seemed there wasn't even enough characters to qualify for the top 3 rewards in the past season

No, that's exactly my point. All the other sweaty tryhards willl be in arenas. But I just want to chill after a nice evening of solo ranked, then what am I gonna do? I'm gonna do warzones, not arenas because then all the "oh I click this thingy and win" people will be there and they are basically freekills.

But, I agree with riku they should remove teamranked

No, that's exactly my point. All the other sweaty tryhards willl be in arenas. But I just want to chill after a nice evening of solo ranked, then what am I gonna do? I'm gonna do warzones, not arenas because then all the "oh I click this thingy and win" people will be there and they are basically freekills.

But, I agree with riku they should remove teamranked

I've already addressed that, this isn't tuned toward the solo sweat lord who wants to feed off of undergeared/inexperienced noobs. Your solo presence in a warzone of 8 people is hardly felt. Go get your easy kills man. This post is more addressing the premade groups who hop in que and pull 4 of your 8 total team members away from the objective to start skirmishes and fights as if they are in arena's. Which is exactly where having an unranked arena que would help.

I've already addressed that, this isn't tuned toward the solo sweat lord who wants to feed off of undergeared/inexperienced noobs. Your solo presence in a warzone of 8 people is hardly felt. Go get your easy kills man. This post is more addressing the premade groups who hop in que and pull 4 of your 8 total team members away from the objective to start skirmishes and fights as if they are in arena's. Which is exactly where having an unranked arena que would help.

Who are they fighting? Nobody? Like if they kill everything and you still can't capture your objective isn't that a you problem? They aren't fighting air, they fight the enemy which in return should increase your impact on the games outcome - but you'd still have to be able to defend and kill someone, which most of the people complaining about premades can't, which is the reason you keep losing.

It's just not the premades man, it's just you. The answer, as always, is just to get gud and win the 1v2 instead of complaining nobody came to help you.

which is the reason you keep losing.

It's just not the premades man, it's just you. The answer, as always, is just to get gud and win the 1v2 instead of complaining nobody came to help you.

Uhm sir what are you talking about? Lol I'd prefer an unranked arena que. I'm one of the people this posts complains about, and I know for a fact I would rarely ever que 8 man warzones if there was an option to que for unranked arena's. And everybody I know and play with feels the same. Your assumptions took a wild turn for the worst there. I win 1v4's in arena's brother. Check my twitch link.

Edited by pantheosthegod

Im a big proponent of play however tf you want. What sucks is the toxicity that comes with these damage farmers. Once you play for a while, you figure out who’s who and you can slowly ignore legacies of the ones you see screaming in chat time and time again. When people start screaming at me, I remind them they can ignore me at any point and never have to worry about it again. I’m not for ignoring everyone… I have 11 legacies on ignore, and pvp has gotten quite a bit more quiet.. some of those are from years ago, too. Kinda funny how you can eliminate most of the toxicity in less than 11 ignores lol.

I’m to the point in pvp where a loss is a loss, just have fun and move on. It does get frustrating being on a bunch of damage farmers teams.. Tbh, I usually don’t queue with many premades, and if I do we are getting drunk and having a good time more then strategizing on how to make the ruler look smaller while measuring my epeen in private so my friends don’t see.

Most of the same people screaming in this thread can be found in about 900 other threads copy and pasting the same things and getting mad reading other peoples copy and pastes.

So in closing, new people in pvp can be a good thing because then new people play pvp. If you scream at the new people enough, most of them probably won’t hang around too long. This is why the same 7 people queue ranked everyday and ask for a tank or healer everyday. This poor tank takes a chance and wants to try ranked, gets pwnd and let the fleet shaming commence. Next day - let’s ask for a healer cause maybe all tanks suck in pvp… rinse, repeat until you’re screaming on a forum in 500,000 different threads copy and pasting stuff. Now that we’ve scared anyone away from ranked, let’s show off in regs by being even more toxic and angry cause queues aren’t popping.

I should leave on a positive note so it worth saying that even the people I ignore, I enjoy playing with still. I learn from most players, especially the very good ones. Just remember to have fun in the end.