As a solo player and atlholic, I really miss 6.0

Pricia

Dont come onto the forums and tell other people to just "adapt" when the devs clearly made some big mistakes with this update that need to be addressed and not simply be brushed off. If you are enjoying the game more power to you go ahead and keep on playing the game. But the reality is a lot of people are extremely pissed off about how ridiculously bad this update was. At the end of the day the best thing that they can do is unsubscribe from the game. Wallets speak louder.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquatic currency is reward from every planet heroic, every weekly heroic mission and every weekly daily area.

Medals are reward from conquest.

You earn both on every alt and its both from solo activities.

Both are used to upgrade gear to 326. This is designed for strictly solo players to have upgrade gear path.

Solo flashpoints are only useful to learn flashpoint mechanics for playing in harder modes in groups.

https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-level-80-gearing-guide/#Conquest_Solo

Thank you for your reply - I understand that you are trying to be helpful. As I said in the second paragraph of the post you quoted, however, I will not suffer through timed missions or be put on a treadmill for what is the worst gear in the game (unmoddable green crap). If it was halfway decent gear, then for sure I would definitely be working towards it, but it's not. It's complete and utter rubbish and not worth my time or effort (or sub money).

Currently, I'm playing catch-up with alts for companion missions for my level 75s, or those areas that I have not bothered with up to now such as Ilum (I always stop at that planet and go straight to Makeb). Those alts that are sitting at 75 are now levelling to 80 in other ways without doing any of the horrible new stuff at Manaan, and that's ok by me.

Edited by TziganeNZ

Thank you for your reply - I understand that you are trying to be helpful. As I said in the second paragraph of the post you quoted, however, I will not suffer through timed missions or be put on a treadmill for what is the worst gear in the game (unmoddable green crap). If it was halfway decent gear, then for sure I would definitely be working towards it, but it's not. It's complete and utter rubbish and not worth my time or effort (or sub money).

Currently, I'm playing catch-up with alts for companion missions for my level 75s, or those areas that I have not bothered with up to now such as Ilum (I always stop at that planet and go straight to Makeb). Those alts that are sitting at 75 are now levelling to 80 in other ways without doing any of the horrible new stuff at Manaan, and that's ok by me.

Sorry, I had an impression you dont know how to upgrade gear to 326 at conquest vendor thru solo-only play.

yes, I agree, I would like gear to be moddable also, but hoping for it in 7.1, at this point 322 is still better stats than 320, right? :)

Bigger problem imo is we dont actually need even 322, since 99% of solo content is -down level synced?

Dont come onto the forums and tell other people to just "adapt" when the devs clearly made some big mistakes with this update that need to be addressed and not simply be brushed off. If you are enjoying the game more power to you go ahead and keep on playing the game. But the reality is a lot of people are extremely pissed off about how ridiculously bad this update was. At the end of the day the best thing that they can do is unsubscribe from the game. Wallets speak louder.

Dont see what is the problem with adapting to new systems, it as valid as unsubscribing is.

we are all adapting to all game changes since 1.0. If we cant adapt, we leave the game.

But, I agree adapting is not easy, not for everyone, but it is possible.

Personally, I never thought I would adapt to going PVP route (GSF) in swtor, I never PVP in any game (mostly to slower reflexes and dislike of "pvp talk"), but I managed and actually started to like GSF now.

Dont see what is the problem with adapting to new systems, it as valid as unsubscribing is.

we are all adapting to all game changes since 1.0. If we cant adapt, we leave the game.

But, I agree adapting is not easy, not for everyone, but it is possible.

Personally, I never thought I would adapt to going PVP route (GSF) in swtor, I never PVP in any game (mostly to slower reflexes and dislike of "pvp talk"), but I managed and actually started to like GSF now.

Please, someone explain HOW exactly to "adapt" ! How to play and enjoy arsenal mercenary when it was ruined and is underperforming? How to "adapt" to the imposibility of completing certain quests ( Ossus, Eternal Championship, Star Fortress and so on) ? How to force myself to enjoy activities i do not enjoy? How to "adapt" and play classes i do not like ( marauder,operative) ? This is a GAME and we are supposed to have fun, not to "adapt" and do endless grind with little reward..

Please, someone explain HOW exactly to "adapt" ! How to play and enjoy arsenal mercenary when it was ruined and is underperforming? How to "adapt" to the imposibility of completing certain quests ( Ossus, Eternal Championship, Star Fortress and so on) ? How to force myself to enjoy activities i do not enjoy? How to "adapt" and play classes i do not like ( marauder,operative) ? This is a GAME and we are supposed to have fun, not to "adapt" and do endless grind with little reward..

Hard to say, it is individual thing, I guess

About Osus, it is doable, pull pack by pack back to room with your Imp allies, they help a lot, use Heroic moment. Sure, you can wipe once or twice, go again.

Dont play classes you dont like, I dont play them either, no need to adapt to that, there is option to play others

Yes, this is a game, it doesnt mean you cant try something new, maybe you will like it, maybe you wont, at least you tried

Hard to say, it is individual thing, I guess

About Osus, it is doable, pull pack by pack back to room with your Imp allies, they help a lot, use Heroic moment. Sure, you can wipe once or twice, go again.

Dont play classes you dont like, I dont play them either, no need to adapt to that, there is option to play others

Yes, this is a game, it doesnt mean you cant try something new, maybe you will like it, maybe you wont, at least you tried

I tried operative and marauder and still don't like them, sorry! They are not my cup of tea, how to explain this? All i want is to play my ranged characters, but at the moment that's impossible, because they underperform even if i tried everything that i could think of - rotations, stats, abilities and so on.

Even had the help of a NiM raider, he did everything he could to help me, but at this point, only the developers can do something about the bottom of the list classes.

I don't know what else is there to be said.

6.0 was much better, 7.0 killed the way I enjoyed playing the game. They are trying to force me to do content that I don't enjoy to improve my gear which now takes more effort for less reward. That's not fun ... leveling new characters was part of my fun now even that is god awful.

Totally understand. I am a solo, casual, story-mode only player with a number of alts across the three English-speaking servers. I am in an even worse position because I flatly refuse to do any group content (Ops, Uprisings, HM/Vet FPs) or any form of PvP (GSF, ranked, unranked, whatever). I will NOT be forced into play styles I detest because the devs have decided that my play style is not required. My highest gear rating is crappy green 320 and that's where it stops for me. I don't do the content to get the materials to upgrade further, nor will I ever do.

So, if my play style is not required, I'm sure that my sub is also not required and won't be missed. Just waiting for the sub period to run out (mid-April), and I will be headed back to EQ2 or see what FF14 brings with their roll-out of 'trusts' for older content.

For those of you saying "Oh, you're just playing Conquest, you have to adapt" - no, I USED to play a lot of different things, and would reach conquest and renown levels as I went (organically). Basically, I had choice about what I wanted to play at any time and knew that I would always get something at least from whatever activity I chose to do (even if it was just for deconstructing for frags). SM flashpoints now don't even drop crappy green gear - you get a few medals and credits and that's it. There is no incentive, no fun, and no reason to continue to pay money for something I am no longer enjoying.

I'm in my house cheering this post!

7.0 is nothing like I thought it would be with regard to story, which is my fault for believing their hype about new story content. Story is the primary content soloers do. Turns out the only new content was changes to the design of the game, lots of new bugs and two FP style trash mob killing sprees masquerading as story. There's literally nothing for true solo players after the trash mob killing. I was never that keen on conquest and GSF is repeats of the same old same old (and not the good same old same old). The new base gear is easy enough to get (320) but there's no point trying to upgrade it on alts (and I have around 75 across three servers) - I'm just giving my alts random green quality gear drops as I'm past caring about whether it's for their spec or not. Only my main on DM has upgraded gear (and nowhere near the level that group-stuff players are able to upgrade to).

I wonder if there's any truth to solo story players also being the high rollers with regard to GTN spend. If we are, BW will be saying goodbye to a lot of revenue this year. I wonder if their lack of roadmap is because they have no new story content coming (a new daily area is not story). If they've really given up on story (one of the reasons I pay a sub; the other is access to QoL things) they should just make the game free for everyone with in-game purchases as their way to raise revenue.

i feel this because I went from having 32 toons to really only using 2. Because between the near constant grinding that I would have to do for just one toon with the insane amount of ARMs needed compared to the other currencies is exhausting. That currencies is a bottleneck that exhaust me to the point where I only really run Ops with my guild or team up for heroics with other guildie.

I wonder if there's any truth to solo story players also being the high rollers with regard to GTN spend. If we are, BW will be saying goodbye to a lot of revenue this year. I wonder if their lack of roadmap is because they have no new story content coming (a new daily area is not story). If they've really given up on story (one of the reasons I pay a sub; the other is access to QoL things) they should just make the game free for everyone with in-game purchases as their way to raise revenue.

Well I can't talk for others but one of the awesome things about all my alts is all their outfits, different color crystals etc... So yeah I've spent money for CCs and unlocks too.

I'm in my house cheering this post!

7.0 is nothing like I thought it would be with regard to story, which is my fault for believing their hype about new story content. Story is the primary content soloers do. Turns out the only new content was changes to the design of the game, lots of new bugs and two FP style trash mob killing sprees masquerading as story. There's literally nothing for true solo players after the trash mob killing. I was never that keen on conquest and GSF is repeats of the same old same old (and not the good same old same old). The new base gear is easy enough to get (320) but there's no point trying to upgrade it on alts (and I have around 75 across three servers) - I'm just giving my alts random green quality gear drops as I'm past caring about whether it's for their spec or not. Only my main on DM has upgraded gear (and nowhere near the level that group-stuff players are able to upgrade to).

Can't say.

Personally, I don't spend much on the GTN.

However, from 2014 through 2016, I spent a LOT on cartel coins.

I just looked up my order history via Amazon.

it's a LOT

The most recent purchase was almost a year ago, I think maybe for GS1 so I could "complete" it on at least one server.

With these changes (mainly gearing / conquest design decisions) they're losing 66% of my business from lost subs.

I see zero reason for me to spend any more $ for cartel coins.

Edited by Darev

Yep, vote with your wallet people. No point in trying to explain anything to the genius that decided that playing too many alts (mind you that means playing the game, buying stuff...etc...) is detrimental. I am laughing out loud...other game devs prolly are laughing out loud too.

Yep, vote with your wallet people. No point in trying to explain anything to the genius that decided that playing too many alts (mind you that means playing the game, buying stuff...etc...) is detrimental. I am laughing out loud...other game devs prolly are laughing out loud too.

I mean I love this game at its core and theres always hope that they'll turn it around but for right now im basically telling anyone that asks to avoid the game like the plague and anyone that is subscribed and struggling to just cut their losses and unsubscribe.

Exactly, vote with your wallet is fine decision whatever it is.

I just did mine and prolonged my sub for another month, I like it with all pros and cons.

I mean I love this game at its core and theres always hope that they'll turn it around but for right now im basically telling anyone that asks to avoid the game like the plague and anyone that is subscribed and struggling to just cut their losses and unsubscribe.

Tbh, it would be more fair to tell them to check the game themselves and decide for themselves.

Tbh, it would be more fair to tell them to check the game themselves and decide for themselves.

Yeah ill just lie and be like yeah you know the game is probably fine definitely waste your time downloading it and enjoy spending weeks grinding for an objectively worse game.

This guy :rolleyes:

you know you arent helping the game at all by trying to defend this right? You arent going to change anyones mind. Im happy your still enjoying the game. Thousands of other players are not. Dont believe me? Go read some of the stickied feedback threads. Literally page after page of players airing their concerns. The dev team has a very REAL problem here that needs to be addressed if they want this game to survive. I can assure you that this is going to have tangible effects going forward in terms of real content drops. Why in gods name do you think that anyone would recommend this game to ANYONE let alone friends in its current state :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah ill just lie and be like yeah you know the game is probably fine definitely waste your time downloading it and enjoy spending weeks grinding for an objectively worse game.

This guy :rolleyes:

you know you arent helping the game at all by trying to defend this right? You arent going to change anyones mind. Im happy your still enjoying the game. Thousands of other players are not. Dont believe me? Go read some of the stickied feedback threads. Literally page after page of players airing their concerns. The dev team has a very REAL problem here that needs to be addressed if they want this game to survive. I can assure you that this is going to have tangible effects going forward in terms of real content drops. Why in gods name do you think that anyone would recommend this game to ANYONE let alone friends in its current state :confused::confused::confused:

Did I say anything about telling a lie? Like “try it, i didnt like it”

Let them decide by themselves

Your opinion is biased, just like mine is, by our personal view which differs from person to person.

You are mentioning forums here - yes, there are unhappy posts here, but that does not mean it is general feeling about game. In every game , forums are place to complain, not to praise the game, so it needs to be taken with big grain of salt.

Did I say anything about telling a lie? Like “try it, i didnt like it”

Let them decide by themselves

Your opinion is biased, just like mine is, by our personal view which differs from person to person.

You are mentioning forums here - yes, there are unhappy posts here, but that does not mean it is general feeling about game. In every game , forums are place to complain, not to praise the game, so it needs to be taken with big grain of salt.

Sorry but if someone asks me if swtor is worth playing im not going say that. Its just not fair to even let someone waste their time. If it were a new player that has literally never touched the game I would say for the class story only. Beyond that dont waste your time. I have a feeling if I let any of my friends that used to play this game download it they would likely no longer consider me a friend.

But since you seem to feel so strongly about this I have to ask. What is it about 7.0 that is keeping you around? Do you honestly feel like this expansion added anything of value and per the topic do you feel that this patch is actually alt friendly? Do you think that this was an improvement over 6.0?

Sorry but if someone asks me if swtor is worth playing im not going say that. Its just not fair to even let someone waste their time. If it were a new player that has literally never touched the game I would say for the class story only. Beyond that dont waste your time. I have a feeling if I let any of my friends that used to play this game download it they would likely no longer consider me a friend.

But since you seem to feel so strongly about this I have to ask. What is it about 7.0 that is keeping you around? Do you honestly feel like this expansion added anything of value and per the topic do you feel that this patch is actually alt friendly? Do you think that this was an improvement over 6.0?

You serious? SWTOR is always going to be worth playing, especially for new people. Just because you are sad, because 7.0 hit your personal agenda(obviously), that doesn't mean there aren't thousands of people that still enjoy the game, and saying the game is not worthy.

Also in your previous post you say you love SWTOR, but reading you comments it's definitely not looking like that.

What is obvious is that you are pissed, because of X reason, and just want the game to burn, yet you claim you love the game, yeah sure .... Strange love that is.

7.0 is not the whole game, it's just an expansion.

I didn't like many of the previous changes/expansion, but was and always will recommend the game, as Story is one of the best(for me the best) in MMORPG history, and just that worth playing through all the classes.

Also there is plenty to do if someone is a new or returning player outside of the story.

Again 7.0 is bad, no doubt about that, but it's an expansion(i wouldn't even call it that, cause in reality it's not).

Also advising anyone to cancel their subs, as you point out, just mean you want the game to DO bad, which totally contradict what you previous state.

Edited by LordVajra

I didn't like many of the previous changes/expansion, but was and always will recommend the game, as Story is one of the best(for me the best) in MMORPG history, and just that worth playing through all the classes.

Yes and no.

I was just replying to a post on Reddit from a new player saying he likes the stories but hates combat because it's slow and boring.

7.0 might be an expansion but it's also ruined some of the gameplay for low level players because they spread out skills too much and nerfed companions. The story will not always make up for boring combat, and right now it's giving a very bad first impression about the game IMO. I mean, boring/slow combat is one of the reasons why I quit when the game came out... I honestly don't think I would have got the patience to make 34 alts if the combat was that way 2 years ago.

Yes and no.

I was just replying to a post on Reddit from a new player saying he likes the stories but hates combat because it's slow and boring.

7.0 might be an expansion but it's also ruined some of the gameplay for low level players because they spread out skills too much and nerfed companions. The story will not always make up for boring combat, and right now it's giving a very bad first impression about the game IMO. I mean, boring/slow combat is one of the reasons why I quit when the game came out... I honestly don't think I would have got the patience to make 34 alts if the combat was that way 2 years ago.

Companions are fine. They are still incredible OP. You can semi-afk, watch TV with your head being on the TV and you will clear the whole story, no problem.

This is MMORPG at the end of the day. Also i don't know an easier MMORPG out there, and more simplified than SWTOR.

Combat should not be 1 click based. This ain't a simulator.

The combat is bad, because the game is 10 year old, and it's Tab targeting. Also like it or not, you have an optimal rotation or so. Even for leveling, and to be fair except for soloing FPS and some Heroics, mobs has always been dying in a nick of second, unless you are using default attack only, which ain't a game fault, but yours.

And btw i can't make mind of anyone. But plenty of friends don't want to touch this game, cause for them it's too damn easy. What you can tell anyone who ask when the game is going to become challenging in the story? Eh, uh, oh .... There is none. It's easy.

SWTOR too easy, and see how many people hate the "easy" mode we are in it.

I get people are different, but there is probably no easier MMORPG on the market than this.

P.P. Playing arounds alts in 7.0 is definitely not a fun thing. Still people could argue that the game is not and should be build around that. I get your point tho.

Edited by LordVajra

You serious? SWTOR is always going to be worth playing, especially for new people. Just because you are sad, because 7.0 hit your personal agenda(obviously), that doesn't mean there aren't thousands of people that still enjoy the game, and saying the game is not worthy.

Also in your previous post you say you love SWTOR, but reading you comments it's definitely not looking like that.

What is obvious is that you are pissed, because of X reason, and just want the game to burn, yet you claim you love the game, yeah sure .... Strange love that is.

Also there is plenty to do if someone is a new or returning player outside of the story.

Again 7.0 is bad, no doubt about that, but it's an expansion(i wouldn't even call it that, cause in reality it's not).

Also advising anyone to cancel their subs, as you point out, just mean you want the game to DO bad, which totally contradict what you previous state.

Im not gonna sit here and defend a game that has very serious issues. In fact I wouldnt even be here if 7.0 were a decent update. They have broken so many systems and just screwed up on basic implementations of the new ones.

- Itemization the CORE of endgame has been turned into an absolute grindy joke taking weeks of grinding content that I dont even want to play to hit cap

- Removal of mods from endgame completely kills any kind of real build variability

- Combat styles which was one of the systems I was REALLY looking forward to doesnt even work for any group finder content. Cant swap loadouts either. Also with the addition of this system I was expecting that I would finally be able to queue for all 3 roles on a single toon. not only did they not make this logical implementation they completely REMOVED the ability to dual queue as heals/dps or tank/dps

- Companions are literally broken right now. You are either blind or running the literal easiest solo content available in the game if you havent noticed this.

One last thing I wanted to address is companions, and their effectiveness in combat. The root cause for companions suddenly becoming worse tanks or not drawing aggro or dealing damage as expected was a bug in how their base stats were applied when loading into a planet or area. This caused some of their stats to be missing or inaccurate, which made things like their taunt ability or area of effect damage abilities miss their target NPC every time. The fix for the companion issue is also coming in the 7.0.2 update.

An additional note on companions and their effectiveness: the Presence base stat does scale in Level Synced content to reflect the amount of base Presence a player would expect to have in that level range. This would apply to Presence earned through character level-up and from equipment. However, the system does not scale any bonus Presence earned from raising the influence levels of companions, so companions with high influence levels will always be more effective across all content where companions can be used.

-To top it all off cartel weapons that people spent REAL MONEY on cannot even be used in endgame currently due to the removal of mods and we now have to wait for them to release weapon outfitter which is coming out when? weeks? Months? It should have been included with the expansion to avoid this scenario :mad:

So yes im a little bit PISSED OFF about it and im going to continue to complain about it until the devs fix it. You can sit there and tell me that im just hating on the game but I have been around since closed beta and I have never seen an expansion this bad. I do not think that I am being unreasonable in telling people that ask me if the game is worth playing that it is not worth playing in its current state. I think it would be disingenuous to tell them otherwise or to simply say find out for yourself. I also dont think its unreasonable to tell people who are NOT enjoying the update to pull their subscriptions. You are welcome to disagree with me but those are also your own BIASED opinions. Im not telling anyone that is currently enjoying the game to stop enjoying it. Im happy people are still having fun with it. Just dont expect me to change my tune until significant patches are released.

Edited by Fossman