The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The gearing changes didn't work. Were all in 330 gear with no effort.

forcedpolitics

All content has a ilvl cap for the drops.

If you gear up into 330 and go do a VM FP you will get the maximum gear that VM FP drops which is 324.

If you walk into a MM FP it will be 326.

The only place you will get 330 drops is wearing 330 in a MM operation.

Thank you for clarifying.

I am not going to bother with 330 gear than. If I had that, then I would not play any other content but guild raids.

I dislike playing old content if it is not going to drop at least equal gear to what I have. So vet mods flashpoints and SM ops are a compete waste of time.

Hardmode Flashpoints to gear my alts and then, I guess nothing lol.

I will just play more pvp, which is something i did a lot of back in 3.0.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardmode Flashpoints to gear my alts and then, I guess nothing lol.

I will just play more pvp, which is something i did a lot of back in 3.0.

You can PvP your way to 326 purple Thyrsian gear which is better than the blue 326 gear from MMFPs. The PvP gear maxes out at 105% Accuracy which is alright if you don't plan to do Ops. So, if you do a lot of PvP, no need to do FPs for gearing.

You can PvP your way to 326 purple Thyrsian gear which is better than the blue 326 gear from MMFPs. The PvP gear maxes out at 105% Accuracy which is alright if you don't plan to do Ops. So, if you do a lot of PvP, no need to do FPs for gearing.

You can also use accuracy augments to get to 110% so its good for ops too.

7.0 was a big middle finger to casuals and solo players which is the majority I think that play this game. 6.0 gearing was perfectly fine, everybody got the gear and finished their alts it worked.

This.

Crafting has been reduced to a pathetic waste of time. If you don't NiM or PVP, you're crap. If you solo or just want a pleasant pastime, you just don't matter.

Tiny bits of story parceled out over years, some of it locked behind group content. Some chapters you can't even bring a friend along without jumping through weird hoops. Nothing at all in support of RP.

It's too bad my $15/month (plus occasional cartel purchases) is worth so much less than the $15/month the elite raiders and pvpers spend.

If it wasn't for the wonderful social guild I'm in now, I wouldn't be subscribing. The game itself has lost so much luster just in the last couple years.

Hi. Some of my guild mates are hardcore raiders and they just unsubscribed and moved to other games. Why? They have 100% operations achievements plus all their characters geared in 330 top to bottom. At this point, they just got bored, there was nothing for them to do anymore.

I'm not speaking for everyone or on anyone's behalf, but what will happen when all hardcore raiders will achieve everything that is achievable and have all the their BiS gear? Will HM/NiM operations become an obsolete part of the game, just like uprisings? Will the gearing system change, to alow casuals access to more difficult content?

^^ This is why catering to raiders is a death spiral unless you have a massive budget and dev team who can keep pumping out new raids every few weeks.

Lo and behold, people who love the Star Wars story experience will happily play new content and old content to their heart's content as long as they don't feel like they are getting screwed (like with an absolute trash green 326 gear path ceiling).

I love story and solo content and occasional grouping (FPs/Ops), planet heroics (solo or group), but instead I've been spending 75% of my game time the last month in GSF which is actually making me want to quit.

Nothing dumber than making people play content they don't even want to play because of such a badly designed gear system.

Edited by Muckbeast

^^ This is why catering to raiders is a death spiral unless you have a massive budget and dev team who can keep pumping out new raids every few weeks.

Lo and behold, people who love the Star Wars story experience will happily play new content and old content to their heart's content as long as they don't feel like they are getting screwed (like with an absolute trash green 326 gear path ceiling).

I love story and solo content and occasional grouping (FPs/Ops), planet heroics (solo or group), but instead I've been spending 75% of my game time the last month in GSF which is actually making me want to quit.

Nothing dumber than making people play content they don't even want to play because of such a badly designed gear system.

Personally i'm more of a solo content/story player, almost everytime i grouped for flashpoints or operations was to help guild mates or friends. Not fond of PvP or GSF either.

If it was my choice, i would just go back to the old gearing system ( armor sets for each class & mods) , introduce new rewards for NiM operations ( mounts, titles, decorations) and focus on what made this game unique ( from my personal point of view) : story. More interactions with our class companions, love interests & persons of interest from our past too .

Personally i'm more of a solo content/story player, almost everytime i grouped for flashpoints or operations was to help guild mates or friends. Not fond of PvP or GSF either.

If it was my choice, i would just go back to the old gearing system ( armor sets for each class & mods) , introduce new rewards for NiM operations ( mounts, titles, decorations) and focus on what made this game unique ( from my personal point of view) : story. More interactions with our class companions, love interests & persons of interest from our past too .

Ditto. And a renown system that makes you get gear no matter what content you play instead of grinding the same weeklies over and over again.

We're all in 330 Rakata from easily farming Nefra, Dashroode, WrithHorror.

are you sure that's not your fault?

your fault that you cheated yourself the gearing treadmill

why didn't you self-nerf your gearing acquisition speed by 75% percent like this guy suggests bioware do to the overall leveling process in the entire game

a horrible facet of modern game design. They need to slow down leveling by at least 75% AND change the loot and reward system back to how it used to be. Also remove level scaling. This game will never attract new players because people get a few hours in and realize the meaningful progression has been removed and the leveling is an absolute cakewalk with no challenge or satisfaction.

you robbed yourself the challenge and satisfaction of taking over 7 months go gear as slow as possible

If people are leaving because they're in 330, it probably has more to do with the fact that we don't have the new Operation yet, and they've already done all other Operation achievements already. There is simply nothing new for them to do until 7.1 comes out.

If people are leaving because they're in 330, it probably has more to do with the fact that we don't have the new Operation yet, and they've already done all other Operation achievements already. There is simply nothing new for them to do until 7.1 comes out.

Shame really.

Us story / solo players need to grind old content over and over again.

Highest gear i have is green 324 on one of my 16 characters.

I feel sorry for Ops players, really I do.

( I'm lying.)

I have been doing nothing but old content for years.

Good news is it's 50% more grindy now.

Yay!

Edited by Rammboo

And when they are done they will just leave again. catering to that group of people is pointless.

And when they are done they will just leave again. catering to that group of people is pointless.

the word for 'em is content locusts.

I don't know what you call a content locust when there is no content though

Edited by Falensawino

Shame really.

Us story / solo players need to grind old content over and over again.

Highest gear i have is green 324 on one of my 16 characters.

I feel sorry for Ops players, really I do.

( I'm lying.)

I have been doing nothing but old content for years.

Good news is it's 50% more grindy now.

Yay!

My point was the claim that they sped to 330 wasn't the main reason why they left. The person I had quoted said they all had 100% Operations achievements, which probably has more to do with the fact they've done all the content, and 7.1 hasn't come out with the new Operation yet.

Personally I do raid, and I have no intention of leaving any time soon.

My point was the claim that they sped to 330 wasn't the main reason why they left. The person I had quoted said they all had 100% Operations achievements, which probably has more to do with the fact they've done all the content, and 7.1 hasn't come out with the new Operation yet.

Personally I do raid, and I have no intention of leaving any time soon.

I understand.

I don't raid .

I play story / solo content that is often locked behind OPs or grindy 4 hour solo FPs.

I have no chance of doing the new story stuff because I won't grind anymore.

Content for all play styles has been thin on the ground for a while.

They need to cater for all game styles if they want to keep their players.

Instead of that they keep shifting between different players instead of making stuff for all.

Prime example was Oricron.

Found out end was an OP.

Didn't even bother starting the planet.

Have no idea what happened there story wise.

Edited by Rammboo

Their problem is that half the population wants it to be easier and half wants it to be harder.

Their problem is they changed a system that didnt need changing in hopes to force people to do more content that they didnt want to do.

We had the old system for years. It was CLEAR we were NOT leaving the game over it...this kind of radical change was a dumb idea that changed far more than just gearing. Bad decision.

• 3 months later...

Honestly the gearing system was way better in 6.0. I feel being able to attain max iRating doing any content you liked was great. Gear sets were awesome too. I think it would have been much better to ADD more gear sets with new effects, and maybe sets that only dropped in operations would have an extra set bonus line with an added stat or effect when done on master or NiM for those looking for min maxxing and prestige items.

I feel like they had a perfectly good system as a base to build off of. They could have added more sets with new effects, maybe allow Implants / Earpieces / Weapons to be set items so you could create unique builds based on 2 sets equipped with whatever effects. And even added Tactical's with new effects to change your gameplay further! I would have loved that kind of system.

It baffles me how this new system seemed to be better in the eyes of who developed it, who seems to be completely detached from the game and its subscribers. Shame. I hope they can rework it back and build off of what they had already had in place, which was not a bad system at all, with more ways for players chasing difficult content/achievements to get prestige either through cosmetic rewards from those activities or slight stat boosts to those drops.

Who knows though, at this point i just hope it can be salvaged but the little to no communication to the community after the hype prelaunch and launch of the game getting the reaction of the community has been disconcerting at the very least but at this point not even surprising.

My biggest problem with 7.0 gearing is that I can get to lvl 80, but I can't craft gear or gear upgrades for my lvl 80 characters. I don't expect to be able to create stuff equivalent to drops from operations, but I'd like the crafting progression to continue to max level. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I've been doing primarily solo content & some pvp (non-ranked) and my highest geared character is at 326.

I haven't completed any ops yet.

But I'll probably try it as soon as I get my army of alts up to 326. It takes a whole lot of time. Which I don't have because I work for a living. :eek:

We're all in 330 Rakata from easily farming Nefra, Dashroode, WrithHorror.

These fights are EASIER than healing a veteran flashpoint without clicking koltos.

Atleast in 6.0 I had to put in some effort by grinding MM fp ques and actually being responsible for my outgoing heals/dps.

You tried, but yea.....you didn't take the necessary steps needed to actually lock best gear behind difficult content.

A massive waste of time and resources. You (Bioware) need to hire a 3rd party consulting company for how to run an MMO at this point, you've clearly lost all employees who can critically think about how it feels for the player in-game.

I don't even know what to think anymore, you guys are all over the place with decisions. An entire expansion of crap we didn't need.

And what do you actually suggest ? You want players to pay their subscription to gear up , and make that basically their main goal for playing the game ? Or you want them to have content to actually play.... Sadly we are getting insane and illogical gearing systems to keep us playing and compensate for lack of proper content . I mean this expansion was like what ? 15 minutes of story ?

6.0 gearing was perfect for everyone . They changed it cuz boyz were complaining about others farming certain MM FP's 24/7 , like those players were bothering anyone by doing so.

My biggest problem with 7.0 gearing is that I can get to lvl 80, but I can't craft gear or gear upgrades for my lvl 80 characters. I don't expect to be able to create stuff equivalent to drops from operations, but I'd like the crafting progression to continue to max level. I don't think that's unreasonable.

You can craft augments. I think you'd consider them 'gear upgrades'. 🙂