Subscription Cancelled

TaniyaStar

Hello SWTOR, This is my one and only post. I doubt that you are interested since you no longer appear to want your players to enjoy the game and have fun. I was on a 6-month paid sub, due to renew automatically in 19 days. But today I cancelled that renewal.

Before 7.0 I LOVED playing this game. Mainly solo, but enjoying all aspects of the game - strongholds, flashpoints, cool gear in the paid Market, crafting, the class stories, just about everything. And even though mostly solo I found other players who are friendly and fun.

Now I have stopped playing. Leveling a character is not longer interesting or fun, it is just a grind. My companions don't work as they should. I hate the new UI. I could go on but I would just be repeating things that others have said in this forum.

I spent a lot of money in this game, I don't regret it, it was totally worthwhile for the enjoyment I was getting from SWTOR.

Now I am going to spend my money in a different game, one that recognizes that people play games for fun.

Over the course of this game, there have been changes I don't like and changes I like. A prudent consumer would probably subscribe accordingly. My point is that even after changes are made that I feel are "bad," other changes will follow. It may not seem like they are listening right now, but there may be more going on than we know. It is my belief that they will tweak things going forward and make things generally better. If you enjoyed the game at one time, but not currently, you really should cancel your sub. Who knows, maybe in a few months you can log in and be pleasantly surprised with the state of the game and decide to sub again... or even just stay un-subbed.

We are still a couple years away from a competitor making a new Star Wars game. In the mean time, I'll hold out hope that their vision for this game produces some positive results. With seemingly less manpower dedicated to developing SWTOR, they most likely bit off more than they could chew with so much redesign at once. I'm holding out hope that the new design of separating class story from combat style leads to some new combat styles (such as tech-based melee combat styles for vibroswords and whatnot).

BRKMSN: "Who knows, maybe in a few months you can log in and be pleasantly surprised with the state of the game and decide to sub again..."

Thanks for your reply, BRKMSN. Yep, I plan to check it out again after the summer because I loved the game before 7.0. I'm not unrealistic enough to expect it to completely return to pre-7.0, but if they fix it enough so it becomes fun to play again I would definitely resub.

After two years of grinding old content in 6.0 only to be presented with a gear grind of old content in 7.0 I'm not surprised in the least that a lot of ppl are burnt out. Especially when u get into a comfort zone of doing content you enjoy and then maybe it's nerfed a bit or ur incentivized for doing new content you either have not tried at all or haven't done for many years. GSF is a perfect example, I tried it but wasn't that great at it so gave it up pretty quickly. Now that I'm playing a lot of matches, improving skill wise, upgrading my ship, and actually getting decent at it I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm also seeing a lot of ppl who've not played swtor, return to the game and loving it. Guess a lot of it has to do with ur perspective on things.

My biggest complaint is that 3 major expansions have come and gone and all I have NEW to show for it is 2 "rocket outs" where I used to have 1. I can no longer rez in combat, and I can't have a few abilities that I used to have (and enjoy) while I run my dailys and FPs because PVP was broken. The answer was so friggin simple, just have 2 separate builds for PVE and PVP. Then you can balance PVP all you want and leave my character alone.

I had my cursor on cancel, but decided to give it a try since I don't really want to put the time in to learn a new game.

Still frustrated. There's no reason why I can't have Overrides, Safeguards, and Dart at the same time while soloing Heroics. None.

You did well, they not care anymore about the game, they try only to sell stuff in the barbie shop until they can by showing a shade (not even 50) of update or joke expansion.

Who hope in a SWTOR "real reborn" i think right now is impossible, at least not with this team actually present.

Better point in a new star wars mmo game, please EA/Bioware team go away from this game :p

I haven't played the game much since 7.0 was released and unsubscribed soon after but today I took the next step and uninstalled the game, I guess I held out some small hope that Bioware would do something to rectify things, but its all too little too late. Bioware Austin seems to be completely incompetent as a dev studio if the past couple of months are anything to go by and I feel like they straight up stole my money.

Hello SWTOR, This is my one and only post. I doubt that you are interested since you no longer appear to want your players to enjoy the game and have fun. I was on a 6-month paid sub, due to renew automatically in 19 days. But today I cancelled that renewal.

Before 7.0 I LOVED playing this game. Mainly solo, but enjoying all aspects of the game - strongholds, flashpoints, cool gear in the paid Market, crafting, the class stories, just about everything. And even though mostly solo I found other players who are friendly and fun.

Now I have stopped playing. Leveling a character is not longer interesting or fun, it is just a grind. My companions don't work as they should. I hate the new UI. I could go on but I would just be repeating things that others have said in this forum.

I spent a lot of money in this game, I don't regret it, it was totally worthwhile for the enjoyment I was getting from SWTOR.

Now I am going to spend my money in a different game, one that recognizes that people play games for fun.

I got 10 more days of game time that I won't be spending in the game and then I won't be returning as well. I feel the same way up until 6.0 it was fine but 7.0 drastically made the game less fun and changed things that made it worse.

My time in SWTOR is limited due to RL demands and even then the RL demands can drag me away from the computer without any notice (anyone looking after elderly parents will understand this). As such I cannot do group content because I cannot guarantee that I will be able to devote the time and attention to the content. So rather than trying and then letting down people by bailing on them after a while because I need to attend to RL issues I simply do not do that content now.

That of course means I am locked out of the current gear progression path with no hope of getting a foot on the ladder even as group content is the only way to get the currencies needed.

I used to have one character for each class - I played them all daily doing their conquests and old gear progression. All but two are deleted now as I simply have lost the will to repeat the same content over them again.

As others have said in other threads this update was a kick in the teeth to casual/solo players and there are a hell of a lot of us.

My time in SWTOR is limited due to RL demands and even then the RL demands can drag me away from the computer without any notice (anyone looking after elderly parents will understand this). As such I cannot do group content because I cannot guarantee that I will be able to devote the time and attention to the content. So rather than trying and then letting down people by bailing on them after a while because I need to attend to RL issues I simply do not do that content now.

That of course means I am locked out of the current gear progression path with no hope of getting a foot on the ladder even as group content is the only way to get the currencies needed.

I used to have one character for each class - I played them all daily doing their conquests and old gear progression. All but two are deleted now as I simply have lost the will to repeat the same content over them again.

As others have said in other threads this update was a kick in the teeth to casual/solo players and there are a hell of a lot of us.

The least they should do is to give solo/casual players the same tier of gears, with proper stats distribution, only with a lower i-rating ceiling (conquest, FPs, SM OPs purple 326. HM, NiM OPs and PvP purple 330), if only just to satisfy the ego of those "but solo players don't need max gear like I do" people. Solo/casual players shouldn't be handed trash just because they don't/can't do "hardcore" group contents.

All good things come to an end eventually. They are seemingly trying to cater to a different type of player than they had been previously, so I guess those who remain will see how it all pans out. I'll be done when my sub runs out as well, and move on to other ventures.

Thank you, Japan, for rescuing America from the brink of caring about Soccer - Stephen Colbert

world cup is going to happen towards the end of this year. USA qualified. some people will care

Men's national team finished 3rd behind Canada and Mexico in the qualifiers

www.espn.com/soccer/standings/_/league/FIFA.WORLDQ.CONCACAF/seasontype/3

Edited by Falensawino

Frustated and haven't playing much, I have 45 characters ready for this expansion, they had completed all the previous content barring pvp ( personally despise pvp now, to many people using hack, cheats and exploits). I keep telling myself this is a prologue and keep waiting for the actual story/ movement forward, instead we get "corrections" to stupid pvp rewards etc. never mind the glitches to the actual fp ( that took a MONTH to correct). I keep asking myself, is this worth sticking around. I have stuck around for 10 years, I am not angry, just numb from the lack of focus on the more aspects that people really want, which Isn't pvp, or other minor crap. We waited an extra 3 months more like 4 because of the hatchet job when it did launch. I am like, my characters I love who have had them nerfed or destroyed (example = bh having to choose between overrides or safeguards, their dps is now terrible) The story seemed to be an after thought with no consideration what so ever. They seem to have forgotten pvp an mmo does not make, War Hammer was conceived on the concept of a pvp game, it lasted 6 months and is now gone, people play this game for the story first and foremost. PVP is strictly an after thought, the story is what draws people to the game, when they abandon the story they abandon their player base. That is how I feel atm, If I want to play wow, or fashion wars ( guild wars) I would go back to those. The reason I loved this game , was the action, the personal story, the romance , it had it all. It feels like they abandoned us and our characters are orphaned in the great beyond ( ok Drama I better stop here :rolleyes: ) This the first time I truly feel like deleting my game since launch and my sub has never been shut down since launch. No regrets, just sad it may be over.