Group quests progression bugged

luvleeladym

While grouped with another player, many instanced quests do not update progression for all players. While leveling a new character, we have come across several group instances that do not update, requiring one of us to exit the instance and reset it.

The latest quest that this happened on was "Stealing Thunder" on Makeb. After killing the isotope5 droid together, we chose to flood the place with lava and had to disable the heat shields. We were standing together and one of us clicked the first interactable. The quest updated for the one that clicked it and not the other player. We disbanded the party and that player went back in to finish it solo, however none of the interactables were clickable, making so that he had to go back out and reset the entire quest.

If it matters: I am playing a Sith Warrior origin - sage combat style, he is playing a Sith Inquisitor - sorcerer.

This makes it very difficult to play together, which is nice to do since we get bonuses for doing so.

Thank you

Edited by luvleeladym

While grouped with another player, many instanced quests do not update progression for all players. While leveling a new character, we have come across several group instances that do not update, requiring one of us to exit the instance and reset it.

The latest quest that this happened on was "Stealing Thunder" on Makeb. After killing the isotope5 droid together, we chose to flood the place with lava and had to disable the heat shields. We were standing together and one of us clicked the first interactable. The quest updated for the one that clicked it and not the other player. We disbanded the party and that player went back in to finish it solo, however none of the interactables were clickable, making so that he had to go back out and reset the entire quest.

If it matters: I am playing a Sith Warrior origin - sage combat style, he is playing a Sith Inquisitor - sorcerer.

This makes it very difficult to play together, which is nice to do since we get bonuses for doing so.

Thank you

I had this happen in the CZ daily area. I was in the group with someone and we went to the sewer mission (forget what it's called) and it did not update for them after we killed the boss and looted the item.

This has happened to me and my friends on Alderaan, Voss, Makeb, more. So many times. I've reported it every time, as has my guild, and had members of the CSR team confirm it. It's still not on the Known Issues list. I don't think they care.

• 8 months later...

Well, months later and its still happening. I have to wonder if they even know how to fix it. I've a gaming partner and he stopped playing for awhile. He recently returned and we've resumed our questing together. We do compatible classes and join each other on class quests, do the planetary and all exploration missions, etc together. It was never the problem it is now, in the past. Consistently, on every planet, we're running into snags where the quest will only update for one character and not the other. It happens in heroics. It happens in the planetary quest, etc. We're also experiencing having to gain quest objectives individually far more than we ever had to before. Its to the point now where grouping is creating more trouble than playing solo. That's not how this game was designed.

I play MMOs to play with friends. If I wanted a single player game, I'd be playing that. It'd be really grand if this got fixed instead of just let go.

• Like 1