Why is my Powertech laughing all the time?

Yavin_Prime

I'm a maxed out light side character that has the Trooper storyline. For some reason I just picked up my second class, powermech, and my character now laughs half the time when I use skills. I've never seen this with any other character and I've played them all. Is this a bug? If so, is there a way to fix it? It's honestly killing the class for me which kind of stinks because I was really excited when I picked it up.

:rod_frown_p:

Its the signal that railshot/High-impact Bolt has procced ("prototype particle accelerator" or something like that is the name of the passive)

That only applies for Adv Prototype/Tactics, so switching to Pyrotech or Shield-tech would get you away from the laughs

Its the signal that railshot/High-impact Bolt has procced ("prototype particle accelerator" or something like that is the name of the passive)

That only applies for Adv Prototype/Tactics, so switching to Pyrotech or Shield-tech would get you away from the laughs

Ahh ok, that's sort of annoying since the buttons those skills correspond to end up glowing when they're ready anyways. I guess I'll go pyro even though I liked the Prototype version.

Several classes have audio linked to abilities or procs, ranging from laughs and chuckles to yells and screams. Vengeance Juggernaut has a chuckle when you use Shatter to proc Ravage, and Vigilance Guardian has a yell when you use Plasma Brand to proc Blade Dance for example. I'm pretty sure vanguard also has a yell noise when they proc high impact bolt, but I don't think commando or mercenary have any, or at least not any I know offhand. Quite a few classes have this to some degree, marauder and sentinel, operative and scoundrel. I like most of them with the exception of the Fury Marauder sound from using Furious Strike, it sounds like vomiting to me.

Several classes have audio linked to abilities or procs, ranging from laughs and chuckles to yells and screams. Vengeance Juggernaut has a chuckle when you use Shatter to proc Ravage, and Vigilance Guardian has a yell when you use Plasma Brand to proc Blade Dance for example. I'm pretty sure vanguard also has a yell noise when they proc high impact bolt, but I don't think commando or mercenary have any, or at least not any I know offhand. Quite a few classes have this to some degree, marauder and sentinel, operative and scoundrel. I like most of them with the exception of the Fury Marauder sound from using Furious Strike, it sounds like vomiting to me.

That's kind of funny that this laugh is the first time I'm noticing it. I guess the rest of the time I thought of it as general battle noises. The laugh just feels so strange in my opinion.

• 5 months later...

Good LORD, the Advanced Prototype BH is burdened with the damn giggling TOO? That stupidity forced me out of my Operative, my Scoundrel and my Commando, and now it's going to claim my Powertech too?

I can't believe they STILL refuse to correct this. They removed it YEARS ago, and then put it back for no good reason, and have obstinately refused to even give us an OPTION to not giggle like a fool all the damn time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before glowy abilities it was one of two ways of knowing somethings ready to be used. The other way was to look at your buff bar... Not particularly a good way when in some serious combat, even more so PvP.
There's quite a few procs that are just gone or don't happen anymore and now with the ability to swap your original class to another you'll hear some of them again, oddly enough. An example is an inquisitor turned marauder, I actually am fond of these sounds as it brings up older memories. 
I have always played with sound because it's very useful to know when things go off and when I am under fire, it tells you a lot of information and used to tell more with these specific sounds.
I would honestly love to see a full return of these with ability to disable them. It's part of the class and when you're comfortable enough it definitely helps the potential of playing with less / no UI - something I rather enjoy from time to time in PvP. More features to make the UI minimalistic would be greatly appreciated imo.