Technological Advancements

ISitOnGnomes

So I started doing the Technological Advancements mission (for the new implants) last week. It was after I hit my personal CQ coal for the week, so I accepted I didn't get the 34 points towards the mission. This week I logged in and did some GSF for the season goal. I hit my personal CQ goal but was awarded no points towards the mission. When I opened a ticket to report the bug and ask for assistance, I was told that I should finish the mission and check again afterwards to see if I was awarded the points towards finishing the mission. How is that even advice? It makes no sense. The entire problem is that my actions aren't counting towards finishing it, how is 'just finish it' a solution?

I have to assume reading comprehension isn't high on the requirements to be customer support and the CS rep assumed I meant finishing the mission wasn't giving me conquest points, but that is clearly not what I was talking about, and the fact that the employee can't understand that is baffling.

Edited by ISitOnGnomes

Yeah, the second CS response just directed me towards the list of known bugs. If it's a known bug why can't they just update the mission text to indicate hitting the CQ goal in GSF won't award credit? At least until they can get it properly fixed. Surely adding one sentence of text isn't a difficult thing, and would have saved myself and others a lot of hassle. Most players aren't going to scour a bug list before doing every random task in game. Edited by ISitOnGnomes

the only thing that reliably works as listed is ranked and unranked PvP which lists 10 and rewards 10 points.

I did a few flashpoints and only received 2 per flashpoint.

Edited by illgot

the only thing that reliably works as listed is ranked and unranked PvP which lists 10 and rewards 10 points.

I did a few flashpoints and only received 2 per flashpoint.

Heroics and Daily Weeklies also reliably give 10 points each, but some of the planets, like Hoth, are time consuming.