7.0 has made my favorite MMO into a chore.

aaronmsh

I’m still trying to be optimistic but I’m finding the game, for me at least, is full of tedious combat, and my only goal at the moment is finishing Season 2 and playing new toons.

I used to log in on multiple characters (up to 10-12) to do conquest each week to grind for endgame sets. Now I really have no motivation to grind for vendor trash greens. I removed the majority of my active characters from the guilds I was in as I have very little motivation to do conquest.

I hope you guys can bring the fun back to the game because at the moment I’m not getting much joy from the activities I used to do that kept me playing for hours and hours each week. Maybe cancelling my sub and taking a break for a while until I see where this debacle ends up is the thing to do.

I never thought the 10th Anniversary would kill my want to play SWTOR, but it really has. I’m not angry, just disappointed.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and you know that if it was crafted, the mats would drop from Ops too anyway. So not a lot of good it does for the average population (but awesome for raiders who can get rich that way though!). I mean, just look at the augments they added last year...

Which reminds me that we're really overdue for a crafting update (they said it was planned at least). All I'm crafting right now is 276 accuracy augments to get me to 110% (because OF COURSE they couldn't add a bit more accuracy on each piece so it wasn't needed) and stuff for CQ/GS2...

I remember being shocked when I first started playing SWtOR and learned some mats were locked behind raids. I hadn't seen that in the other MMOs I crafted in. In Asheron's Call 2, some mats were only in pvp zones. That really spiced things up!

This is why 7.0 boggles me so much.

It is incredibly clear that story and solo content are what have kept this game alive.

And then people group here and there when they really want to.

And in 6.0 that was totally fine and was equally as rewarded as OPs/PvP.

7.0 they went the idiotic elitist, old-school WoW method which isn't even working for WoW any more.

This survey over on Reddit was interesting. https://www.reddit.com/poll/tagel1?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=swtor&utm_content=t3_tagel1

Edited by Damask_Rose

This is an MMO game. Every MMO have a form of grind. If you dont' want grind then don't play this type of game. This is very common and normal, including that this game barely even have any grind to get maximum gear. Getting maximum gear goes way way faster & is way less time consuming than any other MMO so lets stop complaining about that part because it doesn't take a lot of time at all.

You can legit get full 330 gear in ONE week. No other MMO game can provide you BIS gear in that short amount of time nor does that require you to play that much, especially not at the release of a new "expansion". They have massive amount of flaws with this release but the time to get gear is not one of the issues.

Except when I was Beta testing this game there wasn't a grind.

So I should stop playing because of the grind that wasn't there ten years ago?

I play this game because of star wars and it wasn't a grind before.

It is now.

To be fair, I still play the parts of the game I want.

Top level gear? Don't care.

Weekly caps?

If I go over them, still don't care.

Taking twice as long to kill trash mobs or clear content I enjoy, That's my problem.

Telling me to stop playing a game that wasn't a grind before doesn't help.

Edited by Rammboo

It is not uncommon in MMOs for the best gear to be crafted gear that can be sold from one player to another. This game sufferers tremendously from underdeveloped crafting. I'm sure many of us would be overjoyed if we could craft our way to BiS gear if Bioware didn't insist on gating crafting materials behind group content too.

This X 1000.

Gearing thoughts:

I have 320 gear for my 4 characters that have made it to 80th level. The poster said;.... Ok, you will never need better if you only do story content.

That would be fine if the GAME only required story content.

HOWEVER there are in-game quests that requires you to do PVP to get certain companions (Pierce/ M1-4X).

Plus, there are trophies and other such things that are nice to have in a stronghold. So, I have to get out of my comfort zone and do PVP. And you can bet that even though I only do unranked, some of the people that participate have better gear. And you have to grind twice as long if your team doesn't win the matches.

SO..... I'm all for gear that isn't locked up behind NiM and such.

It is not uncommon in MMOs for the best gear to be crafted gear that can be sold from one player to another. This game sufferers tremendously from underdeveloped crafting. I'm sure many of us would be overjoyed if we could craft our way to BiS gear if Bioware didn't insist on gating crafting materials behind group content too.

Yeah this made me chuckle because we all know how crafting ended up for those that spent years dedicating their time, money and resources for it. Bioware has thrown crafting under the bus. It's long overdue that this area gets reworked, but you can bet it will get put off for a very long time because "reasons"

I'm still wondering though - which game had crafting do BiS items? Because I've certainly never played that one.

Except SWG obviously but there were pretty much no drops, it was all crafting...

Asheron's Call had random loot drops that would be improved through crafting. It was very exciting since the gear could get destroyed in the process. When I played ESO, crafted gear was tied for best, but I gather that's not the case any more. My fuzzy memory of City of Heroes is that the best inventions were crafted. This thread has some interesting discussion on the topic.

This is why 7.0 boggles me so much.

It is incredibly clear that story and solo content are what have kept this game alive.

And then people group here and there when they really want to.

And in 6.0 that was totally fine and was equally as rewarded as OPs/PvP.

7.0 they went the idiotic elitist, old-school WoW method which isn't even working for WoW any more.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, surveys like that are not scientific but that is even more extreme than I would have expected.

Why are you still playing Star Wars The Old Republic?

#1 by a mile: 2,300+ Story (Main Arcs, Story Arcs)

Flashpoints, OPs, etc. with only 302! Nearly as many people play for roleplay (252).

Edited by Muckbeast

I've played eve online for years. I even used 7 accounts for multibox farm & was partly controlling a major 0.0 alliance. So just more assumptions being kicked from you xD

Yet it is you who is very slow on the uptake.

And no, conquest gear cannot be had in a week. If you want 326 from conquest alone you need minimum 3 weeks for that, for a single toon. Funnily enough, the "you don't need the better gear" should be pointed back at you: Make a team of people just in 322 green SM OP gear and tackle all the SM OPs then. Without augments to start with, and then you can try with purple augments to see how it ends up. If you are so ubar you should be able to properly assess whether the gear is truly enough. Now hush hush, make it happen, so you can prove you are right. Otherwise ... shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

In any case, it is way more complex:

• One more point about the new items: Look at the iR distribution. SM OPs give you green 320/322 gear, while VM FPs can drop blue FP gear which goes up to iR 326. Upgrade cost is also very weird and rather extreme for some stuff, while weirdly cheap for other things. This is just a big mess, nothing else.
  • Limited access to existing content. HCs, FPs, and also OPs, if you want additional bonuses, are limited down to a specific subset each week. They replaced an optional grind (HS + TC) with a forced one, which doesn't solve anything. Now they are backpaddeling already on HCs and weeklies, which is too funny. So much wasted time they could have used for more useful things really.
  • Reputation nerf. Except for the Voss weekly, all others are enabled/disabled according to the BW defined schedule. Unfortunately, these weeklies are not new missions, but they recycled the existing one which contains the purple reputation item, giving you 1.4k rep (base). If you want to level rep during "off" times, you now have to put a lot more effort in, pretty much run all missions twice to get the same reputation as with running them once + weekly. Luckily, it hits only few places that heavy, but it is a "stealth nerf" like so many other things. That will hopefully get fixed with the next patch as well.
  • Level scaling. This is broken, nothing else can be really said about it. My 80 PT tank toon runs around with something towards 3.7k HP on DK while a level 60 whatever in leveling equip has almost 4k. As a hardcore raider you certainly remember the HP values in OPs in 6.x, scaled to level 70. Check the HP stuff nowadays in level 70 environments. It is all across the board, and often less than what it used to be, which also means everything else is potentially nerfed alongside. Be happy they moved the OPs to level 80 only, otherwise the likes of you would have stormed the barricades already.
  • Companions. Presence is being scaled, and that impacts the performance of the companions. Add to that a truckload of technical debt, as in already existing bugs with companions, which now through all these nerfs go from small annoyance to actually broken. I often played with comps as healers (is also default setting), so I was aware of a lot of the issues pre 7.0 already, and dealing with them has become paramount even in "simpler" situations now because of it.
  • Conquest. Big nerfbat has been applied here to make this entire process much slower. If you don't do commanders, this is one of the sources for flagship plans. Small guilds have only so many active members, and you certainly cannot assume each and everyone having 20+ alts. Opening a new room on a guildship costs like 3-5 or so purple plans (aside of other things), each made from 50 blue ones, and conquest gives you 1 blue plan, per toon. This is clearly a longterm project by any means (not "you want everything right now!"), and now with the conquest nerf it becomes a crawl, also because people drop conquesting on many alts altogether.
  • Leveling experience. There are periods of nothing where you play with the same set of actions for multiple levels. This is maybe fine towards higher levels, but at low levels? Not exactly a nice impression. Already seen players wondering about this, although not many. No idea about the current influx of new people.

A lot of all that spells "play SWTOR our way" instead of "play SWTOR in whatever fashion you like", combined with more grind, forced repetition (wasn't the idea to get rid of repetition?), and an insane new item system which has some really weird quirks as far as I can tell. Top that off with a mere beginning of new story stuff and an exhaustive list of bugs everywhere.

The icing on the cake is that we get some management blubber from someone like Keith stuffed our way, "grand vision" and "look at all the bugs we fixed!" (many of them shouldn't have even left the developers desk in the first place), or things like "oh this wonderful shared tagging!" (which was a must if you push all the players through the same areas, and existed as a technical solution in games 30 years ago already, nicely done!), so players pull the plug. It is a game, and you play them to have fun, simple as that.

If it stops being fun you can either start making a lot of ruckus, or you leave, and many have opted for latter option, because BW time and again has shown ignorance (as an entity, how this comes to be is another matter, the result is what counts in the end, though).

I'm still wondering though - which game had crafting do BiS items?

The games with better crafting systems are usually also more complex to begin with, which means the concept of "BiS" often becomes a "depends on". The complexity is also a factor which prevents more normal players to ever pick this up, aside of knowing about them in the first place. Look at Ryzom, for example. Is as old as WoW, btw.

Funnily enough, the "you don't need the better gear" should be pointed back at you: Make a team of people just in 322 green SM OP gear and tackle all the SM OPs then. Without augments to start with, and then you can try with purple augments to see how it ends up

Actual wall of text so I didn't bother to read more than first 3 sentences, but are you actually high or just a troll?

That's legit what everyone did with 320 green conquest gear the very first day of 7.0? Went with full 8 man group & blasted through SM like always with 320 no augments(who the hell would even augment such gear, massive waste lol) & farming it on multiple toons. I'm sorry but there it's literally not possible that you're not a troll. It's literally zero issues to clear them with 320 gear in SM :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Edited by dready_tv

That's legit what everyone did with 320 green conquest gear the very first day of 7.0? Went with full 8 man group & blasted through SM like always with 320 no augments

Ok, we are slowly getting somewhere, but I feel like having to deal with kids, slowly pulling out information piece by piece ...

Aside of the fact "everyone" is maybe from your point of view, but many actually didn't. I doubt you did all OPs in 320 unaugmented gear: Which ones we are talking about? And you mentioned farming, so I bet it was the more easier stuff for faster run through, because mechanics heavy bosses automatically drop your DPS because of it.

What I want is some assessment of things, including running into soft enrage etc. as 7.0 has been all across the board. You also have to assume that while you may know things by heart and optimize things fast (because you need(ed) to), others are by far not on that level. Do you think a more random group of players would be able to do it in 320 unaugmented gear? I've seen soft enrage on Grob'thok, for example, with a mixed team. Made it luckily through it, but the timer on the wipe was clearly ticking already.

Maybe, to give some context here what I'm aiming for: In a different MMO you can create obscenely overpowered toons via equipment. Combined with player experience this can create toons which are as powerful as an entire team of newbie players. From the viewpoint of such a toon a lot of things are "easy", but can be a nightmare for normal players. This is where a more detailed assessment helps and can put things into perspective for everyone involved. For example, if something was "borderline" for experienced players in more normal equip, then a less experienced/able player has to have better equipment than that to compensate for this fact.

I checked yesterday with an assassin tank toon, and the difference between 306 + purple/blue augments vs. 320 unaugmented is very small, slightly in favor of the 320 stuff, at least for level 80 content, and only for the tank stats specifically (didn't check damage related things). On my PT tank the boost through better gear + adding augments was substantial, i.e. feels way tankier than in 320 unaugmented gear. This is why I'm looking for better "data" about all that, to get a less subjective and more objective picture of things in 7.0.

• (unnecessarily complicated and elitist gear path system)

• Limited access to existing content.

• Reputation nerf

• Level scaling. This is broken, nothing else can be really said about it.

• Companions. Presence is being scaled, and that impacts the performance of the companions.

A lot of all that spells "play SWTOR our way" instead of "play SWTOR in whatever fashion you like", combined with more grind, forced repetition (wasn't the idea to get rid of repetition?), and an insane new item system which has some really weird quirks as far as I can tell.

^^ All of those listed items are a huge problem, but the worst of all is what you mention in that final paragraph.

MMO devs shouldn't try to force players to play the way devs want them to play.

They should pay attention to how players play and continue to add more depth and variety to those gameplay paths.

I imagine they have internal data that shows even more clearly how ~90%+ of their population is primarily here for the story, solo, and conquest content.

Survey: https://www.reddit.com/poll/tagel1?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=swtor&utm_content=t3_tagel1

Edited by Muckbeast

The "average" player doesn't need the gear & you don't need the gear if you don't do that kind of content.

Simple. Every MMO have top gear locked behind the hardest content. So lets move on from this nonsense.

And actually some people have full Rakata gear with Nefra farms only & have full 330 Rakata gear so what are you on about?

Gotta say, I really hate this sort of attitude from players, It's pretty much gate keeping. This sort of, if you aren't part of a premade fixed team that spams NiM Ops you shouldn't have access to the top gear, cause you don't need it. So, question, how does people not playing the same way you do getting decent gear take away from your fun? While your philosophy on the game decidedly takes away from everyone else's. Literally every post I have ready from you on this thread has had this tone to it.

I don't post much on forums, but I need to start here. I have loved SWTOR since launch, but the changes to gearing is patently regressive. the UI sucks, the content is short, and they probably spent a ton of money on changes that would have been better spent somewhere else. I do think that devs need to hear this feedback and hopefully listen to what the majority of players want and how they play, rather than a small group of gatekeeping elitists. Basically the feedback is overwhelmingly bring back 6.0 gearing system. You can make the gear fix some of the issues with that rather than trash the whole thing an go back to ...whatever this was.

Asheron's Call had random loot drops that would be improved through crafting. It was very exciting since the gear could get destroyed in the process. When I played ESO, crafted gear was tied for best, but I gather that's not the case any more. My fuzzy memory of City of Heroes is that the best inventions were crafted. This thread has some interesting discussion on the topic.

This made me smile cause of the City of Heroes reference, but, yes, the purple IOs and generally IOs changed CoH/CoV's entire meta. You needed the recipe though, however purple recipe drops could come from almost anywhere so long as you were of a level to use them. Even then alot of the top builds didn't even have the purple sets as a key feature in them. CoH was a great game for customization, you could make almost anything work really well. But it was math heavy. Even so if you didn't want to go through that, you could still get through anything aside from incarnate content with a decent team sporting high level SOs and HOs.

Gotta say, I really hate this sort of attitude from players, It's pretty much gate keeping. This sort of, if you aren't part of a premade fixed team that spams NiM Ops you shouldn't have access to the top gear, cause you don't need it. So, question, how does people not playing the same way you do getting decent gear take away from your fun? While your philosophy on the game decidedly takes away from everyone else's. Literally every post I have ready from you on this thread has had this tone to it.

I don't post much on forums, but I need to start here. I have loved SWTOR since launch, but the changes to gearing is patently regressive. the UI sucks, the content is short, and they probably spent a ton of money on changes that would have been better spent somewhere else. I do think that devs need to hear this feedback and hopefully listen to what the majority of players want and how they play, rather than a small group of gatekeeping elitists. Basically the feedback is overwhelmingly bring back 6.0 gearing system. You can make the gear fix some of the issues with that rather than trash the whole thing an go back to ...whatever this was.

Same majority of people type of post. Who are they, the 20 people(more like 5, creating multiple threads) ?

Got no problem with your feedback, but people should stop using this word, trying to put more weight into their opinion, it's just laughable.

Majority of people just play the game, they pretty much never even open SWTOR forums, Reddit or so. They spend their time playing, not standing in the forums and then wondering why the "majority" of people feedback is not listen by the Bioware, EA, etc. :D

Same majority of people type of post. Who are they, the 20 people(more like 5, creating multiple threads) ?

Got no problem with your feedback, but people should stop using this word, trying to put more weight into their opinion, it's just laughable.

Majority of people just play the game, they pretty much never even open SWTOR forums, Reddit or so. They spend their time playing, not standing in the forums and then wondering why the "majority" of people feedback is not listen by the Bioware, EA, etc. :D

So the majority of people I am talking about are from discussions I have read or participated in from places like reddit, and multiple discord servers, discussions in game, and just about every forum post I have read about 7.0 so far. Whenever I see someone loving the gearing system it is from a very small and vocal minority of full time NiM raiders, and the consensus there is ya'll don't need it; top gear is for us. So yes, I do believe this is a majority I am speaking for here. And, yes you are right, most people playing the game never look at the forums, I for the most part am one of those people. Why I am here giving this feedback cause... the other option is to just leave. SWTOR has already seem some fairly painful player exoduses, I'd rather not have to go through another one.

So the majority of people I am talking about are from discussions I have read or participated in from places like reddit, and multiple discord servers, discussions in game, and just about every forum post I have read about 7.0 so far. Whenever I see someone loving the gearing system it is from a very small and vocal minority of full time NiM raiders, and the consensus there is ya'll don't need it; top gear is for us. So yes, I do believe this is a majority I am speaking for here. And, yes you are right, most people playing the game never look at the forums, I for the most part am one of those people. Why I am here giving this feedback cause... the other option is to just leave. SWTOR has already seem some fairly painful player exoduses, I'd rather not have to go through another one.

Yeah once again trying to gain weight on your opinion using the majority.

I doubt that you reach the majority in the game. I doubt that you can reach even the 1% of the player base and their opinion on whatever.

As far as the forum and reddit, it's exactly the usual 5 suspects that are doing all the crying, moaning and making thread after thread, and every page is filled with their opinion that is always the right one, and that it's always the "majority".

Plenty of people(i won't talk with the majority or the minority, cause this is b.c., as already stated) to be fair like the new gearing system, and prefer the game to be more of a MMA with actual end game stuffs getting from Group Content, as it's supposed to be, it's MMO after all.

And NO this ain't my opinion, but i'm not going to act like my is the majority or so, cause this is a pure lie.

Again it's proven million time that the majority of people never ever gets their hand on forums, reddit and all kind of b.c. discussion wasting their time.

Saying all that i also don't like the way new gearing system works. Neither that they remove the Renown system, which was great, and gave you sense for progress after you hit max level.

They didn't need to waste their time and money, which obviously wasn't much, as having in mind what a dog.... short content we get in 7.0. If something is not broken, unless you are 150% sure you going to improve it, just don't touch it.

But i'm not going to act like i'm the majority, or such nonsenses to put more weight into my opinion.

Plenty of people are happy with the current state. The game is quite active, a lot of people like it that way.

Going at the Fleet and ask about that, and you see that mostly everyone are okay with it.

At the end of the day i prefer to instead of cry, to just adapt.

Won't throw threats that i will quit or so, you either do it or not.

Which doesn't mean i like the 7.0 changes. Pretty much not like any of them. Also Combat Style for me are irrelevant as i don't mind playing different character for the story.

But for a lot of people it's a very good addition.

Anyway people may cry a river i just don't see them change the gearing back to what it was. Maybe they will introduce similar system to Renown in the future, as for me at least it was a great.

BTW, i'm mainly a solo player. I play groups only when i got plenty of time(aka at some weekends), and when i'm 100% relaxed, which is not quite often. :D

Edited by LordVajra

But i'm not going to act like i'm the majority, or such nonsenses to put more weight into my opinion.

Plenty of people are happy with the current state. The game is quite active, a lot of people like it that way.

Going at the Fleet and ask about that, and you see that mostly everyone are okay with it.

At the end of the day i prefer to instead of cry, to just adapt.

Won't throw threats that i will quit or so, you either do it or not.

Which doesn't mean i like the 7.0 changes. Pretty much not like any of them. Also Combat Style for me are irrelevant as i don't mind playing different character for the story.

But for a lot of people it's a very good addition.

This is a really weird hot take since you do seem to be in the majority opinion. You don't have to go to the same five redditors to get this feedback either. This is from again, what I see and hear in game and on various discord servers as well. And most ie - A MAJORITY, don't like the new gearing system, and would prefer to have something like renown crates back. Sure a lot of them are too apathetic to bother writing on the forums here about this but if you think I am among five people you're either not paying attention or don't know how to count. This is not me trying to manufacture weight to my opinion. I am saying what my experience has been discussion this with a large variety of people. Some don't care, some hate it (maybe you can argue that the don't cares are the majority but if they are it's by a small percentage), and only a very very small number of people actually like the new gearing system. It's evident everywhere. not just hear or reddit. Again I am one of those people that despite discontent usually don't bother with forums, but I am fed up and voicing an opinion shared by nearly everyone else I talk to. Anyways, I am remembering why I don't bother with forums, just wish there was a better way to be heard. :D

This is a really weird hot take since you do seem to be in the majority opinion. You don't have to go to the same five redditors to get this feedback either. This is from again, what I see and hear in game and on various discord servers as well. And most ie - A MAJORITY, don't like the new gearing system, and would prefer to have something like renown crates back. Sure a lot of them are too apathetic to bother writing on the forums here about this but if you think I am among five people you're either not paying attention or don't know how to count. This is not me trying to manufacture weight to my opinion. I am saying what my experience has been discussion this with a large variety of people. Some don't care, some hate it (maybe you can argue that the don't cares are the majority but if they are it's by a small percentage), and only a very very small number of people actually like the new gearing system. It's evident everywhere. not just hear or reddit. Again I am one of those people that despite discontent usually don't bother with forums, but I am fed up and voicing an opinion shared by nearly everyone else I talk to. Anyways, I am remembering why I don't bother with forums, just wish there was a better way to be heard. :D

Saying something as majority, and talk about large variety of people is exactly that. You got zero proof of that.

Again people in the Fleet seems to be happy with the 7.0 gearing. A lot of old players base that are into groups actually are liking this one as well. I can tell you that vast majority of people are happy, but that's going to be a lie, cause no one knows the real number of playerbase.

We don't know the exact number, but they may very well be 100 or 200k.(not active at one time, but actually active players that play at some point through the day), so you got the opinion of how much exactly people ???

You sat it's not 5 people, but on here it's 5-10 that are vocal and creating multiple threads and page are full with their comments only.

How many of them are on Reddit actually ? How many just talk, and not actually play the game ? Most Reddit users spend most of their time complaining about everything and barely find times play the game, as they are constantly on Reddit.

Anyway what is their number 10-20, maybe 50.

Even if it's 100 or 200, how is that the majority? Hell this ain't even a minority. It's a damn small number, probably around 0.01%.

Maybe vast majority of people are not happy with the changes, or maybe they are, nobody knows, cause like i say the actual vast majority of people just play the game, and don't wanna waste their time in forums.

As far as Discord in most servers there is barely any people in there.

So why you not show all of this "majority" of people in Discord and their opinion. Show that channel and see how many players are actually there and don't like the new changes.

Also it's a proven fact that a lot of people just don't like changes, whatever they are good, bad, ugly, and at first always start moaning. But after a while they actually start to like it.

Plain example is Galactic Renown, previously known as GC. At first people hating on them big time, and the way gearing was working. Then people used to them and actually started to liking them, and they were great addition.

Hell, people weren't happy with the gearing at 6.0 and pre for quite awhile, but after that they were okay with it.

For me personally MMORPG game evolving and it's not what they were before, aka most of the stuffs restricted to group content. And while i believe there should be such, Gear definitely shouldn't be.

Players should be able to play the way they like and progress in their own tempo.

Though saying all that, my main problem actually is with Devs and the zero communication.

At every patch/expansion to the changes they make, they should f***** write a DEV NOTE and explain what is their vision about the X thing and why they are making the changes to the X, Y thing and so.

There should be a Road Map as well. This should 500% be a thing.

YAgain it's proven million time that the majority of people never ever gets their hand on forums, reddit and all kind of b.c. discussion wasting their time.

Quantify this statement of yours with validated and verifiable proof; otherwise, it is just your opinion, a subjective opinion, you are trying to add weight to using a straw-man argument. Provide your "proof" with documented evidence to support your ascertain; otherwise, stop trying to use a counter-argument based on your demeaning passive aggressive posts.

As someone who is intimately acquainted with retail and commercial customer service and satisfaction, dealing with customers, business, and corporations, banks, federal and state governments, it is those customers who you never hear from that cause the most financial damage to a company when they stop buying, using, in this case, playing. A statistician can extrapolate using Steam's data to show how the game is affected over all and be really close within a margin of error of +/- 3% or so.

This is the kind of thing I teach at the collegiate level. BW/EA weakest link is its Customer Service, it is the worse I've ever seen or had to be involved with, and I am speaking professionally. CS is what we are seeing now from all who are involved with BioWare and they are making this situation worse by each post they make.

Steam's transparency of those logging in to play the game is a mirror of what it looks like in total. I can safely say that what is happening that we cannot see is BioWare's own metrics show the very same thing, except at a higher percentage.

Do you believe Chris, Keith, and the rest have, after a month of total silence from them, started posting what they are doing, out of the goodness out of their hearts? No, they are in damage control mode and trying to stem the hemorrhaging of subscribers and players from all platforms and it is not working. They are only making things worse.

Leave your feelings about the game and the company at the door, open your eyes to all platforms where discussion is happening and remember those who do not come here or in-game either, announce they are unsubbing, they just do it and walk away are the largest group to do so, mostly likely never to return.

Those who experience such a terrible experience as we are seeing right now, about 75%, will never return and 100% of them will share their experience to a minimum of 16 people by word of mouth and 100 plus through social media. This is propagated at an exponential rate and embellished as it is shared. This is a nightmare scenario for BioWare and add in online Gaming Magazines jumping into the equation with their Op Eds is exacerbating everything.

Follow up: For satisfied customers, they will tell only 8 people word of mouth and half the number via social media platforms for which those listening or reading may tell others; however, since it isn't bad news, they don't deem it necessary to share.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre
Additional Information

Also it's a proven fact that a lot of people just don't like changes, whatever they are good, bad, ugly, and at first always start moaning. But after a while they actually start to like it.

Thing is, a lot of people are not happy with the changes. Whether they are the majority or not, no idea. They still play the game, but like with other stuff, certain people complain immediately, and for others it takes a longer time before they pull the plug. Like some relationships which are technically already broken go on for a year or even two before the involved people come to fully realize that this doesn't work, while outsiders see it much earlier already.

Thing is, BW is already doing a 180° on FP and HC weeklies. They will need to do that on more stuff, because 7.0 feels like someone had an idea, but instead of validating this before actually putting it into place they just did that and declared it part of whatever "vision" they are following. I have a good few books where on the cover you read things like ISO26262 and DO-178C and similar things. In that context you have to make sure that even your design is sound, in fact, unless you are Boeing, even your design is crosschecked and validated in detail, must be, to fulfill the process requirements. Contrary to that, MMO game design is often done in ebony tower contexts where (mostly younger) designers fly high about ideas and whatnot, just to repeat mistake after mistake which people like them have done decades before already. And not only that, these designs are often not even consistent in themselves. Now look at 7.0 and try to tell me how everything fits together. There are some threads which connect the pieces, but there are also many cuts which don't make sense in the slightest bit. Furthermore, you see someone just wanted to run through a wall of concrete and you see how 7.0 worked out in the end: They failed, miserably. Quite unsurprising to everyone who was not sitting in that ebony tower, because quite a few of the ideas were of the type "accident waiting to happen".

Now take that and have a look at the players in the game. Start listening to them, and I don't mean the stuff (junk?) on general, but the things said between the lines, the overall mood etc. Don't ask me where the bottom is, but it is certainly not pointing skywards.