Failure of 7.0 and my personal decisions for unsubscribe

Jolly_V_Roger

Hello to everyone.

With a very heavy heart I write this post because a ten years cycle has come into an end.

As a founder my self, I have seen all the kind of changes someone could have seen. Some changes were good, some were bad, but in general until the 6.0 I could say that the goods were overcoming the bad.

For me, the first major hit came when we changed the tree skill point system to the uniformity of one class, standard skill set. But I found the game flexible enough since we can still customize our stats through mods, armors etc. etc.

Now, at 7.0, the developers took that also. All of us will end up being clones with different outfits.

I can imagine two reasons for that. Either they were bored of trying to balance the characters with so many options the players were having through armor set bonuses and mods/armoring choices either they actually had nothing new to offer and decided to bring the game in a primitive pre 1.0 situation without armor bonuses and stat customization.

I mean like literary it’s like an alpha version.

I tried to endure.. really. I really tried. But I simple cant. It’s like I’m playing a washed up version of what we were used to play.

So I’m just dropping the game, unsubscribe and hope in the next ten years for things to become as they were. A complex multi angle mmorpg rather a washed up version to what it was.

I know developers don’t give a **** about what we thing, especially if a player or two unsubscribe. What I know further is that corporations in general hear their customers only when they see that the products fail to sell. I rally everyone who things the same to unsubscribe and pass the message to as many people as they can. I mean, when sales drop, they will hear us out.

Either way. It was a nice trip with its ups and downs. Unfortunately it came to its end. Let’s hope that the game will catch up to its former glory in the future.

In case I don’t see you... good afternoon, good evening and goodnight! 😊

Edited by Jolly_V_Roger

Hello to everyone.

With a very heavy heart I write this post because a ten years cycle has come into an end.

As a founder my self, I have seen all the kind of changes someone could have seen. Some changes were good, some were bad, but in general until the 6.0 I could say that the goods were overcoming the bad.

For me, the first major hit came when we changed the tree skill point system to the uniformity of one class, standard skill set. But I found the game flexible enough since we can still customize our stats through mods, armors etc. etc.

Now, at 7.0, the developers took that also. All of us will end up being clones with different outfits.

I can imagine two reasons for that. Either they were bored of trying to balance the characters with so many options the players were having through armor set bonuses and mods/armoring choices either they actually had nothing new to offer and decided to bring the game in a primitive pre 1.0 situation without armor bonuses and stat customization.

I mean like literary it’s like an alpha version.

I tried to endure.. really. I really tried. But I simple cant. It’s like I’m playing a washed up version of what we were used to play.

So I’m just dropping the game, unsubscribe and hope in the next ten years for things to become as they were. A complex multi angle mmorpg rather a washed up version to what it was.

I know developers don’t give a **** about what we thing, especially if a player or two unsubscribe. What I know further is that corporations in general hear their customers only when they see that the products fail to sell. I rally everyone who things the same to unsubscribe and pass the message to as many people as they can. I mean, when sales drop, they will hear us out.

Either way. It was a nice trip with its ups and downs. Unfortunately it came to its end. Let’s hope that the game will catch up to its former glory in the future.

I haven't been playing as long as you, but I did fall in love with this game over the short time I played. I thought swtor was going to be my MMO home for a little while, but 7.0 is probably one of the worst MMO 'expansions' I've ever seen (and I've seen some bad ones). There's not much positive about any of the changes they made. Gear grind is worse, conquest grind is worse, UI change is worse, my lvl 50 companions all suck crap now, the skill pruning was done poorly, the limited group finder for random flashpoints sucks. On the positive side combat styles... yay. I unsubscribed myself. I hope that many other people do as well and maybe they will make some changes to repair the damage they've done.

I was hoping there might be some announcements to undo some of the damage they've done, given all the bad forum-press EA + BW have received. So far nothing!

My subscription expires in May. I'll give BW till Easter to correct their failings otherwise I'm done

(...)

I hear you, understand you and also wish you a good continuation of your day, as well as life-after-swtor. :)

P. S. How did you get this cute emoji in here? I don't have that one available on this forum. :eek:

Edited by JattaGin

This game keep playing just because of Star Wars licence and its stories. 1.0 to 5.0 and 7.0 are totally failures game design. 6.0 was just fine about casual player go gear up and access end game story content without too much difficulty.

I was hoping there might be some announcements to undo some of the damage they've done, given all the bad forum-press EA + BW have received. So far nothing!

My subscription expires in May. I'll give BW till Easter to correct their failings otherwise I'm done

My guess is they know their licensing for the game is expiring soon and they just dont care anymore. Either that or EA recently told them they are pulling the plug soon. Its the only thing that makes sense at this point.

If either is the case they wont tell us players till the last possible min because then we will stop spending money on the cartel market

Edited by Zergnaut