What's wrong with the activity finder?

CarpeSangrea

If it's like it was on the PTS, and they didn't actually listen that it's a problem, the issue is that the GF activities now rotate. And there likely aren't any currently available in the small subset that match your level. As an example: GF flashpoints, there are only 5 or so instead of the previous 20+ and if you don't meet the minimum level requirement for the lowest one available (which is 50 on the PTS) then you can't queue for any.

If it's like it was on the PTS, and they didn't actually listen that it's a problem, the issue is that the GF activities now rotate. And there likely aren't any currently available in the small subset that match your level. As an example: GF flashpoints, there are only 5 or so instead of the previous 20+ and if you don't meet the minimum level requirement for the lowest one available (which is 50 on the PTS) then you can't queue for any.

Wait what? Seriously? Who greenlit this crap?

WOW that will make a lot of people to unsubscribe.

That's one of the worst decisions since beta testing.

Yeah, flashpoints rotate for Group Finder based on a list set up for level 80 characters, so if you don't qualify for any of them, you're out of luck. Right now, you need to be level 50 or above to play flashpoints through Group Finder, since the lowest ones available require level 50.

Hilariously, I checked this on a lower level character and Ruins of Nul is available lower level characters in solo mode. I imagine that's not intended, but it's definitely a thing.

Imagine being a new player. So you go to the fleet for the first time and there's this terminal directly infront of you when you come out of the elevator. It gives you among other introductions the introduction to group finder mission. It says click on the group finder button and complete a random FP with the group finder. You do as you are told and all you get is

You are currently ineligible for this activity.

Bravo, Bioware.

Edited by Cleev

Imagine being a new player. So you go to the fleet for the first time and there's this terminal directly infront of you when you come out of the elevator. It gives you among other introductions the introduction to group finder mission. It says click on the group finder button and complete a random FP with the group finder. You do as you are told and all you get is

You are currently ineligible for this activity.

Bravo, Bioware.

Hey, that's literally me! I started playing this week for the first time ever because I saw the new expac out and figured I should finally give SWTOR a try. I subscribed and everything. Got the first quest to try out the group finder and I just can't lmao feels really really good just having this dead-weight quest in my log that I, according to y'all, can't even do until hitting level 50. How do I practice/learn dungeons/flashpoints before hitting such a high level with this system? Very, very strange and annoying design decision.

Yeah I really don't know what to tell you, except this has to be an oversight. I don't believe people can be this stupid to think that not putting in low level FPs in the rotation was fine. Just hope that they fix this. Enjoy the stories though, as a new player you have a mountain of story content ahead of you. Tip: Check the "Show Exploration Missions" in the bottom-left of the world map for more smaller side missions. Edited by Cleev