Abilities on the quick bars resetting every time I switch between combat styles?

Ruhj

Quickbar's abilities resetting after switching between combat styles? Is this the way they designed it or am I just not seeing an option or something that keeps abilities in place on the quick bars after switching between combat styles?

Yeah, this is game breaking. I don't understand how this made it through. I also thought the combat styles were adding abilities to what we already were, not just making us completely switch classes. Very, very disappointed. If I want another class I have other characters.

Yeah, this is game breaking. I don't understand how this made it through. I also thought the combat styles were adding abilities to what we already were, not just making us completely switch classes. Very, very disappointed. If I want another class I have other characters.

lol what? Where have you been? We knew this wasn't the case like 6 months ago.

Still no luck, not even using loadouts and such. I got everything setup the way I wanted it and saved it under a new load out. I switch to Guardian and then back to Shadow then select the layout i just made and all the abilities on the quickbar are completely reset.

Man....this is an absolute nightmare having to spend 10-15 mins trying layout all your quick bar abilities after switching between 2 combat styles, even with the loadout saved. That seems like some basic functionality that got completely over looked. lol

Man....this is an absolute nightmare having to spend 10-15 mins trying layout all your quick bar abilities after switching between 2 combat styles, even with the loadout saved. That seems like some basic functionality that got completely over looked. lol

They also deleted all abilities off of Quickbars 5 and 6,which means recreating those. For me, on some characters, that means completely starting over as I have to look at everything in the abilities window and character sheet and see what's missing. I would have thought a 2 month delay would have been enough extra time to address stuff like this.

Just a note: As expected when you switch your combat style, and go back to your original be prepared to have to spend 10-30 minutes again setting it up like you want, which is one of the major complaints from PTS and it shows they did not listen to that complaint which means the use of combat styles is almost null and void because of that.

Just a note: As expected when you switch your combat style, and go back to your original be prepared to have to spend 10-30 minutes again setting it up like you want, which is one of the major complaints from PTS and it shows they did not listen to that complaint which means the use of combat styles is almost null and void because of that.

I imagine they were fully aware of it. They just didn't view it as a problem to fix because they are so understaffed. I just don't expect quality from this game anymore. Its nothing more than a CM cash grab for EA.

I got it figured out! Finally lol If you setup everything the way you like it and make a new loadout for each combat style, you can just go directly to the Loadout screen and highlight the loadout you want then, hit activate. All your quick bar abilities come back in place and it automatically changes to the other combat styles from there. My mistake was going to the Combat Styles Tab, then trying to switch loadouts after that. Boy do I feel dumb :) Hopefully this may help some of you who might not know that yet lol

If you save you loudout, there will not be this problem.

incorrect, I save a loadout, set all my keybinds, move all my abilities where they should go. Whenever I change phases, log in/log out, or change styles... all my keybinds are deleted and my buttons are reset.

Yes, I have saved a loadout. Yes, I hit "activate" when I switch back... no, it does not save.

All that work and now it's totally NOT working AGAIN My laodouts after I switch are completely over written and not switching at all anymore. Ok well, I give up. I have tried everything for the past 2 hours with no luck

incorrect, I save a loadout, set all my keybinds, move all my abilities where they should go. Whenever I change phases, log in/log out, or change styles... all my keybinds are deleted and my buttons are reset.

Yes, I have saved a loadout. Yes, I hit "activate" when I switch back... no, it does not save.

Same for me

Terrible testing, how the **** this passed QA

Edited by Wolfgangpiffath

My problem also each time i switch from Operative to sniper, I choose engineer and i get marks and EVERY THING is reset, Also i have to screw with my bars :/. I am a concealment operative and it forces me into leathality..( this was my original spec, CONCEALMENT. ) :/ . so getting a wee bit frustrated even tried the loadouts to force it to make it stay and nothing..am i doing something wrong or is the system broken?

It seems actually saving the loadouts works for me. I didn't know this was a feature, thanks for mentioning it previous posters. Those still struggling, make sure you are saving a separate load out and not overwriting the previous.

It seems actually saving the loadouts works for me. I didn't know this was a feature, thanks for mentioning it previous posters. Those still struggling, make sure you are saving a separate load out and not overwriting the previous.

Just to expand to this maybe, I've found that creating a NEW loadout, saving the current one, activating it, and THEN changing style, seems to maintain everything saved properly no matter how many times I change or re-log or what have you. Might be I'm doing something "right" might be it's just bugged for certain combos or the like and I've been lucky so far?

Wow, I thought we could just mix and match the abilities from our combat styles, when instead its just a straight up class switch which is pretty underwhelming. I already have characters for other classes. Overall very disappointed with this update.

Why do people keep thinking this? That would have been incredibly broken and we have known this wasn't the case for 6 months.

Wow, I thought we could just mix and match the abilities from our combat styles, when instead its just a straight up class switch which is pretty underwhelming. I already have characters for other classes. Overall very disappointed with this update.

This 100%.

Why do people keep thinking this? That would have been incredibly broken and we have known this wasn't the case for 6 months.

You keep saying "we've known this for 6 months." Well, not everyone spends all their time in PTS.

The way they worded everything and the way it was presented in the developer talks absolutely made it sound like we were enhancing our base class, not just switching classes.

This is not an enhancement at all, it's strictly keeping the same visual toon you have already created, and applying another class to it. I guess if you aren't into alts but still wanted another class, this is for you, but that's an extremely niche group. What it really is is free stealth to all non-stealth classes. Most of my toons will literally have one item on their second class action bars: stealth. Then switch back to the class I made for that character from day one.

You keep saying "we've known this for 6 months." Well, not everyone spends all their time in PTS.

The way they worded everything and the way it was presented in the developer talks absolutely made it sound like we were enhancing our base class, not just switching classes.

This is not an enhancement at all, it's strictly keeping the same visual toon you have already created, and applying another class to it. I guess if you aren't into alts but still wanted another class, this is for you, but that's an extremely niche group. What it really is is free stealth to all non-stealth classes. Most of my toons will literally have one item on their second class action bars: stealth. Then switch back to the class I made for that character from day one.

Its been clarified on their official twitch stream and here on the forums. You didn't need to be on the PTS to know how it was going to work because they told us how it was going to work.

Also, you can't switch willy nilly in instanced content so the whole stealth thing isn't going to be much of a thing.

Because why bother if that's not the case? I can already switch to my alts without breaking my whole UI and disabling my gear. Why would you add the same option except broken, and tout it as something new and exciting?