Thanks for listening

Rolodome

/Setta has left the conversation

Lol you wish. As I said what I saw are threads comparing a WHOLE expansion to the launch, the **** you guys just listed off, is what we got for a full expansion compare apples to apples and not to oranges.

RotHC - 1 planet with daily area and single boss operation

GSF - new game mode + 1 FP

KotFE - 9 chapters

KotET - 9 chapters

LotS - 1 planet + 1 FP (you left out combat styles, & loadouts)

Yea seems more or less on par with the previous crap, not to mention covid is still going on. So literally back at the first expansion Rise of the Hutt Cartel, when the game was far from dead yet, they gave us one planet with a daily area and a single boss op, which is a plain room with limited boss mechanics. Here you're getting a new planet & a FP, with 3 bosses and 1 bonus boss and more than a crappy room loaded with isotope 5. A rework to how the combat system will work by giving us an additional alternate style & more importantly loadouts, but the game is worse, or not to the same caliber? Get the **** out, same crap when comparing launch to launch.

The only expansion to surpass that launch expectation seemed to be SoR, assuming that the information provided is actually accurate, which I'm taking your guys word at, and even then your case is just lol.

Additional Edit :

I did this one recently. This is a breakdown of playable content, system changes are not included.:

Sorry don't want you to think that I'm dodging you, I legit didn't see your message till rereading the thread later. You don't go into when these things were released and if it was all at launch. Because the arguement is clearly how things were released at launch and comparing it to what we're getting now with 7.0. Furthermore, somethings you mention just make me laugh. I'll give you an example :

KotFE:

1 Planet with 9 chapters.

6 Star Fortresses.

15 Companion Recruitments

Star Fortress is literally the same dungeon with ever so slight changes (it does have very slight changes doesn't it? It might just be my imagination and be the same thing throughout), even the end bosses are basically the same. You can say oh it's 6 Star Fortresses to look like they've accomplished something but lmfao no, just no. Even Kuat Yard offers a bigger variety than SF. Most companion recruitments were like a couple of min of quest time ( a few had a bit more to it), but the point stands that you're just trying to fluff the content to make it seem like we got more than we really did. It's honestly completely disingenuous. However more importantly they weren't all released at once IIRC (it's been a while) so really this argument is just lol, because you're comparing the whole of an expansion to a launch and expecting the same thing.

And the kicker for me was :

20 DvL World Bosses

It's literally the same 2 bosses re-skinned and renamed across 5 planets. Saying it's 20 bosses might sound like a lot, but you're just full of **** here. I can't help but laugh at the audacity of trying to play this off as lots of content. It's 2 bosses, reskinned and renamed, with barely different mechanics between the two. There's nothing fancy here, so let's not pretend like we got some major content back then, and are getting nothing now. We got almost nothing back then, and are getting almost nothing now. Spare me the BS here, I play this game too, I know better than to fall for this type of crap unlike some other posters here it seems.

Look I'm not trying to be an A-hole, but I see how I'm coming off as one, but really this isn't even worth dissecting because it's just a load of disingenuous bull disguised to make it seem like those were the golden days of content when they were anything but.

Edited by Setta

We got almost nothing back then, and are getting almost nothing now. Spare me the BS here, I play this game too, I know better than to fall for this type of crap unlike some other posters here it seems.

Look I'm not trying to be an A-hole, but I see how I'm coming off as one, but really this isn't even worth dissecting because it's just a load of disingenuous bull disguised to make it seem like those were the golden days of content when they were anything but.

Pretty bold to call somebody else disingenuous on this, while you cherrypick bits of old content to mark down as not being as significant an addition as they look, but don't apply the same scrutiny to newer content, or what's coming with 7.0. Like I can do the same type of thing with 7.0, watch: combat styles? just tricking people into thinking old content is new; loadouts, basic QoL feature that any game with decent infrastructure could produce in a week or two. Weapon designer, QoL appearance feature and is getting delayed. Tiny bit of story-

following a resurrected and refurbished villain from earlier in the game's life.

Using value judgments is not an accurate way to compare the quantity of content and the time it takes to produce. It's burying the point by turning things we can measure into matters of opinion, which is to your advantage in this disagreement, cause if it's just a matter of opinion whether the game is getting less content, then you can just say you feel it's the same and nobody can say otherwise.

Anyway, I suggest you let this argument go and let this cheeky thread of mine die. We're way off topic of what it was originally about at this point.

Edited by Rolodome

The biggest thing that should come out after reading all this is:

We need more content. That's it.

Whether we compare it to other expansions, games, it's irrelevant. People need new stuff to engage with the game. Or interesting changes to existing systems and features. Except for tokens I don't find new features exciting.

The thing is that they have proverbial **** hit the fan and they should control the situation. How?

Well for me personally it would work if they actually told us their plans for past 7.0.

They have never been good at doing that, but i imagine the situation calls for it. Tell us whats more for celebrations, what pvp revamp are you planning, tease us with more content coming this year. This is as far from excited as we ever going to get.

Peace

Pretty bold to call somebody else disingenuous on this, while you cherrypick bits of old content to mark down as not being as significant an addition as they look, but don't apply the same scrutiny to newer content, or what's coming with 7.0. Like I can do the same type of thing with 7.0, watch: combat styles? just tricking people into thinking old content is new; loadouts, basic QoL feature that any game with decent infrastructure could produce in a week or two. Weapon designer, QoL appearance feature and is getting delayed. Tiny bit of story-

following a resurrected and refurbished villain from earlier in the game's life.

Cherry picking? Seriously? Juliushorts gave a run down of what was launched at the start of each expansion and pretty much proved (assuming his / her info is accurate) that the majority of new expansion launches were all equally craptastic. Even when the game was doing much better than it is now player wise we were getting shafted. Damask_Rose posts a bunch of changes throughout the games cycle per each expansion, so I can't tell what was at launch and what wasn't to break down the post, and I'm not going to compare apples to oranges with a full expansion to a launch. Yet I'm cherrypicking cause I'm calling her (or him) out on the being disingenuous on how much content we got by inflating the numbers? What mate? I never claimed we're getting a lot in this expansion. I'm just claiming that we never got a lot, and you guys have rose tinted goggles, which seems like that really is the case.

Using value judgments is not an accurate way to compare the quantity of content and the time it takes to produce.

This is just so *********** stupid. Well since no one here knows exactly how much actual development time something took or their exact budget we shouldn't judge anything at all, because that might go against your point and we can't have that. Okay then why the hell are you claiming that we're getting less now? I mean you're just making a judgement call, and yet clearly you're suggesting that no one here actually knows how much work or money they're putting into the game. For all you know the system to allow for combat styles is taking 2x the budget and development time than everything else did before it (it isn't, but we don't know right?). I mean since you don't know for sure you can't say otherwise right? What, just what mate? Ya I'm just done, this is to dumb for me. You're right better to let this thread die.

The biggest thing that should come out after reading all this is:

We need more content. That's it.

Peace

Amen to that brother.