The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Revan Armor reskin / update? New SITH Reven Robes

WNxAbaddon

I love the Revan armors, but to be fair apart from the newish Jedi one (and that as flaws the head being one) the rest are looking dated when you stack them up to the new outfits. Dont get me wrong there nice looking and all but could we not get a updated / reskin of the classic sets. Given how Iconic the character is and now that he is canon I would love to see a Sith version with a flowing cape https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/00/Revan_GOH.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20201207193340 something like this would be fantastic

I know you can get very near to this with dyes, but the hood and a lack of a cape really ruin it for me, I understand why the hood is bigger its just looks very silly in cutscenes when the hood is far bigger then my char head and my jedi is bald :mad:

Edited by WNxAbaddon

That would be nice. The DS revan robes in game always felt weirdly light-looking to me (light as in weight). I played KOTOR a lot and I remember the robes being much more like the weighted look of the LS robes they put in the game (aka: star forge robes in KOTOR). Never really used the DS ones in this game because they don't look like revan to me, it's like someone took the "oomph" out of the style. Edited by Rolodome

What we need is a Sith version that's the same quality as the Jedi version... but with a black cape as well. Why do they fear the cape?

They fear the cape (or they *should* fear the cape) because ...

Well, have you seen the unending series of complaints about how this or that or the other armour set is bugged because the cape / long coat / buttcape / crotch flap flips out an pokes through the wearer's body? (Er, no, the set itself is not bugged. The *game*engine* is bugged.)

That's why they should fear the cape.

Well, have you seen the unending series of complaints about how this or that or the other armour set is bugged because the cape / long coat / buttcape / crotch flap flips out an pokes through the wearer's body? (Er, no, the set itself is not bugged. The *game*engine* is bugged.)

I don't think its a pure engine issue, if you look at the shape/style of the capes there very straight and where they attach to the main body seems off, look at the Malgus cape, it seems to have a life of its own at times, sure you can put that down to a in game physics issue. But if they added more flow to the capes made them less rigid, say rather than hang just purely down the back made them drape over the sholders more like the Revan picture you would see them act more like capes rather than just this flat rigid fabric with only one or two points added in for movement made the cape itself move

If you look robes like exterminator robes, you can clearly see the line where they added the cape part, thats fine but the issue is where they added it acts like a hinge, thus it looks like it cuts you in half when the start of a odd movement a flip or start of a cutscene you can see a very slight "glich" then the cape spazzes out.

Capes like the newer Malgus armor, you can see a clear design change, thay have tried to fix the issue. However the same thing happens, rather than let the cape "flow" whats happened is they have made it to rigid, but rather adding in multiple attachment points on the sholders, it's just one big cape but below the hood on the back you again can clearly see the hinge again, but this time it is just one cape rather than a back plus cape.

Edited by WNxAbaddon

I don't think its a pure engine issue,

Correct, it isn't, or rather, yes, it is, but it can be mitigated by correct modelling in the armour set. The problem is within the collision detection module that is supposed to prevent flappy bits of the armour from flapping through the character. Sometimes it gets confused or the motion of the armour is too extreme or something, and the edge of the flappy bit manages to get calculated as being so far inside that character that instead of being pushed out back the way it came, it gets pushed out "forwards", the way it was going, and curls through.

A few sets are better at "uncurling", and they will pop back out easily. At the top of that list, you'll find the Fallen Defender set (looks like Darth Atroxa's armour from the Sacrifice trailer - Atroxa is the red Twi'lek Sith), which pops back out if your character does anything more energetic than standing rigidly still. Like, you know, breathing.

So clearly it is possible to do stuff to mitigate the problem, but it is, nevertheless, an engine problem rather than an armour set problem.

Correct, it isn't, or rather, yes, it is, but it can be mitigated by correct modelling in the armour set. The problem is within the collision detection module that is supposed to prevent flappy bits of the armour from flapping through the character. Sometimes it gets confused or the motion of the armour is too extreme or something, and the edge of the flappy bit manages to get calculated as being so far inside that character that instead of being pushed out back the way it came, it gets pushed out "forwards", the way it was going, and curls through.

A few sets are better at "uncurling", and they will pop back out easily. At the top of that list, you'll find the Fallen Defender set (looks like Darth Atroxa's armour from the Sacrifice trailer - Atroxa is the red Twi'lek Sith), which pops back out if your character does anything more energetic than standing rigidly still. Like, you know, breathing.

So clearly it is possible to do stuff to mitigate the problem, but it is, nevertheless, an engine problem rather than an armour set problem.

I agree to a point but it just feels like semantics, its how swtor engine deals with physics. Just look and when your on a speeder the cape won't flap it just sticks out theres no physics / animation. its almost like thay only half did the physics on the sets themselfs and over time or a different art person they have slowly tried to fix it. I do wholeheartedly agree that there limits to what swtors engine can do, I just wish they would put more time / effort into making it as good as it can be.

It might just be my brain, but the Iconic Sith looks tent to have the grand flowing capes out the back Revan being no different, even more so with the new expo story seeming to be focused on the Sith (I might be totaly wrong) I would love to see more Cartel armors with working hoods / capes and to be fair in the long run it would make more money for Bioware / EA as am sure people are put off Cartel armors with hoods / capes with said issues.

I would really love a Dark side Revan armor with a "working" cape and hood like in the image in the first post.......TAKE MY MONEY ! :D and a working hood wont remove your hair or cover your head enough that you can clarly see your bald and have a very large forhead xD

Edited by WNxAbaddon

So what? There are a lot of capes in this game. Why is Revan different?

So what? There are a lot of capes in this game. Why is Revan different?

It isn't *mechanically* different, but if they know they can't resolve the curl-through problems for capes without a major reconstruction of the game engine, they might be wanting to avoid releasing a *Revan* set with a cape.

In essence, a Revan set is different because it's *Revan*, not just some almost-anonymous dead person (e.g. Darth Atroxa(1) for the Fallen Defender set), nor some even more anonymous person we don't know who it's supposed to be (Tribal Champion).

(1) The red Twi'lek Sith in the Sacrifice trailer, killed by Arcann.

It isn't *mechanically* different, but if they know they can't resolve the curl-through problems for capes without a major reconstruction of the game engine, they might be wanting to avoid releasing a *Revan* set with a cape.

In essence, a Revan set is different because it's *Revan*, not just some almost-anonymous dead person (e.g. Darth Atroxa(1) for the Fallen Defender set), nor some even more anonymous person we don't know who it's supposed to be (Tribal Champion).

(1) The red Twi'lek Sith in the Sacrifice trailer, killed by Arcann.

Exactly.

As for the general topic, I also agree that it would be nice to have a Darth Revan set that matched the Knight Revan set, EXCEPT for the helmet. I am not a fan of the Knight Revan helmet in the slightest.

• 2 weeks later...
I would also like to see the old Sith Revan set get an overhaul. You just notice that the set no longer comes close to Revan's Jedi Knight set. In recent years, the sets have become increasingly detailed and high-resolution. If you look at the old set now you can see that the textures are washed out and no longer up to date. I hope someone from the admins sees this and passes it on to the developers.

• 3 weeks later...