The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I wish General Chat in live was like it is on the PTS!

Sarova

I have to say that the PTS experience is lovely. People are really helpful & sociable in General Chat, especially on the fleet. I've yet to see anything toxic. I try to avoid gen chat like the plague on live, however it's a whole different experience on the PTS. Petition for a server for only the people who've been on the PTS this run*. It would be an outstanding place to play. And for the Devs who may be in despair at our moany feedback, you'll be pleased to hear that everyone is giving really positive feedback whilst playing (especially about the ability to have a different classes spec and the new gearing process and it being not the awful grind we thought it would be).

*I know it's unrealistic; one can hope though!

I have to say that the PTS experience is lovely. People are really helpful & sociable in General Chat, especially on the fleet. I've yet to see anything toxic. I try to avoid gen chat like the plague on live, however it's a whole different experience on the PTS. Petition for a server for only the people who've been on the PTS this run*. It would be an outstanding place to play. And for the Devs who may be in despair at our moany feedback, you'll be pleased to hear that everyone is giving really positive feedback whilst playing (especially about the ability to have a different classes spec and the new gearing process and it being not the awful grind we thought it would be).

*I know it's unrealistic; one can hope though!

Its just that a lot of us are bonding over something we love being trashed tbh. The community has gotten a lot more positive in my experience because we're mostly united against 7.0s long list of bad decisions.

We all have common ground now and its "I've got a bad feeling about this."

The good news is if the Devs decide to stop punishing their base with what we're seeing on PTS we could all rejoice together like we did when 7.0 got pushed back.

It reminds me of when someone is able to make you laugh into hysterical tears at a funeral. Painfully comical but uniting over a negative situation.

There are less people on the PTS, plus everyone there , is there to help. And you have to be a sub (Unless that's changed) , most trolls are F2P/Preff, because they don't care if they lose their account.

That must be it. It's a completely different experience to live. If you're right (and I suspect you are) it's a pity we can't have a subs only server for those who'd like play on one (please consider this Devs). I'd seriously consider transferring my main and most played characters to a subs only server. It would be a much nicer place to play.

Personally PTS chat was definitly the *be ignored by others*.

That was my first experience again since long years, spent the first day totally lost, no one answered, and at the end of the day i felt that was my worst day of gaming.

Probably the reason i do not feel attracted but more pushed away from pts. I did try to test but definitly no joy to do so. Created several new characters, made some copy from lives. Never succeeded to go pass 10 on the new ones because that was sad and lonely to play there. On the copy i admit i never tried to group because i am not a end gamer and would have been more a bother for groups than a helper to test.

I think you are a whole community used to be together on PTS and to be more vocals also on general chat live. And that is understandable that you stay that tight community on PTS.

I just wished that you were not so hermetics sometimes. But again i totally understand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand corrected today, as i was helped by testers, at least they tried to help me :) thanks all

Edited by mirellha

Personally I found most of the time General chat on fleet was usually ignored by most people. I seldom ever saw repllies. As for Toxicity, I saw plenty of this on the PTS in GF FP's. That didn't change from live to the PTS at all.

Honestly the live general chat is boring as hell without some form of toxicity and degeneracy. If you use YouTube or learn to do things yourself. You don't need these R-tards who troll you in Gen chat. It's just amusing to watch people fight and argue over stupid crap then jump in with some random remark. If Gen chat was policed like some PC twitter thread. It would be boring and depressing.

I find it difficult to play the game without getting to read the wisdom of the dozens of political, scientific, and financial experts on both Dromund Kaas and Fleet. Bioware truly made an excellent game for it to attract so much expertise from so many different walks of life, and so many years after release.

I find it difficult to play the game without getting to read the wisdom of the dozens of political, scientific, and financial experts on both Dromund Kaas and Fleet. Bioware truly made an excellent game for it to attract so much expertise from so many different walks of life, and so many years after release.

+ 1

i hope you are not one of their disciples\

This is why in the live game I have Gen Chat on the Fleet/Korriban/DK/Coruscant closed or switched off. I've not experienced any of that rubbish on the PTS; maybe I've just been lucky. PTS chat in PvP and FPs has also been fun (in fact unranked has been a whole different and nicer experience on the PTS which I've been surprised at). I'd still like to see a subs only server though.