EA billing services and account management cannot be accessed at this time

Aswitzer

Hello all!

So a friend of mine has the error in the title show up whenever he tries to redeem a time card.

He called SWtOR support, and they directed him to EA's support line. He called EA support and they told him his account was listed as "pending" and that he should just create a new account and to contact SWtOR support for assistance. But this means he loses all of his characters and progress and the hundreds (or thousands) he has spent on the game (since they don't do account merges last I checked).

Not sure what to do at this point. Any ideas?

Edited by Aswitzer
clarity

Hello all! So a friend of mine has the error in the title show up whenever he tries to redeem a time card.

Let's parse this:

1. He tried calling SWTOR support

Point of clarification is required here on step #1: He tried, did he actually get through to SWTOR or did the call fall over immediately to an EA support rep and not SWTOR's? Bioware's offices were closed for the holiday.

2. They directed him to EA's support line

3. He called EA support

4. They told him his account was listed as "pending"

5. Told him to create a new account and to contact SWTOR support for assistance

If he actually got through on step #1 to SWTOR, he got dragged full circle between two support groups.

That tells me neither support rep in either group knew what the hell to do with time cards and/or a pending account.

If he didn't actually get through to a SWTOR rep on step 1, but received an automated response telling him to contact EA support then he needs in a few days to contact SWTOR again.

Whomever he talks to, he needs to establish precisely why his account is listed as pending, what that means, and how long the account will remain that way. Could have been that billing services were just down/offline for a bit.

If no one is competent enough between EA and Bioware to give him a clear answer on that, unless he's willing, as I did, to hammer that phone 5 times over the course of so many weeks until getting a satisfactory resolution...

kiss that account goodbye and stop using time cards.

Edited by xordevoreaux

My apologies, he did in fact get through. I did not intend for the lack of clarity. Tried meant "to get help" which wasn't how it ended up sounding.

And I was worried he was getting the runaround since the calls were last week, between holidays.

My apologies, he did in fact get through. I did not intend for the lack of clarity. Tried meant "to get help" which wasn't how it ended up sounding.

And I was worried he was getting the runaround since the calls were last week, between holidays.

More than one person on this forum has listed a screw-up with time cards, billing, etc.

Have him try (after Bioware's offices open again) to redeem the card.

Could very well be, with a "pending" status, that their billing system will resolve the issue with no further intervention on his part.

If, at that point, he still has issues, have him hammer them again, which is worth doing if he's invested a certain amount of time and effort developing characters on that account.

This is the worst time to talk to support in all fairness - try to remember what time of the year it is.

People need to take a breather and step back and think about the situation before jumping to conclusions.

Give support a call on Monday and try again. (not that anything is stopping you from trying again today/tomorrow)

Goes without saying - I don't give either support much credit at all - bout as useful as a sack of potatoes - but like it or not its what we got.

It has been resolved, I don't know much of the details, just that it took another call [edit: to SWtOR support] and that person was more helpful and everything works now.

Lesson learned... keep at it.

And yeah, bad time of year for support.

Thank you folks!

Edited by Aswitzer

It has been resolved, I don't know much of the details, just that it took another call [edit: to SWtOR support] and that person was more helpful and everything works now.

Lesson learned... keep at it.

And yeah, bad time of year for support.

Thank you folks!

Excellent, glad it worked out for your friend.