The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Should 110% Accuracy Be the Default for DPS in 7.x?

arunav

If simplification is a goal for 7.x, why are DPS still being asked to build up their Accuracy stat to 110% in 7.x?

There have been many, many players I've run into over the years that were at the time new to SWTOR, saw their stat summary and presumed, reasonably, when it read 100% under Accuracy, they didn't need any more of that stat to properly hit targets, including FP or Ops bosses.

It seems in an expansion that is going as far as to force static gear on endgame players, in part for simplification purposes, something I don't remember being the case even in early 1.x (dailies gave a currency to purchase purple 126 mods) or at any time since, giving PVE DPS specs 110% Accuracy by default is completely reasonable.

In short, why are we still trying to inch our characters up to 110% Accuracy, when the game is clearly moving toward simplifying gear for most players, at the very least for lengthy portions of the gearing curve?

Except for experienced SWTOR players, who may or may not bother augmenting their lowered-rated gear with Accuracy, I anticipate many folks won't know they aren't hitting FP or Ops bosses due to their gear lacking enough of this stat.

This doesn't make sense to me, and I suspect other players are confused by what BW is trying to achieve with the Accuracy stat. Surely, there must be a reasonable way of making Accuracy 110% the default at level cap for DPS. Players could then focus on learning what level of crit and alacrity works best for their multiple combat styles' specs.

Edited by arunav

Yes it's a big problem.

I managed to get 110% accuracy by picking two accuracy augments, but from what I heard there is no accuracy on legendaries?

Devs, you want feedback, google the current guides for specs. They ALL say that 110% accuracy is the main requirement. Listen to them, they have probably played the game more than you.

Accuracy is such a deprecated stat in todays MMO’s. It should just be removed especially when stat thresholds keep getting higher and higher every 5 levels we go up. To even achieve 110 you have to sacrifice a lot of everything to get there.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't care that much if it wasn't such an unfair disadvantage for some classes over others. If you're just a burst class who misses the damage from a hit, whatever. If you're a class where you get extra damage from ticking some effect (dot spread, a dot with a long cd, etc) on an ability that has a long cooldown, not cool. At the end of the day having like a 3-4% chance to miss is just a 3-4% damage loss for a class that doesn't rely heavily on an ability hitting.

Imagine having neither auto-target nor guaranteed hits.

Remembering Might and Magic Six, I missed all the time in that game. No tab targeting. Mouse targeting only.

Don't twist that mouse fast enough, you don't hit a moving mob.

Can game play never be enjoyable with less than a 100% guarantee on hits?

What if this game had never implemented either?

Edited by xordevoreaux

NPCs should lose the extra defence chance bonus that they get so that 110% accuracy isn't a requirement at all. Idk about you but I'd prefer 100% accuracy to be base rather than 110% - it just makes things neater.

The only issue is in PvP where player characters have a 5% base defence chance. So either that is kept as is and everyone gets a small chance to dodge an attack, or DPS and Tanks gain a 5% accuracy boost baked into their disciplines (just like tank disciplines get a 10% defense bonus with their charge/stance/etc).

Tertiary stats desperately need work in 7.0 as they are currently in a bad state that makes characters feel slower and less powerful.

The only issue is in PvP where player characters have a 5% base defence chance. So either that is kept as is and everyone gets a small chance to dodge an attack, or DPS and Tanks gain a 5% accuracy boost baked into their disciplines (just like tank disciplines get a 10% defense bonus with their charge/stance/etc).

The OP was meant for PVE only. I assume BW can change stats around for PVP, particularly when entering WZs and arenas. Open world instances don't matter as much.

Edited by arunav

You can debate the merits of an accuracy stat at all, but I think the idea of 100% accuracy not actually being 100% accurate is pretty objectively bad.

Totally agree on that. It's kind of strange to me the game made it to being 10 years old and this was never changed.

Seriously who in their bright mind thought that 100% accuracy didn't actually mean 100% ACCURACY. Seriously they should just do away with 110% accuracy all together like most new MMO's are running now. Cause then people can use their 276, 286, and 300 augments to rebalance the alacrity and critical since the new armor is going to be so incredibly awful when it comes to DPS that crit will be needed to add more damage. I can't even get close to 110% accuracy with the new gear with full 286 augments. I get to 107% and that's it without cutting hard into my critical and alacrity stats. What a joke man...

Delete acc stat. hated 6.0 to much gear sets for one character it was annoying miss having 1 set for pvp and 1 set for pve. sharing gear sets means having to min max for legacy raids/ regular tier raid and pvp what a mess. Edited by Skummy

It's an arbitrary stat sink with no fair rules on it being applied.

Tanks were granted 110% accuracy for free because it was decided that taunts missing in PVE operations was something that required every ability that tank specs do to always hit even if they gear to be a DPS and go into PVP.

It was not considered important that Healers could and can miss stuns and knockbacks in PVE content such as operations.

Sorcs/Sages do not need accuracy against players because they only do force damage while players only have a base dodge against melee/ranged hits.

Everyone else is obliged to take accuracy for PVE and PVP or their ranged/melee hits have a 5-10% miss chance against players while tech/force also misses up to 10% vs PVE bosses.

Edited by Gyronamics