The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can Veteran FPs drop higher than 320 gear?

Screaming_Ziva

I don't believe you get gear upgrades in Flashpoints from boss drops. The best you can get is a piece at the same level as your current gear. You can either give this to an alt or destroy it for currency. The gear upgrades beyond 320 come from completing the Vet FP weekly. The reward crate should give you an upgrade for your lowest iLvl piece. Otherwise you need to buy the upgrades using the vet FP currency from the fleet vendors. I believe you can upgrade to iLvl 324 through vet FPS. Edited by Sir_Troll

I'm pretty sure I had a 322 and a 324 drop from vet FPs (vet FPs are all I've played). However trying to reach 322 rating that way seemed futile. After those drops I played 15-20 more vet mode FPs where only 320s dropped. The rate at which you accumulate Decurion Isotope Stabilizers for the "upgrade process" is painfully slow (or the cost is too high). I don't feel you should have to run that many vet mode FPs to earn one upgrade.

The slow process would probably bother me less outside the test server, but trying to reach the benchmark (322) when we aren't sure exactly how much time we have to get it done makes the grind seem ridiculous compared to what we had in 6.0.

FP bosses are only supposed to drop the same Ilvel of the gear you have. Upgrades are only supposed to be from the weekly boxes or from upgrading them yourself from what testing I've done. Now I don't know if you have a higher ilevel then one of your pieces if it'll give you an upgrade for that one piece. For an example I have an item level of 322, but my earpiece is still 320. If the FP gives you an earpiece, it may very well be 322.