The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

UI Feedback

xordevoreaux

When I look at the inventory it feels like I'm looking at one of those weird pictures where you start seeing stuff that's not really there, like an optical ilusion.

Like in the darkness between the sorta odly light blue highlighted empty inventory slots I keep seeing red dots. Very irritating.

I guess you were trying to go for a more modern look for inventory and the character/inventory window but it's hard on my eyes and it doesn't really look good in my opinion.

Like my character looks small and really dark on it.

For me the inventory is the worst bit thought. Empty slots look sorta highlighted cause of the bright blue color, you even do this in my mail when the item slots in there are empty.

The outfit designer tab seems way more confusing than before, some buttons seem kinda small as well.

Some things are really hard to find, like where I can change my title. Took me a bit to find that.

Hope you'll gonna rework the whole thing.

I am finding that the highlighted choice on the ability tree is too difficult to see properly to know what I have selected.

Yes that whole window is badly designed. The White selection square is not distinctive enough. It is also not immediately, visually obvious as to where you have to select one and where you get all listed skills.

In my case, there were 2 bugs:

1. As I go down (up the level #) making selections, a previous selection would be reset to the default.

2. I close the window and reopen it and some of my selections would have reset.

I wanted to create 2 Loadouts on a DPS character, one with Single-target ability selections (for Ops bosses) and one with AoE ability selections (both on same Combat Style.) Not been able to do so, so far. I can't even seem to be able to reliably switch between Loadouts not to mention being able to delete a Loadout.

I can not believe I'm the only person who HATES the square grid that is around everything Inventory Cargo holds and Mail. It really hurts my eyes on my 4k 40-inch tv I use for a monitor.

You are not the only one.

The design of the new UI is worse that the one before. However, the main problem is the usability: the windows are a lot less moveable, the stats are hidden behind a lot of clicks, the Esc key doesn't work always.

It seems some problems come from being in development, but a lot of them seem to be there by design (to make a console port, I think), and that's a problem, because they won't change it no matter how much we complain, and we'll have to wait at least a year until they accept our complains, like it happened with the Renown system.

Well, I still like the game, and I'm used to designers who don't play their game. :p

Edited by AlkarMBar

Some of the newer UI elements (like the button to show detailed stats) seem very pixelated to me.

There is no activate button for outfits, makes it very unclear whether outfit properly activated when you double click it, especially since the window covers the entire screen so you cant see your character.

There seems to be quite a bit of empty unused space at bottom of inventory/mission items & currency tab, currency tab especially seems to have a lot of dead space at the bottom.

EDIT: Additionally, I noticed the bonus objectives for main quests for the Makeb (Rise of the Hutt Cartel) story missions have a reset timer, why? I don't think bonus objectives for main quests should have a reset timer.

Edited by Darthjantom

I haven't read this entire thread, but I'm not a huge fan of the new UI aesthetic either.

Also, from a usability standpoint, many of the 'clickable' objects are not obviously clickable. For example the tiny little icon that opens the character panel is not obviously interactive, even on mouseover.

It might seem obvious that it's a clickable link to experienced players due to it's similarity to the live UI, but newer players may struggle to find this critical link.

Another thing is that they have incorporated a lot of scrolls to the windows now (that's bad). It has happened to me that sometimes I don't notice the scroll bar and I miss information.

They should make the scroll bar to really stand up, don't make it gray and thin.

The horrible bright squares in the inventory and other storages is really distracting and they don't let you see clearly the content of those inventory squares at a first glance.

All the UI feels like a step backwards.

Another question here. When I click "i" only the inventory opens. When I click "c" both the character window (with tiny icons... why) and the inventory open.

Is it on purpose?

It's my understanding the original inventory window (invoked with "i") is going away, it's just there as a kludge while the new interface is being built.