New expansion killing/limiting Solo players??

Crollore

There have been two arguments in this thread, as well as in other discussions, that I find specious.

The group content will bring back the raiders. As has already been pointed out, when 7.0 releases it will add one flashpoint and the operation will be released later. So, that is the group content that will bring back the raiders? No, no, no, because there is all this other group content -- group content that did not bring back the raiders, but will now magically do so. Why? Because gear?

Would have been smarter, to at least REVISE Weekly VET / MASTER - Flashpoints / Operations.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

♫♪♫♪♪ - Hopefully they use the time to listen/adapt a little more, and consider this below on Gear.

Revise the Weekly Missions for VET/Master Flashpoints / Operations:

♦ Limit (focus) the Weekly for VET / MASTER Flashpoints or Operations strictly to 75-80 Content!

♦ It also draw more attention to the most RECENT content leading up to Legacy of the Sith!

♦ People still Queue or FILTER 55-70 Content of their choice for XP while leveling, accomplishments, etc...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Yet that likely doesn't make sense anymore, cause today on PTS I only saw 8 Flashpoints listed in VET queue, and there was only 7 in Master queue!

The vast majority (75 - 90%) don't like Gear progression in 7.0 as it is vastly limited. I mean you also won't get Renown which many could get 10-30 Gear Crates each week or more! You also won't get 2-3 Gear Crates from Weekly's, or even 1-2 running a VET or Master Mode Queue. They do change it however to Medals of Commendation, yet most Vet-Master Content awards just 3-4; though Story Operations do award 5.

I don't like 7.0 for many reasons, let alone loosing 2 former abilities, or not to mention Combat Proficiency. And not sure why I see far fewer Flashpoints in the FILTER list?

So 7.0 will feel like a Snail who has it's shell tied down under boulders, with everyone hoping to free them! :(

Similar situation here, I have only just now hit the 300 mark on some of my characters... Just like it felt epic to suddenly start getting purple gear a while back.

But a question - is it really supposed to mean that we aren't going to get any of these anymore and just get green gear if we play only solo? I occasionally play other stuff too, but still not often enough that it would supply me with gear under the new system if I understand it correctly.

And worse - just wondering: so are we going to get the highest-tier gear available for solo players only for completing the latest story mission? Because I have a lot of characters who haven't even played through all the expansions.

You'll still be able to earn 306 characters, yet now require a bit more turning in Frag's for Random Gear chests more from Kai Zykken. If you Subscribe in Mid February you'll also be able to earn 318 up to 326 Gear depending on which Content you run, only Master Operations will award 330. And it will be some time before we see Mod's return at 334. Still it will be a lot slower going progression, with Renown now Gone!

So think of it as 75 all over again, just a lot slower!

Edited by Strathkin

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a pure solo player when I leveled my first toon to 306 gear.

I played Black Talon over and over and over and over and that's not a good experience lol (I didn't have lv50 comp because I was poor and my skill sucked so that's the only FP I could solo back then)

Making credits through crafting would have a tougher start because pure solo players don't make credits that quick unless they buy stuffs from CM and sell them on the GTN. For casual solo players who don't play the stonks, leveling crew skills enough to make a profit is way more difficult than players who do group contents. I ran out of credits for crafting a lot of time when I first tried it.

That's the difficulties pure solo players would face that are difficult for the other player bases to imagine. Even I forgot how difficult it was before I touched group contents. So I'm not a fan of how they make things more difficult for solo players in 7.0.

I was a pure solo player when I leveled my first toon to 306 gear.

I played Black Talon over and over and over and over and that's not a good experience lol (I didn't have lv50 comp because I was poor and my skill sucked so that's the only FP I could solo back then)

Making credits through crafting would have a tougher start because pure solo players don't make credits that quick unless they buy stuffs from CM and sell them on the GTN. For casual solo players who don't play the stonks, leveling crew skills enough to make a profit is way more difficult than players who do group contents. I ran out of credits for crafting a lot of time when I first tried it.

That's the difficulties pure solo players would face that are difficult for the other player bases to imagine. Even I forgot how difficult it was before I touched group contents. So I'm not a fan of how they make things more difficult for solo players in 7.0.

I, too, am a purely solo player. I have around 30M credits max on each server, spread over all characters. I am definitely not rich by SWTOR standards. So buying anything off the GTN is not an option for me as prices are ridiculous.

Now they are removing credits from Conquest, so my 'savings' will be much, much slower, but this doesn't really bother me a lot (I'm used to not having much, although I will definitely miss the 100k). I'm most sad about the loss of access to progressive gear and the sense of accomplishment I have when getting a piece of upgraded gear through gameplay, not the vendor - irrespective of the iRating, green appears to be all story players can look forward to.

Still you'll only earn so much each week through conquests, and the ceiling has been raised to 100,000.

Still you can also earn Medals of Commendation, and at the Legacy of Sith Vendor purchase upgrades for (some) gear.

Yet most Vet / Master Flashpoints will award 3-4 at most. Story Mode Operations though will earn 5. As will a few Uprising I think also award 4. I haven't checked out the Legacy of Sith Vendor on PTS, though without Renown or Gear Crates we use to get it will likely be a Snail pace compared to what we had.

I'm mostly confused when on PTS today, I only saw 8 VET Flashpoints in the Queue, and only 7 MASTER Flashpoints.

Edited by Strathkin