What's your pre-expansion to-do list?

RBWTOR

(Preface, I've seen and heard this before)

Player_1: "Man, I'm reading about some of the changes in 7.0, I dunno....."

Defender_of_the_Faith: "Pfft, it's just social media, don't worry about it"

Player_1: "I got into early testing, there are some significant changes"

DOTF: "The expansion is over a year away, they'll fix things"

Player_1: "I left feedback, but there are a lot of problems with this new expansion"

DOTF: "It's still six months from possible release, it'll all get worked out"

Player_1: "We're less than a month away, and certain areas are still buggy"

DOTF: "Don't worry, it won't go live like that"

Expansion: RELEASE

Player_1: "Sheesh, all of the things I was worried about went live"

DOTF: "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING!"

DOTF_2: "They'll fix it first patch"

(As I said, I've seen this before)

This. 100x this. Its not that people are wishing ill or wanting the game to fail. Its just the track record is so not in the Devs favor right now. For example: "Something major planned for 10 year anniversary" 10 year ani comes around and you're getting a flashpoint, an operation sometime later and significantly nerfed again. Yay.

I'm with you - I'll finish what I can now and may or may not even try later. If it's truly random then it'll be almost impossible to get what you actually want.

Its actually easier to get sets as you go thru random chance. The more of the armor sets you put in personal cargo and roll at Kai the greater your odds of getting your new piece.

Using this method I got three pieces of Apex in a row, most of the RNG in this game is extremely favorable in 6.0. It just requires an understanding of how to get it to work in your favor in most aspects. (Mods, enhancements, drops, amplifiers, etc)

Though the year...each expansion is pretty much the same with a few exceptions....

1. Get to 4B credits - done

2. Stockpile Personal Conquest Requisition (is 16x enough) - done

3. Get DVL XP Bonus armor ready - done

4. Stockpile XP Boosts - done

5. Stockpile MK-11 Kits (is 100x enough) - done

6. Get 10k Tech Fragments - in-progress

Enjoy the game before the downgrade....

Mostly been enjoying the characters feeling actually powerful before the hardcore nerf thats incoming.

Did a 5 man eyeless with no tank a couple nights ago, mostly undermanned OPS. 4 manning 8 man ops. Clearing 16 mans with 6 or 7, etc.

Gonna try 3 manning an Eternity Vault tomorrow night as 4 is the lowest we've done it with yet.

Enjoying PvP before its nerfed and turned into capped content.

Enjoying playing with stats and weird builds before that customization goes away. Exploring utilities, etc.

But yeah just trying to get the most out of it before they remove virtually all the reasons I like the game.

That's exactly what I'm doing. My sub will expire in January as I am no longer renewing my subscriptions on either of my two accounts; don't think I will like the changes once they go live (hated the PTS), but I will at least be given the chance to try them out. I just want some type of classic server or some type of era specific servers.

Its actually easier to get sets as you go thru random chance. The more of the armor sets you put in personal cargo and roll at Kai the greater your odds of getting your new piece.

Using this method I got three pieces of Apex in a row, most of the RNG in this game is extremely favorable in 6.0. It just requires an understanding of how to get it to work in your favor in most aspects. (Mods, enhancements, drops, amplifiers, etc)

Wait! Are you saying Kai's random loot box isn't completely random? That the loot roll looks at what is in your inventory and won't give duplicates? Does it also factor in class, or will one armor mule work? Does Kai only have set armor, or will my mule also have to have every weapon, ear and implant on them as well? (As a solo player, tech fragments come at a slow trickle, so I've only been buying the crafting schematics from Kai. I've never had the luxury to gamble with them.)

You still get the 3 piece grey set from character creation. (I think. I didn't think to test that.) They didn't inform us of the starter planet quest reward changes, but it is on the PTS. What is there now is a mess. There are a couple pieces of a new, fairly generic set, but it's not a full 7 piece set. The side quests still give bits and pieces of the 2 old 6 & 7 piece sets, but now you can't get the main pieces. Who knows what they intend to go live with since they completely ignore every question and comment on the PTS. It is all so unfinished and buggy, I don't know what they were thinking putting it on the PTS in that state and then asking for feedback..

The current starter planet sets incase people forgot.

Thanks for this. I misunderstood it as them getting rid of the Social Armour sets you buy off the various cantina social vendors. I love the Elegant Armour Set for my casters (Dromund Kaas/Coruscant) so I'm glad that will still be there.

Thanks for this. I misunderstood it as them getting rid of the Social Armour sets you buy off the various cantina social vendors. I love the Elegant Armour Set for my casters (Dromund Kaas/Coruscant) so I'm glad that will still be there.

No...

What they're doing with the social armors is different, possibly worse. They're planning to remove Social Points as they are now - per character, gained by conversations, groups, etc. - and as part of their pushing Ops and the like with 7.0, make Social Points a Legacy-wide thing, but only obtainable through completing Ops and other 'group content' (not just playing through the game as part of a group)...

No...

What they're doing with the social armors is different, possibly worse. They're planning to remove Social Points as they are now - per character, gained by conversations, groups, etc. - and as part of their pushing Ops and the like with 7.0, make Social Points a Legacy-wide thing, but only obtainable through completing Ops and other 'group content' (not just playing through the game as part of a group)...

Fortunately I've played long enough that I don't have to care about any of that. I already have maximum social points on my main (who I do all achievements on). I don't care much about social points on my alts with the exception of getting enough for that armour set I mentioned. However, from what I understood, all social point levels/titles would still stand for those who already have them? If not, I won't be forced into Ops** (or any other group) content to redo my social points, UNLESS they include big world boss raid groups. World bosses, including DvL (yes I know they're removing them) and the two Ossus ones are underplayed content - look how popular WBs are during the feast event. If they added an incentive to do them, I'd join/create the groups. It's the only kind of "raid" content I can tolerate/enjoy.

Did I also read that social points won't be given in 7.0 for grouping with a friend or ranked/unranked PvP?

**Except The Eyeless. That one I can tolerate.