How does PT look in 7.0

ralphieceaser

I am planning on choosing pt as a combat style in 7.0, more likely going pyro.

How does pt look to be in 7.0?

I despise current meteor brawler set so I never use it but I ve seen a lot of comments about PTs being rly bursty glass cannon in pvp to justify the subpar defensives, do those comments solely rely on using the meteor brawler set as an AP pt or are both AP and pyro pretty bursty without it to justify the lack of strong defensives?

Pyro's burst comes mostly from Superheated Fuel tactical (gives supercrits on flame attacks during Explosive Fuel), and Meteor Brawler set isn't completely gone, the best part of it is actually a 4-piece bonus, which exists on PTS rn as a Shock Trooper Package (Legendary item). I'm actually glad that Firefall buff is gone, cuz it just forces the dumb yolo playstyle which PTs are infamous for. Edited by Voroschuk

• 2 weeks later...
Yolo style is the real style of a VG/PT honestly. Always about trading your life for a kill at each spawn, always on the brinck of death. Firefall was important in my opinion and not easy to manage because you have to build stacks, using the correct abilities in a short window of time and also be strongly careful to your position toward enemy player, knowing when he/sh is about to pushback you making that big explosion futile. Moreover, skilled PT/VGs learnt when to get rid of Explosive Fuel/Battle Focus buff to make Firefall detonate earlier and with a bit of surprise effect for the opponent. Not a walk in the park. I'm confident about VG/PT changed in 7.0 (except for Hold the Line that i'd rather make basline), but is a pity Firefall is gone.