The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Disable changing combat styles in FPs

ralphieceaser

Just something I noticed that could prove to be problematic, there's people who seem to believe that everyone is now gonna be choosing a stealth combat style just to avoid killing mobs in flashpoints.

That can easily lead to these people trying to kick anyone who committed the crime of "Not having a stealth combat style cuz they dont like it" so they can save time and never have to do combat outside bosses, if this mentality is spread this is absolutely gonna be happening and it needs to be stopped early on.

Either that or maybe it is time to implement a bar that also needs to be filled by killing trash in order to complete the flashpoint in order to stop the stealthers who would skip everything if allowed to.

Just something I noticed that could prove to be problematic, there's people who seem to believe that everyone is now gonna be choosing a stealth combat style just to avoid killing mobs in flashpoints.

That can easily lead to these people trying to kick anyone who committed the crime of "Not having a stealth combat style cuz they dont like it" so they can save time and never have to do combat outside bosses, if this mentality is spread this is absolutely gonna be happening and it needs to be stopped early on.

Either that or maybe it is time to implement a bar that also needs to be filled by killing trash in order to complete the flashpoint in order to stop the stealthers who would skip everything if allowed to.

Hampering the ability of everyone who plays the game to be able to switch combat styles in a flashpoint (or any other content) JUST BECAUSE THERE MAY BE (not a guarantee) other people in the flashpoint who'll kick them over their combat style choice is the flimsiest reason I can think of.

Nay.

Edited by xordevoreaux

What harm is it to you if people skip trash mobs? You're not in their flashpoint, leave people alone.

What harm is it to you if people skip trash mobs? You're not in their flashpoint, leave people alone.

People getting kicked repeatedly because the group wants to stealth everything because they are tryhards and have a stealth combat style just to avoid trash is quite a major problem.

Because this isnt about the possibility of it happening, people have been kicked for all sorts of silly tryhard efficiency reasons, it will get worse when you have people expecting everyone to have a stealth combat style just so they dont do FP trash

JUST BECAUSE THERE MAY BE (not a guarantee) other people in the flashpoint who'll kick them over their combat style choice

Oh i can guarantee it happens because I know very well how these people behave, if you dare not have the stealth combat style you ll be kicked for "hurting their efficiency"

And to avoid that problem, you should either lock combat styles during FPs or make some trash % mandatory to kill to finish the FP

Edited by ralphieceaser

People getting kicked repeatedly because the group wants to stealth everything because they are tryhards and have a stealth combat style just to avoid trash is quite a major problem.

Because this isnt about the possibility of it happening, people have been kicked for all sorts of silly tryhard efficiency reasons, it will get worse when you have people expecting everyone to have a stealth combat style just so they dont do FP trash

Oh i can guarantee it happens because I know very well how these people behave, if you dare not have the stealth combat style you ll be kicked for "hurting their efficiency"

And to avoid that problem, you should either lock combat styles during FPs or make some trash % mandatory to kill to finish the FP

Still remains: Flimsiest reason EVER. And if you're so horrified about being kicked for your combat choice, stop pugging and join a guild.

Nothing now stops a group forming whose primary combat style includes stealthers, so even if people couldn't switch combat styles in 7.0, there you are with stealthers in your flashpoint and they're STILL kicking you to the curb, so you're not accomplishing anything by preventing people from switching combat styles, and if you have another motive that you haven't stated yet as to why, inquiring minds want to know.

NO. HELL NO.

You don’t need to do that because BioWare have already said you can’t change your combat style in the flash points. You have to leave, drop group and requeue if you want to change combat style.

NO. HELL NO.

You don’t need to do that because BioWare have already said you can’t change your combat style in the flash points. You have to leave, drop group and requeue if you want to change combat style.

Oh thank god, good to hear, was worried about it after seeing many people have the mentality of "Everyone is gonna choose stealth combat style to skip trash" aka "my efficiency focused playstyle is the only one that matters and if you dont follow you get kicked for hurting my efficiency"

Edited by ralphieceaser

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So this might be an old thread but not being able to change combat styles in fp's is idiotic, I que as tank for pvp and dps as pve and the que pops for a fp and I cant change to dps so I have to leave the fp? This makes sense to you?

It's even worse than that. I queue as tank in a MM FP, somebody leaves (life happens), queue brings in ANOTHER TANK and I can't swap to DPS because...reasons.

Oh, and now the group has two tanks, and not enough DPS to clear the FP. GG.

So gonna jump in here also and say locking combat styles is fine, the locking of Disciplines/Specs is idiotic.

I should be able to chose between my dps specs and my healer/tank spec in my advanced class (now called combat style) in the same way I could since... well since legacy spec changes became a thing.

So gonna jump in here also and say locking combat styles is fine, the locking of Disciplines/Specs is idiotic.

I should be able to chose between my dps specs and my healer/tank spec in my advanced class (now called combat style) in the same way I could since... well since legacy spec changes became a thing.

This is probably the best way to handle the situation. You avoid people that might swap to a stealth class just to stealth and then change to something else, but still allow people to, y'know, do their jobs.